Page 52 of 78 FirstFirst ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1948

Thread: SLC Eats

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    Tosh's - it's ultimate comfort food in my book. Everything goes well together in that bowl they make. I'm no ramen expert so I'd like to compare and contrast different ramen places to see why I like Tosh's so much - I've only had it twice. And figure out the different styles better before saying one is good or bad. I don't want to rip on one place's ramen as too thin of a broth when traditionally it's suppose to be made with a thin broth, for example. I just haven't eaten a ton of ramen to have a real opinion TBH.

I did search out and ate at a few famous ramen places that had different regions represented in Tokyo a few years ago (like Fukuju in Shibuya), so I do know what highly rated ramen tastes like and Tosh's reminded me of a couple places there. But it might just be personal preference why I like Tosh's.
    yeah Tosh’s is awesome for sure. they have legit takoyaki too, closest I’ve found to what we had in osaka

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    I checked Scion out about a week ago. Great little place, cool ambiance and they now have over 75 different ciders both on tap and bottled.
    I’ve always been a beer guy. But now I’m adding to my pallet. They have some great knowledge and it’s fun to try these tasty ciders and learn about what makes em so good.

Our own Skiguide is behind the bar after 6 on Saturdays. She’s waiting for some change.
    it's really exciting exciting to see serious cider given attention. I know CO and MT have old, heirloom trees, I would be curious what there is in UT. Seems like the laws are favorable and someone could crush if they started a cider-house in the state. I am thinking about some garage bottles if I can get some of the heirloom fruit from the Capital Reef orchards next summer.

There aren't many bottles in the US, especially in UT, but fruit from old trees in Europe will give wine a run for its money in complexity. We had a bottle of pear cider from 200+ y/o trees last spring that was bonkers.

I loved the cider I tried at scion, but my honest review is that the ambiance is so so (a little too minimal maybe) and the prices are high. I will definitely go back though, as that's the type of business I'd like to see do well around here.

Made a great combo of pre drinks at scion then dinner at nohm

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    I loved the cider I tried at scion, but my honest review is that the ambiance is so so (a little too minimal maybe) and the prices are high. I will definitely go back though, as that's the type of business I'd like to see do well around here.

Made a great combo of pre drinks at scion then dinner at nohm
    Granted it just did open a few weeks ago…And at a quite limited opening. Give ‘em time to add decor.

I felt prices were very comparable to other establishments I frequent honestly.
    Given I’m new to this game I did enjoy a nice IPA at the end of evening
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Granted it just did open a few weeks ago…And at a quite limited opening. Give ‘em time to add decor.

I felt prices were very comparable to other establishments I frequent honestly.
    Given I’m new to this game I did enjoy a nice IPA at the end of evening
    all of the 15 oz pours are way more than you'd spend on a beer: https://www.scionciderbar.com/menu/, regardless of rarity. Maybe you're paying for the novelty of getting something over 5% on draft?

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    Tosh's - it's ultimate comfort food in my book. Everything goes well together in that bowl they make. .
    Interesting I would say the exact same thing about Kobe and say Tosh's just doesnt quite fill the bill for me. To each their own.

Anyone else tried Villagio for pizza? Had a slice for lunch today, pretty damn tasty. They claim authentic New York pie, not sure its quite to that standard (at the risk of wakening skidog to set me straight) but its pretty damn good and worth popping in at lunchtime.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

I like Villagio a lot. Most NY Style I've found in the valley. Went not long after opening and it was great, haven't been in a little while, but they were growing exponentially, so probably dealing with a little growing pain in terms of that busy/quality matrix.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Interesting I would say the exact same thing about Kobe and say Tosh's just doesnt quite fill the bill for me. To each their own.

Anyone else tried Villagio for pizza? Had a slice for lunch today, pretty damn tasty. They claim authentic New York pie, not sure its quite to that standard (at the risk of wakening skidog to set me straight) but its pretty damn good and worth popping in at lunchtime.
    +1 on Kobe vs Tosh's. I feel the same way as teleee, though I wouldn't mind eating at Tosh's ever.

