Splitboarding Boot

So I am looking to purchase a new boot for splitboarding. I have heard the Burton Driver X is a pretty solid stiff boot, but wondering if anyone had any suggestions on another boot.
    Thanks!

spook started a thread about this the other day,
    not the most interesting read but use the search function and you should find some shit to read.
    I can't remember which model of 32's I have
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

When I boarded back in the day I ran the DriverX and was very happy with 'em.

That said, I've heard of some durability complaints since then.
    Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    It's the same argument for prostitution. There's a lot of people in this world who won't be getting laid unless they pay big bucks or fuck an artificial life form. No amount of consolation, pity or comiserating is going to change that reality.
    Slaughter is the best medicine.

sparks is coming out with a splitboard specific boot

I have been using Salomon F22 for 3 years now and I have no complaints riding the gnar

Spark has had a boot out for a couple years now....
    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...55123115,d.cGE

And dude(s), maybe check this site out for splity info, not many splitters in the 2 plank world of TGRz
    http://splitboard.com/talk/search.ph...=active_topics
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

burtons never seemed to last, they packed out too easily for my liking.
    I liked the fit thou.

I just hate dropping big $$$ only to find an issue.

personally I hate my R&D bindings as they are of extremely poor quality control in all areas so I would be very cautious buying early runs of these boots. they even acknowledged the first run of bindings were shit in some areas so their track record is not good early on. their bindings certainly did progress rapidly in the tech department but did it get any better in the quality department.

but the boot does sound good on paper ...
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

Warranty, warranty, warranty.
    No suggestion on new boot but two thumbs for the Driver and two more for customer service. My feet have 10 years on this model.

Spark doesn't make the boot, deluxe does. (Just the name is the same, spark did distribution for the first year in 2010) Deluxe has been making boots for a long time, bigger in yurp. They are a stiff boot with a good sole for hiking.

What issues have you had with spark bindings, mine work great, no issues. The new models with out the pin are even nicer.

Sent from my ADR6300 using TGR Forums

I've had the Driver X boots and have the Deeluxe boots now. Both are great choices. Spark boots are way stiffer. The hard toe on the deeluxe boots is money for kicking in steps in hard snow. It's no sub for crampons, but it's highly superior to most soft boots.

Nothing but good stuff to say about Spark R and D. Will is the man! I've got lots of miles on mine and have never had any problems. Just got a new pair so I won't be splurging on the magnetos, but they look next level for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by stalefish3169 View Post
    The hard toe on the deeluxe boots is money for kicking in steps in hard snow. It's no sub for crampons, but it's highly superior to most soft boots.
    Even more so the hard toe is important WITH crampons. I have the driver-x and even with a crampon on the boot folds in half at the toe if your climbing anything remotely steep. Which means the pons teeth just pull straight out. Not ideal.

I have a pair of Driver Xs and I think they're too soft but they don't seem to have changed much in the 30 or 40 days I've ridden them so Burton is doing something right. I spent most of last season splitting in AT boots and just picked up a pair of TLT5s for this season. The Deeluxe Sparks or XVs look like great boots if you must have a soft boot. The Fitwells are good too but they are heavy and stiff.

As said already, the Driver X doesn't fit a crampon very well, I've tried.