Page 144 of 148 FirstFirst ... 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 LastLast
Results 3,576 to 3,600 of 3692

2013/14 Inland PNW thread

Quote Originally Posted by FatKidFromFL View Post
    Hey mags,
    I'll be at Schweitzer on the 26th if anyone wants to meet up and show me around. It'll be a blast. I'll be on rentals. First time on skis in 5 years. I'm formerly a decent skier from Mt. Hood. The PNW crew will vouch for me and my snacks. I haven't logged on to TGR since COVID stole my euro BBI trip from me in 2000 (sup buster?). But now that it's official that I'm moving west this summer, it's time to get reacquainted with the riffraff. So consider this my introduction. Hit me up if you want to ride. I'll be wearing Orange.
    You’re gonna need a black avy vest, mfrees, or some of MO’s skis to get in with the crowd up there.

So many flavors of Koolaid to drink!

I'll be out of Sandpoint with the family next Friday - Tuesday. (Presidents day weekend, surely it won't be busy)

While not ideal conditions anywhere in these parts...it looks like it's not terrible over there. My fingers are crossed for ever so slightly more than forecast!

If I end up heading to Silver, I'll ping the crew. I already know from last year I won't fit in and will struggle to keep up, but I'm ok with that in my old age! (You all are fast!)

If anyone is around at Schweitzer, I would love to make some turns!

2013/14 Inland PNW thread

Hey mags,
    I'll be at Schweitzer on the 26th if anyone wants to meet up and show me around. It'll be a blast. I'll be on rentals. First time on skis in 5 years. I'm formerly a decent skier from Mt. Hood. The PNW crew will vouch for me and my snacks. I haven't logged on to TGR since COVID stole my euro BBI trip from me in 2000 (sup buster?). But now that it's official that I'm moving west this summer, it's time to get reacquainted with the riffraff. So consider this my introduction. Hit me up if you want to ride. I'll be wearing Orange.
    Whoa dude, blast from the past. Still a little fuzzy. Lol. Glad to hear you’re back on skis, that’s quite the hiatus. Unfortunately I won’t be at the Schwizz. To passe for me. I slum at Silver.
    Puma, I should be around Silver if ya make it down lemme know. A bunch of us were supposed to head to Kicking Horse but the lack of the fluffy is making us change plans.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

bring your carving boards boys ....

"we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up"
    mike tyson

all my boards are carving boards
    embrace the gape
    and believe

I miss seeing the carve to spin, legendary moves

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Whoa dude, blast from the past. Still a little fuzzy. Lol. Glad to hear you’re back on skis, that’s quite the hiatus. Unfortunately I won’t be at the Schwizz. To passe for me. I slum at Silver.
    Good to hear from you!

Whats up with schweitzer vs. silver? not a lot of love for the schweitzer around here.
    The Hardest Workin' Man in Snow-Business

Puma, I should be around Silver if ya make it down lemme know. A bunch of us were supposed to head to Kicking Horse but the lack of the fluffy is making us change plans.

Absolutely. Sorry to hear the Kicking Horse trip isn't going to work. It's been a tough year!

Good to hear from you!

Whats up with schweitzer vs. silver? not a lot of love for the schweitzer around here.
    Not many schwizz peeps on here. Everyone should ski there tho, it’s the place to be!
    Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    Absolutely. Sorry to hear the Kicking Horse trip isn't going to work. It's been a tough year!
    Yeah, it’s still up in the air. Fingers crossed.
    Carving boards not needed at Jackass proper today..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1707607593.894066.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	920.3 KB 
ID:	486402

Fook yeah, killer turns

Hell yeah!! Stookeeeee

Fkna that looks good

schweitzer has outpriced most locals for the greater globalized good! Crystal Mtn of the INW, it’s a luxury marketing engine these days, as any corporate run resort. easy to hate as it’s not the level of resort marketing portrays.

I’ll lap with ya if I’m able

that looks nice

"we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up"
    mike tyson

Not many schwizz peeps on here. Everyone should ski there tho, it’s the place to be!

Yeah, it’s still up in the air. Fingers crossed.
    Carving boards not needed at Jackass proper today..

Looks glorious! I'll have both carving and soft snow skis! My wish for slightly over-delivering on snowfall appears on track!

RE: Schweitzer \ Silver.

I sure had a great time at both last year. If I happened to live in Sandpoint, it would be tough not to have a pass there. If I lived anywhere else, Silver.

Yeah it’s tough to drive south and ski silver, but silver gets more snow typically. I like the layout of Schweitzer. It’s a coin flip, they both are pretty great hills. If I lived in CDA I’d have a pass at silver and buy a 4 pack to Schweitzer or maybe an IKON base.

If lookout pass ever does the full expansion they have talked about on peaks to the SW that will be the best skiing in the INW most likely. But that’s probably a long way out.

Quote Originally Posted by TAFKALVS View Post
    If lookout pass ever does the full expansion they have talked about on peaks to the SW that will be the best skiing in the INW most likely. But that’s probably a long way out.
    If they do they'll find a way to cut runs across the fall line

It must be all the lead in the water.

By that point in time Schweitzer will likely be 90% condo units so any ski runs will be refreshing.

FT (Flabby Tit - Mt Spokane) skied well this morning. 9" new, sun, and not a ton of people. Skied until noon then called it. Pretty skied out by then.

Yeah I got up there a little after 9 and wish I got up earlier. Plenty of untracked back there to keep things fun for few hours. I left around 2. Mountain looked much better than I thought. That snow fall helped for sure. Plan on bringing my son up tomorrow afternoon and Friday to take advantage of the snow and no school for him.

Name:	426362115_2036799540053917_6520419577776521418_n.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	359.2 KB 
ID:	486911

Well that looks delightful.

That looks glorious. So excited to get over there tonight!

A question for the Schweitzer folks. Does the Musical Chairs double run everyday and is there coverage to ski down? We will have dogs in the car and would love to park in the most easily accessible location to minimize down time when coming back to check on them. Was planning to park in the Fall Line parking lot, but obviously that would not be ideal if bussing to and from was needed.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    A question for the Schweitzer folks. Does the Musical Chairs double run everyday and is there coverage to ski down? We will have dogs in the car and would love to park in the most easily accessible location to minimize down time when coming back to check on them. Was planning to park in the Fall Line parking lot, but obviously that would not be ideal if bussing to and from was needed.

Thanks in advance.
    Yes and yes