Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    shit, you may have a bed if I'm not there. at very least you've got a hide-a-bed couch.
    Try to come out on a long weekend to maximize production.
    i'll keep you in the loop in the new year. thanks again, man.

sounds like you're in good hands, son!

nice doing bizness with you

Quote Originally Posted by jeffro83 View Post

i've just got a little FWD golf TDI, but it manages pretty well as long as clearance isn't an issue. also have studs on em.
    I drove a TDi all over the north ...you don't need the new laramie wit the hairide and shit lik dat eh?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

We filmed some of the latest episode of Salomon Freeski TV (Ghost Town - out today) in and around Barkerville. The touring options and snow quality were both better than I expected.
    - Mike D

Wurd... but don't tell no one.

Did an early season tour up Jubilee on the weekend... still a few... quite a few sharks lurking and a williow aspen shit fuck if you don't take the short cut. Fun was had and Troll looks pretty good. Wind effects might be an issue... on some slopes.
    I don't work and I don't save, desperate women pay my way.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose Pit View Post
    Wurd... but don't tell no one.

Did an early season tour up Jubilee on the weekend... still a few... quite a few sharks lurking and a williow aspen shit fuck if you don't take the short cut. Fun was had and Troll looks pretty good. Wind effects might be an issue... on some slopes.
    the ladyfriend was in town this past weekend, so we took a cruise up to the wells area on sunday to see how snowy things were. a tonne of trucks/trailers parked at the barkerville lot. i thought i'd see a handful, but there must've been 15 or 20 trucks up there. i guess if it's that busy already that by midwinter, it'll be a zoo out that far!

also took a quick 5 or 10 minute scramble up the snowshoe track on what i think was yellowhawk trail? didn't check the sign too closely. also didn't want to tromp up the established skin track on jubilee. was excited to see 4 or 5 cars in the parking lot @ jubilee though!

also randomly came across 9 or 10 young, healthy looking caribou blocking the highway on the drive back...assuming they were scouring for salt. had never seen such a big group before. it was cool.

i dig it out there. i'm sure i'll spend most weekends out that way come january/february.
    Last edited by jeffro83; 11-26-2013 at 11:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikedski View Post
    We filmed some of the latest episode of Salomon Freeski TV (Ghost Town - out today) in and around Barkerville. The touring options and snow quality were both better than I expected.
    - Mike D
    cool episode, i had seen that segment without seeing you post about it here; didn't realize it was barkerville.

also....next time you're in this neck of the woods, let me buy you beer in exchange for tows up via sled

We had a snowshoer in our group, the skin track was solid and on the Jubilee/yellowhawk I don't think anyone shits bricks over skin tracks (leave that for the Rogers pass crowd) especially since it is pretty much mine grade the whole way up.

Sled traffic does get kinda heavy but like everything the majority of the herd never venture too far from established tracks (and there are a bunch of areas closed to sleds - not skiers which is kinda nice if you don't feel like being in a bowl full of sled tracks).

Good to hear the 'bou are still popping up, I have seen them on the road just before dropping down to Wells a few times.
    I don't work and I don't save, desperate women pay my way.

Quote Originally Posted by mikedski View Post
    - Mike D
    Filmed lots in Sandon as well
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Caucasian Asian View Post
    Filmed lots in Sandon as well
    Thought I recognized that... just behind Retallack's tenure.

You got any skiing in yet? Im pretty new to PG, dont have much out of bounds experience. But ive got a bunch of resort days in so far and slowly piecing together a touring set up

Quote Originally Posted by skiersteve View Post
    You got any skiing in yet? Im pretty new to PG, dont have much out of bounds experience. But ive got a bunch of resort days in so far and slowly piecing together a touring set up
    not sure if you were asking me, or any of these other guys somewhat within the PG region...

i've been up to troll once, last weekend. was a surprisingly epic powder day...heard the day after was even better. however, the lower angle terrain makes it tough to even make it down when they do get puked on. i'm told that the touring past troll, closer to wells has a lot of steeper stuff, but most is sled accessed. a buddy of mine here recently bought his old man's sled; an older summit 600, so he's got a bit of access (i plan to tag along for these treks, obviously). this buddy of mine went up for his first tour of the season the day after we rode troll. "devil's canyon" last sunday was apparently one of the better days he's had riding in a while. waist deep blower pow faceshots all day, so he claims. it's also been pretty snowy this season, at least up until then. i haven't toured in this area yet, but i'd guess with the lack of snow recently, along with a couple days of having really warm temps this past week...the snow around troll, anyway...ain't primo. might be better up towards wells/barkerville. not sure of the elevation difference up that far though. we need some more fresh.

i also hope to make it out to jubilee or yellowhawk every other week or so after i'm done my big exam at the end of this month....actually heading up to powder king on the 31st for the weekend. stoked.

^^^Sounds like you are managing to piece together something of a ski season. How's the morale? Missing the Koots much?

Quote Originally Posted by Angle Parking View Post
    ^^^Sounds like you are managing to piece together something of a ski season. How's the morale? Missing the Koots much?
    to be honest, i'm so slammed with school work that i haven't had time to think about skiing much. missing the koots entirely....but their snow (at least in the rossland range) is crap compared to what's up here.

i was home for just over 2 weeks. about 5-7cm fell (total) when i was home, and it had been dry for nearly 3 weeks before i got there. would have been alright if they at least had a base. not so much, however...gross. they got about 60cm over 5 or 6 days right after i left, and riding sounded great, but they've also been dry and warm for over a week now too. i shredded up my bases pretty good at kootenay pass and inbounds at the resort. my last skiing day there was a tour up a local mountain not far from the hill. it was the apocalypse and a 100km/hr windblown wreck of a day, rock landmine survival skiing. no fun.

needless to say, i'll make it work up here this season for sure....provided we get some more snow!
    Last edited by jeffro83; 01-20-2014 at 07:39 PM.

Don't mean to pry but what are you studying in Quesnel?

Quote Originally Posted by Angle Parking View Post
    Don't mean to pry but what are you studying in Quesnel?
    how dare you ask such a question!!

4th class power engineering (10 month course). at 30yrs old balls, it's weird sharing the classroom with mostly 18yr old kids. i'm gettin' er done though.