Page 282 of 291 FirstFirst ... 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 ... LastLast
Results 7,026 to 7,050 of 7267

Thread: Wagon Stoke

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    They grow up so fast.

This one new performance RS6 just came up south of town, one of the cleaner looking builds I've seen.

https://www.audisouthatlanta.com/new...aAvFiEALw_wcB#

YES!!! And it's in the color I wanted too! Lemme give the dealer a call but first... [opens wallet... moth flies out] nvrmnd. Seriously tho, that's a sweet build and I wish it could be mine. Someday.

Awesome paint color. Light colored wheels. Tinted glass.

Yahtzee!!

Love the wheel covers
    They look cool, but they’re functional. They’re big ass centrifugal air pumps.

Oh yeah, the venting on them is really cool.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    I get the slotted venting; but why the buzzsaw? Is this the icecoast edition that cuts through the crud?

Sent from some smartphone by a dumbass

#I70things
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Front Range Fury Road

Quote Originally Posted by twomartinis View Post
    I get the slotted venting; but why the buzzsaw? Is this the icecoast edition that cuts through the crud?

Sent from some smartphone by a dumbass
    Those covers also have the venting:

Name:  EB839C90-DC63-4183-9E8B-C461D0A5EF33.jpeg
Views: 276
Size:  89.9 KB

I assume that being a concept, the saw tooth was just done for looks, but maybe there’s a chance it was done with a functional intent (vortex generation or some such).

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...ibextid=dXMIcH That 215cid V8 is an awesome motor. At this price it's almost worth buying this thing just for that. A friend in HS had one in a Vega and it was, hands down, the fastest car in the lot.

I've been stalking late W212/early W213 Mercedes wagons again. They wouldn't really solve a lot of problems we have with our current vehicles in terms of being more efficient or having higher ground clearance, our twin complaints, but they seem like such perfect ski trip vehicles for fast Western highways as we go from Vegas to Utah/Flagstaff. Annoyingly, all the best ones seem to be in FL.

Nice wagon but I hate the no sidewall tires
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    Annoyingly, all the best ones seem to be in FL.
    Fact. I had to go to St. Petersburg to acquire mine. Nothing some airline miles and a road trip can't take care of tho!

Quote Originally Posted by Touring_Sedan View Post
    Want.
    Ah, yes. Those Jaguar wagons are so sexy. Had them on my radar when I was shopping since they took a nice size depreciation hit from new, so definitely a great value. I just couldn't find a great example with the color combos I wanted at the time. You should check this one out, Touring!

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Fact. I had to go to St. Petersburg to acquire mine. Nothing some airline miles and a road trip can't take care of tho!
    Heh, I have seen several there specifically.

Those Sportbrakes are great but I actually talked my wife out of one because I didn't want to deal with the maintenance. I think it was someone here who made me think about it three times rather than my usual shoot from the hip and roll.

I've been stalking late W212/early W213 Mercedes wagons again. They wouldn't really solve a lot of problems we have with our current vehicles in terms of being more efficient or having higher ground clearance, our twin complaints, but they seem like such perfect ski trip vehicles for fast Western highways as we go from Vegas to Utah/Flagstaff. Annoyingly, all the best ones seem to be in FL.
    PM Montucky. Good cars are worth the ship.

Some guy in the neighborhood has one in S trim amd green and whenever I see it at the grocery store I’m always impressed by how good looking it is. Shame they went away.

PM me if you want to chat about my search. I was looking at cars in Florida, NOLA, Chicago, Baltimore but ended up finding the perfect car in....Nashua. Oh, and the wagon is the S212/213.

So hard to find one that isn't thrashed. They are flat sexy but I imagine their maintenance costs are astronomical because...British engineering.

Well, either they're catching up or the Germans are catching down.
    Fwiw.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2024-02-09 090604.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	226.8 KB 
ID:	486182
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Agree with the design sentiment on the Jag wagons. Small backseat even among peers.

Here's my take on "British Engineering" and I get to have an opinion because I owned the worst of the worst.

Unless you buy a Toyota or a Honda you're going to be fixing shit. You either pay up front with an extended warranty, or pay as the repairs come due. It's just the way it works now. At least you won't be driving a Toyota or Honda or even worse.... a Tesla.

Heheh, I owned a Series II Disco.

Ufda.

Heheh, I owned a Series II Disco.

Ufda.
    I can't complain. I got almost 180K out of it. Towards the end I found myself doing the "Jeep Wave" to a couple of Disco drivers I'd see regularly. There are few who know the pain.

Here's the 2024. Audi and Land Rover in a race to the bottom. Having owned three Audi's (loved them when not in the shop) they certainly are the most unreliable brand of cars I've owned (Saab being a close 2nd).

Name:  2024.png
Views: 199
Size:  257.2 KB