Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 49 50 51 52 53 54
Results 1,326 to 1,335 of 1335
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9101.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	734.4 KB 
ID:	490850

A taste of spring this weekend - only went up to about 10k but good conditions if timed right. Saw a few people going up past red banks as I was booting up in Bunny Flat but didn't hear if anyone made it up.

Just noticed that the hiway to the Lassen visitors center is closed at the S NP border. Anyone know the story?
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

that’s always the winter closure
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Here?s a pic to explain. When you met us to ski, we drove to the visitors center. However as of a few days ago the hiway was closed from the park border (I?ve drawn it in purple). Today however it?s reverted to the normal winter opening, ie is open to the visitors center.

Edit: TGr is screwed up today and won?t let me post a pic. Anyway I?m glad things are back to normal and hiway is open to visitors center again rather than just to park boundary.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Shasta on Thursday 4.18 via Avi Gulch. Hard freeze night prior, stayed frozen/firm to ~3:00 p.m. at ~13,000 ft. Although Red Banks were rimed up, slight wind and cold meant no ice-balls raining down on the ascent. Stacked snow pack and smooth surfaces from the trailhead. Shimering corn harvesting below 11,500. A+ conditions. Will try to post a picture later.

Sick

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Energy View Post
    Shasta on Thursday 4.18 via Avi Gulch. Hard freeze night prior, stayed frozen/firm to ~3:00 p.m. at ~13,000 ft. Although Red Banks were rimed up, slight wind and cold meant no ice-balls raining down on the ascent. Stacked snow pack and smooth surfaces from the trailhead. Shimering corn harvesting below 11,500. A+ conditions. Will try to post a picture later.
    Congratulations that's a great time. Jack kuenzle steal your user name? Strong effort.
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    Congratulations that's a great time. Jack kuenzle steal your user name? Strong effort.
    Ha. 4.18 was the date. I was 9 + hours on the up. Although some of the best skinning conditions I have encountered on Shasta in a long time [smooth, frozen, slight wind, etc.,], I likely suffered significantly more than Mr. Kuenzle.

Glad you cleared that up. Was questioning my self worth. Still good effort
    off your knees Louie

Confirming the sweet spring conditions. Several long time locals claiming best corn in years. Just sayin since I can’t post any pics.

Although more storms on the way this week…

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums