Page 75 of 106 FirstFirst ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 2628
    In box full and can't be douched

831 four two one twenty2 sixtyfive

Demo at KW usually has a good selection. I'd stay in minden and drive to KW. Staying on hill is $$$$. Freshies in SLT has good eats and beer. Hot springs on 88 in NV. Not awesome, but warm.

Quote Originally Posted by nfaust View Post
    Looking for some Tahoe beta. Work is taking me to Minden next week, but I'm flying out a day early to hopefully get some turns in on Sunday. Are conditions still looking pretty bleak? I was thinking of trying to hit Kirkwood, but open to recommendations, particularly if there are any deals to be had or crowds to avoid. I'll be staying in Carson City for work, but could get a place closer to the mountain for Saturday night if it made sense and was somewhat affordable. Would certainly love any recommendations for things to do, eat or drink while I'm out there as well.

Edit: oh yeah, I'm going to have to rent - wont be able to bring my bros for this trip. Any recommendations on a mag-approved shop?
    Keep an eye on the weather. Things are trending colder and possibly wetter for the weekend. If it's not warm enough to corn up then Heavenly/Northstar could easily be better (think groomers) than Kirkwood. If the forecast is for sunny and mid 50's in South Lake then Kirkwood could be better. Kirkwood will always be better for crowds. If it trends wetter then Kirkwood usually gets more unless it's an inside slider in which case Heavenly/Northstar/Mount Rose do the best.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

WestCoastPDR Guest
    ?
    Bring some snow from the East please, and maybe some clam chowder. PM sent.

I've got to say, skiing was a lot better than I expected this weekend. The temps didn't suggest that it was getting cold enough to freeze over at night, but it definitely firmed up. Perhaps the wind helped move the moisture off. Anyway, at least at Alpine, the south-facing lines that had sufficient coverage were lots of fun -- South Peril through the unnamed line to the left of Alpine Bowl, pretty much everything served by the Yellow Chair, Wolverine....
    not counting days 2016-17

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    In box full and can't be douched
    Sorry, my bad. Cleared it out. Thanks for the info. Is it worth getting a place in Minden Sat night to hit KW Sun vs. just driving from Carson City? Will check out the hot springs too - sounds cool.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Keep an eye on the weather. Things are trending colder and possibly wetter for the weekend. If it's not warm enough to corn up then Heavenly/Northstar could easily be better (think groomers) than Kirkwood. If the forecast is for sunny and mid 50's in South Lake then Kirkwood could be better. Kirkwood will always be better for crowds. If it trends wetter then Kirkwood usually gets more unless it's an inside slider in which case Heavenly/Northstar/Mount Rose do the best.
    Good to know re: weather patterns. Will try to keep an eye on it.

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastPDR View Post
    Bring some snow from the East please, and maybe some clam chowder. PM sent.
    Ha, I'll do my best! Thanks for the PM - lots of good info in there.

Is SLT a cool town? Worth checking out? If so, what's my best option for getting over the mountains (presumably in a crappy rental with bald all-seasons). Looks like 50 and 207 are my only options. Do they frequently have chain restrictions?

Oh, and does anyone know of any ticket deals for KW? Or are online prices my best bet?

Thanks again everyone.

Looking to tour Thursday and/or Friday. Down for wherever.
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

Alpine hike conditions and opening experts: Why is beaver bowl open now but not a few days ago? Still curious...

Rannndom post

Anyone know the dude who, for at least the past 15 years, has been riding his bike between Truckee and Squaw with no helmet and in jean shorts? He's somewhat stocky and balding. If so, someone should tell him that performing his ritual in mid-February is ... hurtful.

Quote Originally Posted by kungpow View Post
    Alpine hike conditions and opening experts: Why is beaver bowl open now but not a few days ago? Still curious...
    Freezing temps overnight the past couple of days would be my guess.

There's still good stuff to be found around Tamarak. Tahoe Tim Showed me some good terrain on Sunday! Got my eye on a run on West Galena peak.

