51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Suck it up like a good little girl and accept return/return $$ to Mtbcat

0 0%
  • Mtbcat sucks it up and keeps them

51 100.00%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Accept Return?

Accept Return?

I sold some STH 16s to mtbcat last week. 100 bucks shipped cross country. (ignore where it says 75 bucks below...I sold for 100)

I don't have original listing, but I was selling skis and bindings...he took just bindings. Pics that were on listing are below.

Now he wants his money back because I never "disclosed they were very well used and cosmetically beet." Well accept for THE FUCKING PICTURES that show them very well. And "cosmetically beet" makes me laugh...not even close

Now I've grown tired of the back and forth. I figured I'd turn it over to our wonderful community for a vote and some comments...I've given up trying to explain how this works.

I've bought and sold so much shit on here with no issues...this shit pisses me off. Anyone else would give the standard "sweet, Thanks"...not "these are f'd up give me my money back". Our gear swap exists to avoid this eBay BS

Here's the commentary....starts off with me asking if he wants the skis too. My inbox was full and he let me know...didn't even realize it was same person that bought binders

booner- Do you want the Rorys?
    Let me know...ready to ship

mtbcat- nope . just thought" you should have disclosed that the sth 16s look very well used and cosmetically beet. "
    dont know if i would feel comfortable trying to sell them on TGR for what i paid.

booner- I posted pics
    75 bucks is as cheap as they get and they're perfectly fine. I actually gave you the best ones I had.
    I've paid more for ones in way worse condition and didn't feel slighted in the least

mtbcat- " you should have disclosed that the sth 16s look very well used and cosmetically beet. "

booner- You got a great deal on great USED bindings that aren't even close to "cosmetically beet". You paid going rate for that binding in used condition...don't know what else to tell you
    And there were pics. I'd love to know what you thought you'd get in a used binding that was less 1/3 of retail cost and was pictured.
    If you think those are beat up you'd probably have a break down if you actually bought a pair that was truly well used.
    Buy new ones for 250 next time

mtbcat- would not have bought if you would have" disclosed they were very well used and cosmetically beet."
    if your so confident in these bindings i will ship back and you can refund paypal.

booner- You shouldn't be buying gear on here....this is ridiculous

mtbcat- its pretty simple i ship binders back to you i pay for shipping and you refund my funds back into pay pal
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

I've never really liked beets. Are they fruits? Or vegetables? Hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post
    Well accept for THE FUCKING PICTURES that show them very well. And "cosmetically beet" makes me laugh
    No opinion on the refund, but the irony here made me chuckle.

So you mean, when something gets used it doesn't look new anymore? Weird.

They don't look cosmetically beat to me.... they look like typical used bindings. You can't expect STH16s to be in mint condition for $100 shipped. If the buyer was so concerned about the condition (which he obviously wasn't before he paid you), then he should have asked for a few close-ups for more detail.

I personally wouldn't refund the money given this situation.

Is that really what the bindings look like? Those look great...and for $100?!? Great deal.

I say no refund, he can do the leg work and sell them if he needs his money back. Someone will snatch those up in a second.

Retail shop would refund the $$ minus shipping both ways. Then you can sell them to me.

$100 shipped w/brakes? So after shipping and paypal fees you netted maybe $75?
    Like smmokan said, if as a buyer you want to make sure of condition, then you ask for better photos.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by soups818 View Post
    Is that really what the bindings look like? Those look great...and for $100?!? Great deal.

I say no refund, he can do the leg work and sell them if he needs his money back. Someone will snatch those up in a second.
    ^^^^This. Those look really fucking good, not "cosmetically beet." Let the "beeter" resell if he's not stoked.

As long as the toe AFDs are intact and the wings don't have a lot of up-down slop, and the upper corners of the heel pocket aren't so eroded the boot heel can move sideways, $100 shipped is certainly a fair deal.

Looks like good condition to me. Definitely not cosmetically beat. Great deal, too. Going rate is around 150 shipped. Dude should be stoked.

Seriously, I'll PayPal you $100 and he can just ship them to me.

what a tool.

I take it he hasn't seen this thread yet...still at it with the PMs

Here's the latest...

did you even look closely at them? selling these with the description as good and not disclosing that they were heavily used was not cool

Jeesas F

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

mtbcat needs to stop whining. Clearly there are plenty of others that he could turn around and sell them to. Dude, you had pictures. Are they different than the ones you received?

Note to self: PM may = Public Message

Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post
    I take it he hasn't seen this thread yet...still at it with the PMs

Here's the latest...

did you even look closely at them? selling these with the description as good and not disclosing that they were heavily used was not cool

Jeesas F
    WTF did he think he was going to get pristine, yet "used", 5+ year old bindings for $100? Jeez

Bindings look as described, great price for them. Guy obviously doesn't understand used gear purchases. I say no refund, and hopefully he won't use Gear Swap anymore and save the rest of us the headache. Thanks for taking one for TGR!

good stuff

since I'm brokering...brakes that went with were 100mm, not 115 shown

I love this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by zeroforhire View Post
    I love this thread.
    And the other party who has been served a summons to this kangaroo court hasnt even offered up their own lamentations and evidence yet. Lots of win left!
    "Buy the Fucking Plane Tickets!"
    -- Jack Tackle

Garnish his wages!

No seriously I may be interested.
    Decisions Decisions

Maybe he wanted beets by dre

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Maybe he wanted beets by dre

I would buy those!

Damn! Those beets by Dre are dope.

Honest opinion more than fair value, see if someone is ready to drop the cash and he can ship them somewhere else. That's a square deal to start.

"tools not jewels" or something like that...
    "You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning".

-Scottish Proverb

Refund the $ less than the shipping and handling (sixer of Stiegl) cost.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix