Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    I was forwarded the report from fish and game

here is what it said

skiier tops out on a soon to be massive line, as he is switching over from hiiking mode to ski mode he pulls his gat out and starts firing off rounds, gangsters in paradise is playing in the backround. Then it's wave your hands in the air! By the six round the skiier has a big boner and is totally stoked, the eighth round his scrawny arms lose control of the gun and a bullet hits the ice and snow below a 1/4 inch slab or ice and snow breaks free, the skiier then shoots a final 9th round and starts falling, loosing his gun

so OP went for a solo tour and took a mean spill, and hauled himself home without asking for help. and he happened to have a pistol with him? and the internet dorks are all up in arms about it?

you guys are fuckin losers. skiing rocks, guns rock. fuck the haters

Oooh no you folks on tgr are so mean ... yawn.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TGR Forums
    The Passion is in the Risk

Quote Originally Posted by meatspicy View Post
    so OP went for a solo tour
    Was he actually touring?

At that point it was roughly 4pm and I started to get ready for my descent. I put my ski boots on
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Pretty sure he was wolf hunting with skis on ...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TGR Forums
    The Passion is in the Risk

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Was he actually touring?
    4 mile hike to 1200' vert. boot.

Wasn't meadow skipping.
    #HughConwayMatters

Quote Originally Posted by the Cock View Post
    skipping.
    More bouncing, tumbling and sliding than skipping.

Surely?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Rise To The Top View Post
    I don't go off of numbers or reported attacks on humans. I've seen firsthand what they can do while dicking around up there, and I'm not taking any chances with a 120lb dog(s). They are all over the place in QC, and if you know your geography or have spare time between licking that cheeto powder off of your sausage fingers and ranting to look it up, you'd know that is right next door.
    Man, if I were you, I'd take a step back and collect myself. Glad you're ok, but you're on here slinging a lot of shit at the very people you posted this for. I get the feeling you put this here as some kind of testament to your awesomeness as some premed, gnar shredding prodidgy. My point is, concerning the wolves in Quebec and N.E.--you have no fuking clue what you're talking about. Ever heard of the St. Lawrence? Yea, it's a huge fuking river and there is an assload of ships on it. It is a suicide march for a wolf to cross. Have a little humility.

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

mangled moose carcass therefore wolves lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded Loc View Post
    I think the most amazing part of this thread is that Rog had an insurmountable lead in the biggest douche on the internet contest and then out of left field Lil Tupac shows up and just blows his ass out of the water.
    Surely la rawj would be in line for some kind of lifetime achievement award though?
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

It was a level 3 holster. Couldn't have done anything else to keep it on me, other than getting an absurd level 4.
    I am sure it was a very good holster, and maybe even a good way to keep a loaded weapon ready to fire at a moment's notice. So, for example, if you were a law enforcement officer, or an on duty soldier, leaving this loaded weapon out on it's own in the woods might have been unavoidable.

But, I encourage you to think outside of the box. Maybe there is some other way to equip yourself for touring in NH that doesn't leave an an unattended deadly weapon in the woods. For example, you could leave your gun home. That's what a lot of gun owners do.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    There are talks of televising the entire event... maybe even a re-enactment or show sponsored by the NH Old Man of the Mountain Caretaking Committee:

I really want to see the part when OP explains he was packing heat in case he came upon a wolf.

He explained many pages back - even sourcing incidents where wolves atttacked teh humans. Just b/c it was pre Lewis and Clark does not mean you shouldn't be strapped when entering bc -
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

Duuuude. Pre-med? What were your SAT scores?

Is the OP this guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    Duuuude. Pre-med? What were your SAT scores?
    2k something. didn't really care for em. Fell asleep during one of the breaks and woke up with like 5 minutes left on one of the math sections. Kind of sucked. I did a bit better (in my mind) on the ACT, and ended up with a 33. Not that any of that shit matters in undergrad school (the same goes for some of the MCAT and med school... when the fuck am I going to have to know about circuits and magnetism?).

Wouldn't really call it a tour by most people's definition. No skins or touring skis. Went up in boots and crampons, then jumped in ski boots and alpine skis. Can't wait to actually get a touring system (moreso a new pair of boots, flex 160 lace up Langes suck to step into when its 20 degrees out).

2k something. didn't really care for em. Fell asleep during one of the breaks and woke up with like 5 minutes left on one of the math sections. Kind of sucked. I did a bit better (in my mind) on the ACT, and ended up with a 33. Not that any of that shit matters in undergrad school (the same goes for some of the MCAT and med school... when the fuck am I going to have to know about circuits and magnetism?).

Wouldn't really call it a tour by most people's definition. No skins or touring skis. Went up in boots and crampons, then jumped in ski boots and alpine skis. Can't wait to actually get a touring system (moreso a new pair of boots, flex 160 lace up Langes suck to step into when its 20 degrees out).
    That's very impressive, young Luk. Let us know what your MCAT scores are when you take the test.

It's very clear that indeed, like the creme de la creme, you will certainly Rise To The Top

Tell you what... seeing as I have connections to several med (and dental!) schools (in particular one with excellent proximity to world-class Extreme Skiing in a state with an indubitable 2nd Amendment commitment), I am certain you'd be proud and thrilled to have your exploits and commentary (not to mention your show of fortitude, both on Adams and here on this wolves den of an internet site) referenced to our admissions committee.

Whaddaya say?

Originally Posted by Rise To The Top
    Gonna ignore the fact that I'm a pre-med student? Typical asshattery on here. The kid that I was planning on going up with would have been in a far worse situation had he made the trip.
    Were you planning on shooting him?

and good on ya for getting yourself out.
    Last edited by powdork; 04-17-2014 at 01:44 AM.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Subscribed
    That Don't Make No Sense

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Movie rights sold last night.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The-wolfmanBunny.jpg 
Views:	3056 
Size:	110.6 KB 
ID:	154319
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

^

FTW, again! Best thread on the board hands down.