Page 1293 of 1852 FirstFirst ... 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 ... LastLast
Results 32,301 to 32,325 of 46293
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    yeah, but there's no real reason to go anywhere but my local one. I'm not annoyed by the local office, I am just annoyed that I have to go to an office.
    It was probably the most regulated experience that I've had throughout this whole thing, if that make you feel any better. I got the first appointment of the day, they check temp and ask questions before letting you in, one person at a time, distanced, plexiglass glass, etc.

The location part was suggesting that you can go to an office in a less populated area and maybe have less to worry about. Or not.

Just discovered that my license expired on my birthday. And my pic is too old for online renewal; I have to make an appointment and go in to the office for a new one. Pray for me.
    My license expires in a month, got the paperwork for renewal in the mail, it requires proof of legal residence. I applied to lift the conditions on my temporary green card 2 months ago, the processing times are in the neighborhood of a year right for reasons that shall not be brought up (hint: the color of the reason is orange). I have a receipt from USCIS that is basically an extension of the current green card while they process the new one, it's valid for EVERYTHING, traveling, ID, you name it. Except for driver's license renewal. Can't wait to carry a fucking passport around for 10 months.

[/dumbforeignerrant]
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Just discovered that my license expired on my birthday. And my pic is too old for online renewal; I have to make an appointment and go in to the office for a new one. Pray for me.
    Further up in this thread I posted the same thing, except for the extra addition that my local DMV (which isn't even in the county) has shut down in-person appointments. I e-mailed them about it, and not even an auto-reply. No one picks up the phone either.

So I donate a considerable amount of time like four hours with a chainsaw and pruner to an elderly dude who had a tree emergency and clearly not a lot of money. He paid for one I gave him five.
    End up dropping a $60 pocket knife in the process.

I had to do the whole Real ID thing to renew my license back in the spring, what an ordeal. I had to get a certified copy of my birth certificate from the city of Boston which was a hassle because I was in Maryland. Then I had to go to the actual social security office and wait with like 200 other lost souls for hours to get a physical soc sec card because I don't get a w2, then deal with the shitshow at dmv where it was the same story, hours with a crowd. This was in early March, covid was ramping up, I was limping around on a new hip, I was not cheerful about it at all.

Screwed up my tax return this year and had to file an amended return. Sent it off end of June. IRS received it July 6. They still haven't processed it.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Screwed up my tax return this year and had to file an amended return. Sent it off end of June. IRS received it July 6. They still haven't processed it.
    Me too. Also, forgot my birth certificate and Social Security card when I renewed my driver's license in May so I get to go to the DMV a second time in the future. I'm a moron.

both
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

You guys still have your original SS cards? Mine is vanished in the mists of time.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    You guys still have your original SS cards? Mine is vanished in the mists of time.
    Amazingly I do.

Something that's um, stupid, is that you invalidate your SS card by laminating it. wtf sense does that make?

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Amazingly I do.
    I do to. And I have my first snowboard, and my first ‘real’ guitar...
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

...your first rubber, still unused...

Something that's um, stupid, is that you invalidate your SS card by laminating it. wtf sense does that make?
    It makes it difficult to detect forgeries?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I do to. And I have my first snowboard, and my first ‘real’ guitar...
    wish i had my first snowboard still - burton elite 150

Mine is a first year ‘back hill’. I got it in ‘81, I think?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    It makes it difficult to detect forgeries?
    Has to be the easiest government-issued ID card to forge, ever, in the world. That's the excuse they give, yes, but it's complete bullshit. It's basically to keep the bureaucracy healthy is all I can figure.

Has to be the easiest government-issued ID card to forge, ever, in the world.
    Maybe not

https://secure.ssa.gov/apps10/poms.nsf/lnx/0110201060

At least it doesn't require a password, so there is that.

That reg is from '83 my man. We're a little past that now. Printing is something I'm very familiar with, and trust me, not letting people laminate their cards is moronic.

That reg is from '83 my man. We're a little past that now. Printing is something I'm very familiar with, and trust me, not letting people laminate their cards is moronic.
    Maybe not easiest ever, in the world though.

US SS card printed on paper or something? I still have my SS card from the early 80's, and it's plastic. All the govt red colour has largely disappeared, but the numbers are raised like a cc. I've never used it as ID though, except enter the number in financial or govt forms. Birth Certificate is paper though, and not allowed to be laminated... maybe the same old BS you are having.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    So I donate a considerable amount of time like four hours with a chainsaw and pruner to an elderly dude who had a tree emergency and clearly not a lot of money. He paid for one I gave him five.
    End up dropping a $60 pocket knife in the process.
    No good deed goes unpunished. That annoys me.

I'm surprised your DMV hasn't postponed the need to come in to have a picture taken. California is letting everyone, even old people who normally have to renew in person, renew on line

...your first rubber, still unused...
    I laminated mine

Your first covid mask left in my parking lot, trail, etc. sorta like the proverbial Coney Island whitefish but way sicker.

Also the deletion of the SAR guy thread. Weak sauce.