Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I haven't been around here very long. Is this real life?

Quote Originally Posted by Tryingtostaywarm View Post
    I haven't been around here very long. Is this real life?
    Yeah, the snow is real, so are the trees. Even the ski is real but its trajectory is unusual. It turns in deep, slushy snow as if it were an airplane in the skies.

Much persuasive
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

That raxski looks like it would be pretty fast and unstable when forward and a lot of friction because of those fins leaning back. I'm envisioning someone ripping down a "piste" on those, then leaning back too much, losing it and tumbling. The thought of going down a coulior with those on isn't a pleasant one.. Also having all that metal weight out away from the heel instead of under the foot like on most skis might not be good. Furthermore, are you worried about obese people - Americans (yanks) buying those things, mangling themselves, and sueing you, as they are known to do? I could go on but I'm not gonna bother. I don't have the energy for it. What is the point? Its all just another obvious troll from another obvious alias, maybe to give people a chance to prove how entrepreneurial they are or something.. HEY Dunfee's girlfriend wants a boat for 10gs? Boats are useless. Trailerpark boys avatar - real name - deuche. I skied 10 days this year - 1 lift ticket, not since Jan 2 And I live in a basement, trapped here in this snowless gotham like hellhole with UBERNERDS who lick the toejam of the english/euro beaurocrats, neither of whom I cannot relate to. So here I go, jumping through the ehoops, playing along just like you expected - like the weakling that I am. And of course its not good enough. What is the meaning of life? Would I have been a happier person if I had never heard of raxski, "pistes" and "non-pistes", and for that matter the entire smelly continent of Europe? Can we contain it somehow, prevent it from spreading? What laptop should I get? Are smart phones good? How bout them self driving cars eh? I guess all I have left to say is this: I will not be using a raxski, and I dont find Europe or stone henge fascinating, but good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by theshredder View Post
    1)That raxski looks like it would be ...unstable when forward ...

2)I'm envisioning someone ripping down a "piste" on those, then leaning back too much, losing it and tumbling. ...

3)Also having all that metal weight .
    Thank you, theshredder, for your contribution to our discussion. Here some answers
    1)The opposite is true: RaxSki is the most stable ski of the world as it got STABILIZER at its end. It´s like the rear fin of a shark, the rudder of a airplane or the stabilizer of a missile. That is why RaxSki keeps track much better than all other skis and boards.

2)Leaning back on normal ski lets you tumble backwards. Leaning back on a ski with rear fins just makes them cut deeper in the snow surface,
    with the effect that ski will slow down and you body comes up again. That´s the physics and the most important part of the Rax invention.
    The faster you ride the better works this "miracle".

3)The weight of rear fins (aluminium) is negligible compared to that of the usual ski binding.

You are right that RaxSki fins cause more friction when activated (while leaning back or turning). But this friction is simply necessary for any kind of stabilization and direction control.
    Last edited by Tom from Austria; 04-13-2015 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom from Austria View Post
    ...... RaxSki is the most stable ski of the world.......
    on behalf of Austrians everywhere, I hope Hermann Maier tracks you down and kicks your ass
    "we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up" mike tyson

Makes sense. There might be something to it afterall. How does the one in your avatar handle compared to the new one? It looks like there would be differences. The new one might be difficult to handle on edge, like when turning or stopping on regular skis, but not on the ones in your avatar because there are two additional fins. Or would you just lean back to stop, like on roller blades?

Makes sense. There might be something to it afterall. How does the one in your avatar handle compared to the new one? It looks like there would be differences. The new one might be difficult to handle on edge, like when turning or stopping on regular skis, but not on the ones in your avatar because there are two additional fins. Or would you just lean back to stop, like on roller blades?
    My avatar shows one of the first prototypes in the year 2007. The side-wall rear fins of very first Rax skis were located far behind the boots, such making intensive pressure on them inpossible. Hard groomers and icy slopes were NO GO for them. But these old RaxSkis were perfect in steep powder and any other soft snow.

Well, since 2007 a lot of things have happened. We have developed at East Coast on blue ocean ice, shifted the fins to the skier´s heel, introduced the 3rd fin in the ski axis, attached lateral wings in 2012 and -in 2015- made formerly flat fins/wings curved like a short parabolic ski edge.
    Today´s RaxSki is an ultimate carver yet the difference to any other ski can be better demonstrated off-piste, e.g on moguls, steep couloirs, ...

