Page 2 of 181 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 4502
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    the junkshow
    Posts
    5,683
    You do it to yourselves.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    20
    I like kind of like this guys idea...

    http://www.insaneskitrain.com/options.html

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    under the hogback shadow
    Posts
    2,438
    Oh well, I guess it wasn't as bad as it could have been. At least I got the taxes done.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the swamp
    Posts
    4,699
    Why is there traffic at 11am on a Sat? Morons, you missed the good snow

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Boulder
    Posts
    5,257
    When the twins came, my ski days were reduced to almost nothing.
    I'm not sure I miss the crazy weekends, the traffic etc etc.
    I'm not convinced its worth it.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,637
    Morrison at 6:10, Copper at 8:20. Pretty bad but certainly could've been worse.
    "It need not be fun to be fun." - Big Steve

    throughpolarizedeyes.com

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    303
    Posts
    102
    Today I witnessed an idiot trucker fuck up the whole flow by getting into the middle lane for the climb up to Floyd hill, Eastbound. Stopped the entire flow of passenger traffic to go 35 mph around the truck in the right lane doing 30. THIS is another example why trucks should either be held at dotsero/lakewood or should be only allowed in the right lanes during peak hours. It happens all the time westbound, you name the pitch.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    118
    Get ready for zip line season. Another wrinkle in the i70 saga.
    I have more skis and bikes than Facebook friends.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    303
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Why is there traffic at 11am on a Sat? Morons, you missed the good snow
    We were busy shredding all your powder during the week and came back non-peak hours.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the swamp
    Posts
    4,699
    Quote Originally Posted by newbreak View Post
    Today I witnessed an idiot trucker fuck up the whole flow by getting into the middle lane for the climb up to Floyd hill, Eastbound. Stopped the entire flow of passenger traffic to go 35 mph around the truck in the right lane doing 30. THIS is another example why trucks should either be held at dotsero/lakewood or should be only allowed in the right lanes during peak hours. It happens all the time westbound, you name the pitch.
    Agree. Trucks in right lanes only.
    And slow idiots going 55 in the left lane with no one in front of them...move over!!
    Last edited by The SnowShow; 03-09-2014 at 09:31 AM.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    north aspect
    Posts
    32,942
    Quote Originally Posted by capulin overdrive View Post
    You are required to chain smoke blunts while on I-70, if your drive tires have tread you shall also be required to do burn outs until your tread is gone before proceeding.
    so the mj laws have helped, sweet news for travelers indeed.,
    b
    bF
    Alpental Indigenous

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Leadville, CO
    Posts
    2,862
    Heres a few tips maybe you commuters can train your fellow drivers on:

    1. Make sure you pass all the people clogging middle lane doing 50mph in the right lane doing Mach looney.. Maybe they will get the picture and move far right to go 50 mph, hopeful but doubtful
    2. Tailgate the idiots doing 60mph in far left lane with no traffic in front of them. High beam and honk if necessary.
    3. Post to Facebook to spread word that wet roads don't necessarily mean 20mph below posted speed limit, and get the F out of the far left lane! Once Again !
    My Company: Made in Colorado Clothing- check it out

    www.freeridesystems.com
    20% Maggot Discount Code = 'MAGGOT16'

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Couloirfornia
    Posts
    8,175
    This thread reminds me of I-80 through the Sierra when we used to get snow. Fucking drought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    under the hogback shadow
    Posts
    2,438
    Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    Heres a few tips maybe you commuters can train your fellow drivers on:

    1. Make sure you pass all the people clogging middle lane doing 50mph in the right lane doing Mach looney.. Maybe they will get the picture and move far right to go 50 mph, hopeful but doubtful
    2. Tailgate the idiots doing 60mph in far left lane with no traffic in front of them. High beam and honk if necessary.
    3. Post to Facebook to spread word that wet roads don't necessarily mean 20mph below posted speed limit, and get the F out of the far left lane! Once Again !
    We already do this. It doesn't work. The obstinately clueless will remain that way.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    your vacation
    Posts
    772
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    Morrison at 6:10, Copper at 8:20. Pretty bad but certainly could've been worse.
    sorry but that's bad, patience is virtue I have none of

    my record i70 time is in town breck to morrison exit stop light 55 mins

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    gnArvada
    Posts
    2,676
    1:20 from garage to Copper. 1:33 from Copper to garage.
    Bonus points: I left at 3:30 on a Sunday afternoon.

    Call me crazy, but is this CDOT peak change/ take 285 instead campaign actually working?

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Frisco-->Breck
    Posts
    887
    ^I think it's more the fact that the road is 100% dry and it's warm outside. Even when it's cold and dry people drive weird.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    gnArvada
    Posts
    2,676
    Maybe. I don't know...3-4PM on a Sunday with no metering at the tunnel? Weird. Only time I hit the brakes was a mile before 40 and landing in a ~10 minute delay. Just doesn't seem....normal.

    Was the same thing last weekend. Just a little pocket of slow near 40 & 70 and the rest was golden.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Golden/Breckenridge
    Posts
    5,271

    OFFICIAL I70 BITCH THREAD....

    There's A TON of people still in town in Breck. I think a lot of people are staying up. The resorts weren't that busy though, either, so I don't know. Denver is sick of traffic maybe?

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the swamp
    Posts
    4,699
    71 in Denver...everyone's golfing, biking, climbing and grilling

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Golden/Breckenridge
    Posts
    5,271
    Good point

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Frisco-->Breck
    Posts
    887
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    There's A TON of people still in town in Breck. I think a lot of people are staying up. The resorts weren't that busy though, either, so I don't know. Denver is sick of traffic maybe?
    holy shit right? I went into city market around "rush hour" and it was more fucked than saturday nights. I know it's spring break time but damn it's just getting ridiculous beyond the normal growth of tourists.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    your vacation
    Posts
    772
    Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    holy shit right? I went into city market around "rush hour" and it was more fucked than saturday nights. I know it's spring break time but damn it's just getting ridiculous beyond the normal growth of tourists.
    we are all getting weak, the past two winters have been a dud (except last april and may) and now we've got some of the best snow around, so suddenly everyone and their grandmother is here to get some of that sun baked, powder yesterday, weed for sale on main street, this is a tiny town, mountain fun

    I seems like every weekend that goes by gets crazier and crazier. It will be over by the first week of april. hold on its ok to use your car horn a couple times a day

    and just when you thought you saw it all and heard it all was driving from frisco to breck the other day and someone was really fucking up the flow of traffic, I breath deep, then I finally get my turn to get close to the offender, suburban, texas plates, dry as a bone pavement, tire chains smoking, loose as shit, and spitting rocks doing about 40 - 45 mph

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Three-O-Three
    Posts
    13,136
    There was a quick "story" on the news last night about CDOT beginning work this week (?) on the west-bound Twin Tunnel expansion. Are they really going to do that right before Spring Break and during the busiest month of the ski season?

    I obviously see the benefit of expanding the east-bound tunnel since it opens up traffic to three lanes continuously after that, but I don't get the west-bound side construction. It'll go right back down to two lanes before you get to Idaho Springs, right? Essentially they're spending tens of millions on the tunnel expansion to delay the pinch point a mile or two?

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    gnArvada
    Posts
    2,676
    ^ I don’t think they’re expecting a bigger tunnel on WB 70 to open the traffic up. It has to be done eventually, so they’re just taking care of it while they have the frontage road detour in place.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •