Gulmarg end of Jan or start of March?

Hey,

I've got the opportunity to visit Gulmarg for a week next season, either at the end of Jan or the start of March.

I gather Jan has a better chance of pow, presumably as Gulmarg is pretty far south so gets quite warm in March?

However organising flights and visas for the end of Jan is getting pretty tight (especially money for flights).

Anyone got any advice or experience?

Thanks

My advice: go for more than a week.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Getting your bro destination card punched?

if money's tight, there's other more interesting places to go.

Last i heard the avy director Brian Newman got fired last season. Then they had their first avy death in 8 years.... Not sure whats going on there this season, but it sounds like the seasons are getting really iffy there, some reports said very little snow by 2nd week of jan... id say feb is probably your best shot, but like Hugh said, if it were only a week, id save the money and go somewhere else, perhaps not so far and hard to get to...? Hope you get some snow down your way soon

I've been offered the accommodation/food/guiding/1 day heli free through work, which is the main reason I'm going (and also why I can't go in Feb). A week is the maximum I can get, but as flights are €600 and that's the only cost I'm not complaining

Alkares, actually some of the Schruns area opened today! Pistes were minging man-made crap, but there was jsut enough powder off the sides in the right places to be fun and not hit rocks. Still desperately in need of more snow though!

Hugh Conway Guest
    oh, the food will break your budget elsewhise, best go for that.