Page 286 of 291 FirstFirst ... 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 LastLast
Results 7,126 to 7,150 of 7262

Thread: Wagon Stoke

My wife thinks my wagon is a shrug. She doesn’t get it. She drives a soccer mom SUV, so whatever.

Mine looks vaguely like the Batmobile and that apparently doesn’t get anybody but me hot and bothered. That’s fine.
    focus.

My wife likes our Golf Wagon but would rather be in a Tiguan.

I love the wagon profile.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    How do your better halves feel about wagons? Both my wife and my sister think that wagons are about as cool as minivans. Actually, let me rephrase that. They think that wagons aren't cool at all, I just don't get it.
    My wife loves wagons and hates SUVs. She travels a lot for work and every time she is forced into an SUV rental, she complains about it. She wasn't ALWAYS this way, mind you. Our Volvo made her a permanent convert. Only thing that'd make her happier is if we could afford to trade up to an E63 AMG or RS6.

If you're getting some resistance, take her to a dealer and let her drive one. All the "utility" of an SUV (if not more) with the superior driving experience you want from a sedan. What's not to love? Have her test drive a minivan and a wagon back to back. Maybe toss in a lumbering SUV for good measure. THEN hopefully she'll understand that they are all worlds apart. Good luck!

I admired a Volvo wagon in a parking lot a few days ago and my wife basically said "ewww, a wagon". She thinks Cherokees and maybe some other SUVs are cooler than wagons.

Fortunately, we both dig muscle cars, and I'm hoping that one day she gets on board with Miatas too. Getting another car isn't on the horizon anytime soon, but I'll try the test drive approach when we are in the market again.

How do your better halves feel about wagons? Both my wife and my sister think that wagons are about as cool as minivans. Actually, let me rephrase that. They think that wagons aren't cool at all, I just don't get it.
    My wife only wants a wagon and was adamant about getting our Alltrack in a 6MT (I wanted it but it wasn’t a deal breaker). She plans to keep it until it dies and make our boys learn to drive a stick on it in 11 years. Not an SUV fan, though we both grew up driving Suburbans.

She’d love a Allroad, RS6 or Volvo if we had cash. Haven’t got her atuned to the E class or the many E63’s around here, but you can’t everything. Shes also 5’ 7” skis a 178 and likes skis with metal… hard to complain???

Mine generally wants what the rich[er] people across the street have. Needless to say they aren’t wagons… while she is content in the XC90 she’ll tell anyone her all time fav was her B6 Audi A4

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    My wife only wants a wagon and was adamant about getting our Alltrack in a 6MT (I wanted it but it wasn’t a deal breaker). She plans to keep it until it dies and make our boys learn to drive a stick on it in 11 years. Not an SUV fan, though we both grew up driving Suburbans.

She’d love a Allroad, RS6 or Volvo if we had cash. Haven’t got her atuned to the E class or the many E63’s around here, but you can’t everything. Shes also 5’ 7” skis a 178 and likes skis with metal… hard to complain???
    serious wife flex right there

Sent from some smartphone by a dumbass

Quote Originally Posted by twomartinis View Post
    serious wife flex right there
    Seriously, she's a keeper

Wagon Stoke

I don’t understand not loving wagons. But I also like vans so it might be me.
    Last edited by babybear; 03-06-2024 at 08:10 PM.
    skid luxury

I’m pretty sure my wife’s dream car is the Letterman/Newman 240 with a ford v8. Except theirs had a supercharger and she is more a turbo gal.

She doesn’t ski but her dream was for me to be a stay at home dad with a Snowbird pass. We’ll figure something out.

I’m on my 3rd wagon. My brother in law is on their 3rd wagon.

My Dad, God bless his soul, gave up the first Porsche he owned, a bright orange 914, for a Pontiac Safari wagon because the family said a 2 seat Cabrio was no way to transport a wife, baby and large sled dog.

My wife, son, friends, family, and strangers have all been baptized into the long roof church and I couldn’t be happier.
    I still call it The Jake.

