Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by powder1I View Post
    It's gonna rain to the top, unless you know the secret lines don't bother. Guys I have a sled
    I guess Lee didnt like my jokes!
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    I guess Lee didnt like my jokes!
    ?? i skied. It was actually good today. Avalanche Canada fundraiser tonight at Longhorn

I know this is the wrong place, but the touring setup I bought in July is now in Invermere and not getting here anytime soon, and one bootpack from JC to DOA was enough to last me the season, so if anyone in the area has a dynafit setup they are trying to get rid of please let me know (ideally looking for something 185-ish with radicals or verticals).

^ Might have more luck seeing if anyone on here is doing the drive for christmas or something?

There is this thing call "shipping".

Have someone wrap your skis up in a old blanket and toss them on Grey Hound.

That was the plan, two months ago... The shipper has been slow at communicating and has been in and out of the hospital for the last few weeks. I bought the skis in July while they were in whistler, didn't get them then, and I'm tired of waiting.

Found some amps, so i think I'm set
    Last edited by filthyfrenchbum; 12-19-2014 at 12:44 PM.

Dear W/B Marketing

Please piss off with the all day radio ads promoting 10cm of snow and how the whole vertical mile of skiing is open and awesome.

First the lower mountain is bare.

Second now every Joey in the lower mainland is thinking it's deep and they need to get up there.

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    Dear W/B Marketing

Please piss off with the all day radio ads promoting 10cm of snow and how the whole vertical mile of skiing is open and awesome.

Whats radio?
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Dear W/B Marketing

Second now every Joey in the lower mainland is thinking it's deep and they need to get up there.
    It's Christmas....the mountain will be slammed by the hoards regardless of the conditions....

Quote Originally Posted by filthyfrenchbum View Post
    I know this is the wrong place, but the touring setup I bought in July is now in Invermere and not getting here anytime soon, and one bootpack from JC to DOA was enough to last me the season, so if anyone in the area has a dynafit setup they are trying to get rid of please let me know (ideally looking for something 185-ish with radicals or verticals).
    I've got a pair of Dynafit Huascaran 186's with Speed Radicals with skins. $600 for the whole shabang

Dear W/B Marketing

Dear W/B marketing, please keep it up and keep the hordes away from the southern interior ;-)

The southern interior has snow?

Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    The southern interior has snow?
    Nobody has snow. Rode the chair with some Swiss dude who says they might start canceling world cup races. Made me happy to have what we've got at this point.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Jessie,

Awesome fucking shots! Stills don't get the credit they deserve since Gopros arrived, but watching that was a couple of minutes well spent. Who's the tune? And are you back in Van area? Let's get some, not waist deep alder, turns in.

Cheers dude and nice stoke.

Play safe out there. Hero to zero in a nanosecond with this early season snowpack. Some experienced skiers spent the night unexpectedly around Oboe/Piccolo.

fun day out there today...great lap down pig's fancy, best run of the season, knee deep, all up in my face, and still snowing hard in the valley

I have new skis and no rock skis - want to help save me a core shot? Any one have any guidance on the entrances to the rocky starts? How's Bush Rat? Pacalolo (sp?)? Cirque?

The alpine is pretty well caked. Stay out of trees and anything below 1700m and you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    The alpine is pretty well caked. Stay out of trees and anything below 1700m and you'll be fine.
    yeah great couple of days....we actually skied mil$ today and it wasn't horrible getting out to the road, but we skinned back up to 86 via P2C instead of assassinating our skis with a skiout attempt

Entrances are fine. It's the exits of runs you need to watch out for. Spankys has tons of snow up high, but the bottom is full of sharks. Bush rat is full of debris at the bottom. Pakalolo is fine top to bottom.

Did anyone go up to Keith's over the weekend (20-21st) or planning on going up soon??

I somehow managed to forget a ski in the parking pullout on friday night. Ya, I know, how the hell do you even manage to forget a single ski. But I did. And it's a DPS wailer 112 with dynafits - pretty much my dream ski. Posting here incase anyone was up there and saw, it, grabbed it, or is going up and would be willing to look around for me. I went up saturday night but the pullout had been plowed so it could be buried in the bank. Of course I didn't bring a probe to do a proper search.

On a related note, has anyone worked with Eric the ski finder guy in whistler?

Quote Originally Posted by Zarquon View Post
    Did anyone go up to Keith's over the weekend (20-21st) or planning on going up soon??

On a related note, has anyone worked with Eric the ski finder guy in whistler?
    Buddy and I hired out his metal detector rather than using him as he will only go to certain spots (wouldn't go anywhere near cbc where my buddy lost his). DIdn't find it, but heard from others that he does a pretty good job, especially in open terrain as opposed to trees etc.

Skied Pakololo yesterday, only a couple people had skied it by midday! We were eyeing up the curl but limited vis made us think otherwise. nice snow conditions up there. Trees over on 7th are definitely filling in and very much skiable pretty much down to the chair. Couloir was soft top to bottom too. Managed a couple of lines far skiers left of ruby bowl (can't remember name of the line), great snow up top, but patchy/icy down below.

Has anyone skied bad attitude yet? Is the traverse good to go?

Quote Originally Posted by The Schralper View Post
    Buddy and I hired out his metal detector rather than using him as he will only go to certain spots (wouldn't go anywhere near cbc where my buddy lost his). DIdn't find it, but heard from others that he does a pretty good job, especially in open terrain as opposed to trees etc.

Skied Pakololo yesterday, only a couple people had skied it by midday! We were eyeing up the curl but limited vis made us think otherwise. nice snow conditions up there. Trees over on 7th are definitely filling in and very much skiable pretty much down to the chair. Couloir was soft top to bottom too. Managed a couple of lines far skiers left of ruby bowl (can't remember name of the line), great snow up top, but patchy/icy down below.

Has anyone skied bad attitude yet? Is the traverse good to go?

Horrible not worth ever going there again. Same with DOA. Not worth yesterday's 3 laps.

Quote Originally Posted by filthyfrenchbum View Post

Horrible not worth ever going there again. Same with DOA. Not worth yesterday's 3 laps.
    Yep. Everything sucks balls right now. Stay home and wait for more snow.

Highway 99 Both directions
    Highway 99 Closed in both directions at Cayoosh Creek Bridge due to a
    vehicle incident. Estimated time of opening is currently not
    available;assessment in progress. Next update 5:00pm. Updated on Mon
    Dec 22 4:17 pm PST. (ID# RTMC_5260)
    URL: http://www.drivebc.ca/~RTMC_5260
    Highway 99 Both directions
    Closed in both directions 32 km south of Lillooet because of Vehicle
    Incident. Estimated Time of Opening is Unknown. Pending further
    structural assessment of the bridge, the next update will be at 9:00
    am
    Tuesday, December 23rd. Updated on Mon Dec 22 at 8:22 pm PST. (ID#
    179055)
    URL: http://www.drivebc.ca/~179055
    Anyone heard any detail on this? 3 hours and counting..

EDIT for "Pending further structural assessment of the bridge, the next update will be at 9:00 am".
    Last edited by Shaggy; 12-22-2014 at 10:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntCok View Post
    Splat did tell me he liked his pussy like he liked his ski boots. I guess he meant dank, stinky and a bit packed out.