Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood
    To the guy who said the "C" on the jersey in baseball is gay, why isnt it gay in Hockey?
    Because every team in hockey has three captains (a C and two A's) so it's part of every team's uniform, and they have a different role on the ice as far as talking to refs, etc. So it's important to denote who the captain is.

Tek can get away with it only because of the glove hand to the face he gave A-rod last year was very hockey like. I read that he had apprehensions about wearing it as well, and his teammates talked him into it. I'd personally rather see him go low-key, a la Jeter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki
    I truly hope some of the 'gay' jersey comment wannabes will let me accompany them to Yankee Stadium for a trip into the Bleachers, where they can explain how gay jersey wearing is to a few thousand drunken Yankee fan idiots (I know, redundant). I'll take video of your last moments for you.
    I thought the Red Sox were the idiots this year. Or was that last year? Or was that Cowboy Up? Damn, I can't remember all those gay slogans they have each year. Jersey wearing is all in the eye of the beholder. If you're a Sox fan and you see another Sox fan wearing a jersey, its cool. If you're a Yankee fan, you think its gay... simple as that. Now watch out for the Yankees... 9 in a row!

hollywood, KD nailed it.

in hockey its the tradition. i think only a few captains in baseball have ever worn a "c". barry larkin Is the only one i can think of off the top of my head. and he's a certified douchebag.

you wont find a bigger sox fan than me, and i fucking love tek. but the c, not a fan.

Good logic

I back it. As he's the last guy in the universe to want to bring attention to himself, I think it's a noble gesture. Tek for President.
    You know, there's like a butt-load of gangs at this school. This one gang kept wanting me to join because I'm pretty good with a bowstaff.

10 in a row.