Wagon Stoke

My husband and I both had wagons when we met. Mine was a passat awd wagon and his was a subi outback *that he had for 20 years* before selling last year. We kept it around as a 3rd vehicle because my mom would drive it in the summers and we’d have it for visitors etc.
    I know sometimes people get lemons but this one was a peach.
    We sold it this fall and the kid who bought it drove it to San Diego and had zero issues with it.
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    My husband and I both had wagons when we met. Mine was a passat awd wagon and his was a subi outback *that he had for 20 years* before selling last year. We kept it around as a 3rd vehicle because my mom would drive it in the summers and we’d have it for visitors etc.
    I know sometimes people get lemons but this one was a peach.
    We sold it this fall and the kid who bought it drove it to San Diego and had zero issues with it.
    We still have my wife's '97 Outback in the family. Middle kid is hooning around Montana in it presently.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    We still have my wife's '97 Outback in the family. Middle kid is hooning around Montana in it presently.
    That is awesome. I think we couldn’t have been happier to pass on to this nice young ski bum given that we have no ski bum children of our own
    skid luxury

You don't need this negativity in your life. You know what to do

I admired a Volvo wagon in a parking lot a few days ago and my wife basically said "ewww, a wagon".
    Its all about the marketing. Start calling it an avant instead of a wagon. I think most women who don't ski skis with two sheets of titanal prefer to sit higher in an SUV. Looking up at the underside of a lifted F250 in the next lane can be a bit unnerving.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

My wife loves wagons, and would like another one. However. Since she has been riding around in a Nissan leaf, not once have I heard, "there's some light on in the car I don't know what it is."
    Oh? "How long has it been on?"
    "A while, nothing is wrong though."

So I am reluctant to get back in the euro wagon club.
    sigless.

Another benefit to the wife is just how much easier it is to access your skis/gear from the roofbox on a wagon versus an SUV. At least if they go solo up to the hill. Once we had car seats to contend with and didn't want to throw all the wet gear on the inside, this is when the wagon reigned supreme. Added benefit is extra grocery hauling duty! Nice to be able to keep the ice cream frozen on your hour long trip home from the grocery store by just tossing all the frozen goods up top.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Another benefit to the wife is just how much easier it is to access your skis/gear from the roofbox on a wagon versus an SUV. At least if they go solo up to the hill. Once we had car seats to contend with and didn't want to throw all the wet gear on the inside, this is when the wagon reigned supreme. Added benefit is extra grocery hauling duty! Nice to be able to keep the ice cream frozen on your hour long trip home from the grocery store by just tossing all the frozen goods up top.
    If she's going solo up to the hill, can't she just throw her 165's in the back of the SUV?

Smooth as glass. Kid at the in n out not as old as the car knew exactly what it was. N/A V8 ftw.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2833.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	624.8 KB 
ID:	489678

Boy, look at that thing go!

Not the prettiest gauge cluster tho...

Wagon Stoke

I’m quite fond of the analogue white backlit

I've been looking for a used Audi allroad- 2014-2019 range, and this thing keeps poping up in my search:
    Name:  389942181_6153323941433704_2063119310397829498_n.jpeg
Views: 201
Size:  85.8 KB
    Audi Q7 limo....

Anyone in the market for a Rolls shooting brake with suicide doors?

Name:	395887AB-27BC-451A-8908-267DF27F9C44.png 
Views:	99 
Size:	684.5 KB 
ID:	489702

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a6...brake-auction/

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    My wife loves wagons, and would like another one. However. Since she has been riding around in a Nissan leaf, not once have I heard, "there's some light on in the car I don't know what it is."
    Oh? "How long has it been on?"
    "A while, nothing is wrong though."

So I am reluctant to get back in the euro wagon club.
    I will have my V70R until it drops dead (with the various warning lights on), but the wife and I really like the Cayenne I bought a few years ago rather than the choices we have for wagons in the USA.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    Anyone in the market for a Rolls shooting brake with suicide doors?

Name:	395887AB-27BC-451A-8908-267DF27F9C44.png 
Views:	99 
Size:	684.5 KB 
ID:	489702

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a6...brake-auction/
    11/10, would bang and call incessantly until it dumped me for being too clingy.

I know this probably isn’t a concern for the person who buys that, but what do you do for parts/repairs on a one-off?