Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Deadwood

Anybody watch Godless? Forget what network, but it was really good I thought. Kinda in this old west realm.
    Bonus points, the wife might actually watch it too for the girl power.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    Anybody watch Godless? Forget what network, but it was really good I thought. Kinda in this old west realm.
    Bonus points, the wife might actually watch it too for the girl power.
    Godless was good. I forget which channel had it, maybe Netflix?

The females in this house weren’t into it though. They are more into “Parks and Rec” and “The Office”.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    True Detective season 1 was great. Season 2 sucked donkey balls. Season 3, somewhere in the middle. I watched Barry for 3 or 4 episodes and just couldnt get into it. I don't think Bill Hader is a great actor and I was confused over what they were trying to do. Dark comedy?? I wasn't laughing much at all. Drama? Its been done before, hitman who wants to get out of the biz.. can't really recommend it.

Also tried to get into Little Big Lies, but that show isnt giving me a lot of reason to stick with it. Its boring, and I cannot stand 1/2 of the major cast. Like, if you asked me who my least favorite actresses are in Hollywood, I'd say Laura Dern and Nicole Kidman. Not caring much about any of the characters or really wanting to find out any more about any of the "mystery" the show's premise is all about.

I hate to say it but HBO is looking pretty beat until Westworld season 3 IMO
    If you only saw 3 or 4 Barry episodes, then you missed some good parts.

As for Big Little Lies, after watching one episode, that could be enough. Having lived in close proximity to that scene, it does ring true, though. I was struck by the young woman who was sleeping on a fold out bed in the living room. I knew people who lived the same way in Santa Cruz.