I also love Villagio, some of the best pizza in town for sure.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    all of the 15 oz pours are way more than you'd spend on a beer: https://www.scionciderbar.com/menu/, regardless of rarity. Maybe you're paying for the novelty of getting something over 5% on draft?
    Actually only had a few tasters on draft, then tried a full can. I honestly don’t care what % comes out of the tap. Being new to the cider thing and wine as well, 15oz is a lot more than I can currently handle. 2 glasses of wine and I’m pretty looped. I’m a cheap date at Scion.
    I enjoyed my visit and will return. With friends to check it out as well.

username does not check out

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    username does not check out
    Heh. Beers are a totally different animal.

Need a date spot recommendation, good food, nice atmosphere where conversation can occur, but not expensive, and not a brewery
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

Nohm is great. Food is amazing, can be a little speedy but not bad, atmosphere is nothing to really write home about. Personally my favorite date spot is Eva, but I haven’t been in years. It’s still there so that’s saying something about it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

yea I'd do nohm too. A very fun dining experience.

As phall mentioned Eva is also great, though I haven't been since covid. Enjoyed ginger street a few weeks back too as a place with nice atmosphere, serivceable food and good drinks menu.

Central 9th market for sando’s. Holy crap they are good. Mom had a blt, and I had a mortadella with egg and American. Served on focaccia. Plus (hey Tgapp) your spruce tip jam in stock as well as lots of other sweet items.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1323.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	150.4 KB 
ID:	397877

Quote Originally Posted by Yukonrider View Post
    Need a date spot recommendation, good food, nice atmosphere where conversation can occur, but not expensive, and not a brewery
    I’d throw Kathmandu or Himalayan kitchen down as excellent food and nice vibe, if that’s your scene. Get the Momos.

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    Central 9th market for sando’s. Holy crap they are good. Mom had a blt, and I had a mortadella with egg and American. Served on focaccia. Plus (hey Tgapp) your spruce tip jam in stock as well as lots of other sweet items.

Name:	IMG_1323.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	150.4 KB 
ID:	397877

I need that

And I need more spruce tip jam

I think I'm just gonna make my own though this spring. My wife will eat $5 worth of it on a single piece of toast. It's wildly unsustainable.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

A close friend that raves about Saigon Sandwich had dinner there recently and was very disappointed, said it was terrible. Since then I was told that there has been a change in owners, is that right?

Name:	PXL_20220104_215338781.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	993.0 KB 
ID:	399736

Went to The Original Philadelphia up around 24th street and Harrison in ZZZ and nbabuck1's neighborhood today. pretty fucking dope cheesesteaks, with amazing greek coleslaw. fries were perfect if albeit a little saltier than i would have liked. overall, highest of recommendations. great to find new places around ogden.
    Last edited by tgapp; 01-04-2022 at 04:13 PM. Reason: double pictures

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    A close friend that raves about Saigon Sandwich had dinner there recently and was very disappointed, said it was terrible. Since then I was told that there has been a change in owners, is that right?
    I last ate there about a month ago and the Bun was up to previous standards. Haven't heard about an ownership change but IDK.

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post

Went to The Original Philadelphia up around 24th street and Harrison in ZZZ and nbabuck1's neighborhood today. pretty fucking dope cheesesteaks, with amazing greek coleslaw. fries were perfect if albeit a little saltier than i would have liked. overall, highest of recommendations. great to find new places around ogden.
    Wife and I are in a serious rut with where we go to eat around here. Like the staff knows us by name kind of rut. I blame covid, but we need to try some new places.

There a good philly sub place at main near 650 by the 15 and hill AFB. 189 state st clear field.

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Finally made my way to Red Iguana. That place is bomb! The Mole sampler plate they bring out was really good. downside there was a line at 2pm on Monday.
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukonrider View Post
    Finally made my way to Red Iguana. That place is bomb! The Mole sampler plate they bring out was really good. downside there was a line at 2pm on Monday.
    Yep, such a good menu and their food was delicious. We made sure to make a reservation on Resy and got right in the door at 12:30 last week.

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post

Growing up in Sandy there was a place called The Philadelphian, and I’m pretty sure you got food poisoning from that place just walking in the door. It was so good though…