Page 454 of 466 FirstFirst ... 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 ... LastLast
Results 11,326 to 11,350 of 11627
    kinda crazy that Berthoud is still closed; this is the longest closure in recent memory.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

I can’t wait to hear some of the stories from people stuck in WP or SS and are coming back via Kremmling and Silverthorne today. On gmaps Rte 9 has been a solid maroon line all day from Ute Pass Road, down to I70 and then a solid maroon line on I70 all the way up to the tunnel. That…is insanity.

My buddy is at 6hrs WP to boulder

My source says pass opens at 4-430...let's fact check that.

Sent from my Turbo 850 Flatbrimed Highhorse

And 285 has been closed so South Park traffic in the mix plus Willow Creek so no North Park sneak.

I think the new normal will be to force the traffic to 70 and dedicate the resources to try and keep one road over the divide open.

Sent from my Turbo 850 Flatbrimed Highhorse

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    I can’t wait to hear some of the stories from people stuck in WP or SS and are coming back via Kremmling and Silverthorne today. On gmaps Rte 9 has been a solid maroon line all day from Ute Pass Road, down to I70 and then a solid maroon line on I70 all the way up to the tunnel. That…is insanity.
    Hello, I am this person. I left to WP at 5am on Sunday and got back at 7pm on Monday. I stayed the night in WP foolishly hoping the pass would re-open on Monday (after waiting 2 hours to get out of the MJ lots). Upon waking up on Monday and seeing the news, I left WP at 8:15 and got to Silverthorne at 11 ish. The drive was horrible. I found that 70 had closed at 10:45 in both directions. So I kicked around Silverthorne compulsively checking the status. When the highway re-opened around 4:15 it was a mad dash to get on, which I luckily did. The drive home from there took 3 hours but wasn't too bad. Saw a flipped car WB. Snow was good but overall not worth it. Do not recommend.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1705445833.130298.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	302.6 KB 
ID:	483256

That's click bait influencer bullshit. Send a bunch of tourist into North Park. Sounds smart. Those 14 and 125 have no night plowing and will be a total skating rink.

Is Cameron Pass and Willow Creek Pass even open? So much inconsistent information.

Quote Originally Posted by ColMan View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1705445833.130298.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	302.6 KB 
ID:	483256
    Holy fucking shit!
    Yeah, that maroon line hasn’t changed or shortened since I last posted. I cannot imagine being caught in that. Is deep powder really worth that? I’m not sure anymore.

Some of those comments say people left WP this morning and are still in Silverthorne. I just got back from Granby City Market and it is pretty bare. How much supply do the gas stations have?

But seriously, many of those stuck in the mountains have no business driving through North Park at night.

and then they will see this sign and be afraid to stop and take a piss at the Sinclair

https://www.reddit.com/media?url=htt...torqfpap91.jpg

My experience with a little shitty traffic through silverthorne this morning suddenly seems like nothing. Around 1:00 or so today, last time I recall looking, it seemed as though cdot had maybe taken one grader pass up Loveland pass from the basin.

Caught some really great rope drops out there today, lower standard was so damn good.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    That's click bait influencer bullshit. Send a bunch of tourist into North Park. Sounds smart. Those 14 and 125 have no night plowing and will be a total skating rink.
    according to google maps, 125 is not open; when I map Laramie to WP, it sends me through Denver/Silverthorne.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Laramie immediately was the move - a rare moment when it wasn’t blizzarding

Google maps has been screwy in this storm. With Berthoud closes, other roads (Trough) have been closed proactively. Its better to hold traffic in the population centers where resources are available.

I don't think it's going to open for a while. Looking at the cams, the road looks clear, but it looks like they sent "home" all the cars that appeared to be at the Jane closure.

The closure on Berthoud Pass will continue overnight due to ongoing slides and safety concerns. There were two additional slides that covered the roadway Tuesday afternoon, according to CDOT. Crews have been working around the clock clearing snow and working on reducing avalanche danger. No estimated time has been announced for the reopening of the highway.
    https://www.skyhinews.com/news/u-s-h...f-winter-park/

Maybe, just maybe, two or three people on the FR will decide it's not worth it anymore. Heh

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Maybe, just maybe, two or three people on the FR will decide it's not worth it anymore. Heh
    Honestly I think it might be higher. There's a big FR crowd that goes for the *vibes* of skiing and this weekend's kerfuffle might have soured that.

Ha...for every two that throw in the towel, three buy a place in the mountains. This is why I say the mountain towns don't care or those invested in the tourism and real estate industries don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by CLsurf View Post
    Honestly I think it might be higher. There's a big FR crowd that goes for the *vibes* of skiing and this weekend's kerfuffle might have soured that.
    There are 5 million people in the Front Range, the quitters can be replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by CLsurf View Post
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    There are 5 million people in the Front Range, the quitters can be replaced.
    This. And by the trends I have seen they will be even worse drivers and skiers than the ones before.

8 hours in a car from WP to Denver, much of it in stop and go and dead stop….my family and I would just fucking lose it.