Vets is offline Orange Mocha Frappuccino!
    Looking for some Tahoe beta. Work is taking me to Minden next week, but I'm flying out a day early to hopefully get some turns in on Sunday. Are conditions still looking pretty bleak? I was thinking of trying to hit Kirkwood, but open to recommendations, particularly if there are any deals to be had or crowds to avoid. I'll be staying in Carson City for work, but could get a place closer to the mountain for Saturday night if it made sense and was somewhat affordable. Would certainly love any recommendations for things to do, eat or drink while I'm out there as well.

Edit: oh yeah, I'm going to have to rent - wont be able to bring my bros for this trip. Any recommendations on a mag-approved shop?
    I skied Kirkwood today. Great conditions for late April/Early May. However, it is February.
    I concur with what powdork said about basing your resort choice on weather.
    I may have a buddy ticket on my Epic Local Pass that you could use. PM forthcoming.

14/?? The OFFICIAL Tahoe Thread

Found some fun wintery chowder out there today. Did laps 1 and 3 of whatsupdoc's tour. Their lap 2 looked awfully nice. Might need to get out there tomorrow.

nfaust, 1. I was referencing my inbox. I was getting notices of incoming PMs. 2. Carson City should be fine. 3. If it is wet weather, 50 up to the lake tends to be easiest. 4. There can be chain controls 5. Highly doubtful there will be any precip in the Sierra. 5. KW was very nice today. I'd say better than Late April.

Quote Originally Posted by Huck Pitueee View Post
    There's still good stuff to be found around Tamarak. Tahoe Tim Showed me some good terrain on Sunday! Got my eye on a run on West Galena peak.
    I was in that same area last week, good stashes left for sure... but this heat...

(screen grab, too lazy to upload the video on vimeo)

Quote Originally Posted by Vets View Post
    I skied Kirkwood today. Great conditions for late April/Early May. However, it is February.
    I concur with what powdork said about basing your resort choice on weather.
    I may have a buddy ticket on my Epic Local Pass that you could use. PM forthcoming.
    Thanks for the offer / PM returned. Latest from NWS Reno seems to indicate colder Sunday with increasing chance of precip.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Found some fun wintery chowder out there today. Did laps 1 and 3 of whatsupdoc's tour. Their lap 2 looked awfully nice. Might need to get out there tomorrow.

nfaust, 1. I was referencing my inbox. I was getting notices of incoming PMs. 2. Carson City should be fine. 3. If it is wet weather, 50 up to the lake tends to be easiest. 4. There can be chain controls 5. Highly doubtful there will be any precip in the Sierra. 5. KW was very nice today. I'd say better than Late April.
    Noted - thanks for the beta.

At least there's something worth hiking for Kungpow.

I had fun at Kirkwood this weekend. Wintery snow was found in Thunder Saddle and certain OB areas and my two-year-old son slayed Funny Bunny like a fucking pro.

Ahh man Idiots and Beaver were sweet corn today at Alpine. Tourists gone and open terrain, love it!

Rode elbow chute in idiots around 2, super nice!

We found some pretty damn nice powder today. And then, later, my ass found a rock. Oweeeee. And my ski straight lined a solid 800 foot vert, all by itself. Good times. Going home to lie on a couch for a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by guermo View Post
    Rode elbow chute in idiots around 2, super nice!
    That looks way more accessible in your photo than I would have guessed scouting from below last Monday (when it wasn't open). Nice!

http://yubanet.com/regional/Final-EI...p#.VOT0wyynl8E

Final EIR/EIS Available For Heavenly Epic Discovery Project

Ha! He totally needs a bigger bike, his knees his the handlebars every pedal.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowPressure View Post
    Rannndom post

Anyone know the dude who, for at least the past 15 years, has been riding his bike between Truckee and Squaw with no helmet and in jean shorts? He's somewhat stocky and balding. If so, someone should tell him that performing his ritual in mid-February is ... hurtful.

Quote Originally Posted by LowPressure View Post
    Rannndom post

Ha! he totally needs a bigger bike, his knees hit the bars every pedal

Gonna poke around the Rose area tomorrow if anyone is interested in getting out.
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

From the last two days.