So, the new Rax was just designed to run on edge.
    Of course, you can turn and stop on Rax like on regular skis, if you don´t want to utilize its additional features. If you lean back you make rear fins to carve deeper in the snow and slow down or even stop.

So you say that the new (removeable) "wings" that you added in 2012 would make it near impossible to turn or stop as one would on a regular ski, forcing one to stop by leaning back on the "fins" as with rollerblades? That innovation may make stopping on the raxski a lot more difficult especially at high speed. Stopping would be less dangerous on the old ones, but only in the sense that you'd still have both edges from ski blades to use, but with a whole bunch of dead weight at the back, at least on "pistes". That sounds awesome.

Interesting.

[QUOTE=theshredder;4472320]So you say that the new (removeable) "wings" that you added in 2012 would make it near impossible to turn or stop as one would on a regular ski, forcing one to stop by leaning back on the "fins" as with rollerblades? ...
    /QUOTE]

No, it`s just a missunderstanding!
    I have said that "you can turn and stop on Rax like on regular skis". So there is no need to lean back if you want to stop or turn.

But sometimes and somewhere it is recommendable to lean back on RaxSki and to activate rear fins:
    - when shredding steep couloirs
    - when executing small radius turns, like 2 or 0.5 meter.
    - when performing fast series of turns
    -when running over icy plates just to avoid skidding aside
    - when skiing on hard tracked snow or old avalanches with stone-hard balls
    -when ripping moguls
    -in mushy slushy snow
    Last edited by Tom from Austria; 04-15-2015 at 09:39 AM.

"ripping modules"?

moar translation needed

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    "ripping modules"?
    My fault! "moguls" is correct

pretty gnar

obama Rax
    Zone Controller

"stone-hard balls"

Quote Originally Posted by Gcooker View Post
    "stone-hard balls"
    Yeah, tracks of old avalanches look like "devil´s golf course".
    A pure horror for a carver and a freerider. Forget the turning technique Warren and other ski gurus taught you!
    For us it´s the best play ground to show that RaxSkis can turn everywhere.

why turn tho

thought you was core
    Zone Controller

I think that was the only time Ive ever seen a snowboarder pulling a skier along!

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    why turn tho
    Why turn?
    Well, some lines are not just straight, sometimes you have to turn to avoid an accident and sometimes you are turning just to enjoy it.
    RaxSki was invented for beter turning. English skiers call it "turning on a sixpence".

Last edited by Tom from Austria; 04-15-2015 at 01:15 PM.

RaxSki was invented for beter turning. English skiers call it "turning on a sixpence".
    Look's more like wiggling and it sure isn't Heartcarving.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Look's more like wiggling and it sure isn't Heartcarving.
    WTF is the "Heartcarving"? Cutting human heart with a scalpel?

Well there are many arts of turning:

That's ubercreepy dude and no, "heartcarving" is the name given to a technique a lot of people seem to think is lame. Trolls beware of the heartcarving.

Spring seems like the best time to use the raxski though right? Also if repeated raxskiers followed the line in your picture then you'd have an awesome mogul run for regular skiers to use. Maybe the raxski track would also impress people. They'd see it from the lift and be all like dasistklobigengewicht, whoever put down that line is better than rog, I must buy that person a beer.

My fault! "moguls" is correct
    Best video you have posted to date. I love your ambition Tom. I'd love to ski with you on your US sales tour. No fucking way am I putting those on my feet though.

I will be happy when these catch on though. People will finally have someone other than tele skiers to release their homophobic fears on.

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

...Spring seems like the best time to use the raxski though right? .....Also if repeated raxskiers followed the line in your picture then you'd have an awesome mogul run for regular skiers to use. ...
    Yes, definitively yes! Spring is the Rax time.
    Though new models of RaxSki perform well on best groomed piste in the morning, the superiority of Rax fins and wings becomes apparent with moguls in the afternoon and generally with the spring-like snow conditions.
    As US testers put it: the worse the conditions, the more you like your RaxSki! This is why we were tempted to rename RaxSki in "The Afternoon Ski".

Can RaxSkis produce "awesome mogul run for regular skiers"? No, because RaxSkis mostly turn on fins and wings such carving grooves in the snow surface, without skidding aside. And this scraping the snow by ski edges makes moguls.
    Means: if groomers were frequented by Rax riders only, there would be no moguls even in late afternoon.

"the line in your picture" ? Yeah, we have passed more than 12 different lines on that day, the most of them twice. These Ötscher-Rinnen are accessible from the chair lift, we needed about 30 minutes for one lap.

Hey Tom....do you know Karl Schranz?
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.