Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Might stop into Fruita or Moab on the way from SLC to Taos. See who is warmer

Phils world in Cortez is worth a stop if you are down this way
    ...tricks deserve applause, style deserves respect

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    Might stop into Fruita or Moab on the way from SLC to Taos. See who is warmer
    Don't know your plan but I might ride fruita on sunday, seems like the warmer of the two days
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

I'm supposed to be in aspen the next few days, but might drive down to fruita for some riding with warm weather. Any recs on bike shops for a rental? Trails? Anyone run shuttles this time of year?
    I wear crocs for the style, not the comfort.

whats the story with free camping on blm land in fruita, i see there is this "fruita north desert campground" that's 10 bucks a pop now, but it looks like there is still some free stuff off of 18 south of the campground, is this true, can anyone give better directions to the free blm land?
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

Pay the ten bucks.

Chatton, Over The Edge has good rental/demos.

18 Road Trails are more of the fast, smooth stuff, with those classic fin trails like Joe's Ridge and Zippity Do Da. They are up next to the Book Cliffs that you'll see on your right (north) as you drive in past GJ. You'll probably find yourself doing multiple laps. Its fun to pack a cooler and have some snacks and drinks in the lot between laps...just park upwind of the shitter.

Kokopelli Trails are over by the river and have more rock and techy stuff. Warm up on Rustler, then ride out Mary's to Horsethief Bench. Multiple laps on Horsethief are usually warranted. If you want a little more mileage go past Horsethief to Steve's/Handcuffs for a loop. Steve's is very smooth but has some really beautiful, unique sections of trail. Then come back on Mary's and then drop in HTB.

If you wanted to have a very full day, you could hit Kokopelli trails in the am, get some Hot Tomato for lunch, then head to 18rd and do laps until you can't. It gets the magic light later in the afternoon up there.

This is basically the Fruita intro package. There are some more options out in the Kokopelli zone if you wanted to do some bigger loops and ride most of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by flowtron's ghost View Post
    Pay the ten bucks.

Chatton, Over The Edge has good rental/demos.

18 Road Trails are more of the fast, smooth stuff, with those classic fin trails like Joe's Ridge and Zippity Do Da. They are up next to the Book Cliffs that you'll see on your right (north) as you drive in past GJ. You'll probably find yourself doing multiple laps. Its fun to pack a cooler and have some snacks and drinks in the lot between laps...just park upwind of the shitter.

Kokopelli Trails are over by the river and have more rock and techy stuff. Warm up on Rustler, then ride out Mary's to Horsethief Bench. Multiple laps on Horsethief are usually warranted. If you want a little more mileage go past Horsethief to Steve's/Handcuffs for a loop. Steve's is very smooth but has some really beautiful, unique sections of trail. Then come back on Mary's and then drop in HTB.

If you wanted to have a very full day, you could hit Kokopelli trails in the am, get some Hot Tomato for lunch, then head to 18rd and do laps until you can't. It gets the magic light later in the afternoon up there.

This is basically the Fruita intro package. There are some more options out in the Kokopelli zone if you wanted to do some bigger loops and ride most of the day.
    wow. awesome my man. telluride or fruita, telluride or fruita, ski or bike.......hmmm

fuck that noise.

gmen.