Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 56 57 58 59 60 61
Results 1,501 to 1,522 of 1522
    Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Anyone have ideas for science experiments for toddlers? Last weekend it was pissing rain and i was solo parenting so i busted out vinegar, baking soda and food coloring and me and the 2yr old messed around with that. We also made ooblek (cornstarch/water non-newtonian fluid) and messed around with that.

He's 2, so attention span is minimal and the experiment needs to be very stimulating from a sensory standpoint. Im thinking something with magnets next, maybe something with sounds?
    We've done a few variations of "find the dinosaur bones." Plastic bin full of rice / popcorn kernals / whatever with assorted "bones" buried in them. "Tools" (spoons, butter knife, etc.) for excavating.

Anyone have ideas for science experiments for toddlers? Last weekend it was pissing rain and i was solo parenting so i busted out vinegar, baking soda and food coloring and me and the 2yr old messed around with that. We also made ooblek (cornstarch/water non-newtonian fluid) and messed around with that.

He's 2, so attention span is minimal and the experiment needs to be very stimulating from a sensory standpoint. Im thinking something with magnets next, maybe something with sounds?
    Static electricity is a fun one. Get some balloons.

Sent from my SM-S928U1 using Tapatalk
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Anyone have ideas for science experiments for toddlers?
    Are there snails or slugs where you live?

Throw salt on the fuckers!

Hours of wholesome family fun, and a seguway into discussions regarding both physiology and chemistry.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    Your dog just ate an avocado!

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    Are there snails or slugs where you live?

Throw salt on the fuckers!

Hours of wholesome family fun, and a seguway into discussions regarding both physiology and chemistry.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    Hahaha a right of passage for every boy out there.

However, i am really trying to instill a respect for animals/living things at his age so burning ants with a magnifying glass, salting slugs, etc are off the table until he has developed a conscience about other life. But yeah, when he is 5-6 we are for sure gonna give salting slugs and amatuer-hour animal disection a shot.

Hmmm i really like the static electricity angle, especially with balloons. And also the digging for dino bones- the child loves to dig already.

Does he play the other favorite digging game, “did I poopy in my diaper?” Where you shove your hand in there and dig around

Will a US based vehicle land on the moon today?

Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

jfc

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    I just read a WW2 book that was focused on the war in Europe post D-Day. There were 2 impressive artificial harbors that were created in the week after that then got smoked by a late June storm. I don't recall the numbers exactly but I want to say 100k gallons of oil were dumped in an attempt to calm the waves. It wasn't that successful from what I recall.

Talk about getting barreled .....

my life is complete. falling into my own anus

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    my life is complete. falling into my own anus

I've heard of navel gazing ...

Here's another one. We're in the middle of a G4 Geomagnetic storm so the lights could be pretty good tonight. Usually the night before a full moon it would be a bust but from ~1am - 5 it's a penumbral lunar eclipse so the moon will be muted but still full. The Aurora and a full moon might make for a killer experience.

Tell us how it was tomorrow.

He'll tell us--if he can.
    Solar storms--some scary shit could happen. Like all the substation transformers blown and could take 10 years to replace them.
    https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...-to-our-planet
    So enjoy the aurora--could be the end of the world as we know it by tomorrow.

Solar storm distorts earth's magnetic field, moving magnetic field produces electricity which is taken up by the grid and overwhelms it. And it will be Biden's fault.

And the GPS satellites will be knocked out and apparently all kinds of technology depends on GPS in ways I don't understand.

Supposedly the utilities are supposed to be figuring out how to protect the infrastructure from the next big storm. But PGE is still trying to figure out how to not burn down California and how to generate enough electricity for an all electric fleet by 2035. I can't imagine solar storms are high on their priority list.

As expected, the full moon was so bright that it overwhelmed that eclipse. It was so bright out there, there was no chance at seeing anything other than a shadow on the moon.

Voyager 1 was launched in the mid-70s, last year it stopped communicating.

Now it started back up.

https://twitter.com/NSFVoyager2/stat...r-1-calls-home

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Linked article from the JPL has perhaps a little more info than you really need, I was surprised by the size of the Voyager team, I must say.

https://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/nasas-...dates-to-earth

Pale blue dot bro

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Linked article from the JPL has perhaps a little more info than you really need, I was surprised by the size of the Voyager team, I must say.

https://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/nasas-...dates-to-earth
    Very cool that the engineers on the ground can update hard/software with the spacecraft being 15 billion miles from Earth and yet I can't get customer support to update a computer that's shitting the bed at work.

Hey Ma, there's a dead guy in your tile.
    https://arstechnica.com/science/2024...-kitchen-tile/

More evidence that Planet 9 is out there.
    https://www.iflscience.com/astronome...-neptune-73914