Page 1823 of 1852 FirstFirst ... 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 ... LastLast
Results 45,551 to 45,575 of 46299
    Waiting for a Mag and fam in Williston for two hours so far.
    Annoyed with border delays

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Williston, VT is a border town these days, eh? Maybe that's why when I was a kid I was able to get CHOM on the radio. Who knew?

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Gambled and lost trying to cross back via Alburgh this afternoon. Made it to a few cars away when they shut it down as scheduled at 4pm. Not sure why some cars were there for 10 minutes. Looped back through Champlain where it took all of 30 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    Gambled and lost trying to cross back via Alburgh this afternoon. Made it to a few cars away when they shut it down as scheduled at 4pm. Not sure why some cars were there for 10 minutes. Looped back through Champlain where it took all of 30 seconds.
    Alburgh or Alburgh Springs?

Alburgh Springs. Annoying that they were taking so long with cars. Also annoyed at myself for taking an Apple Maps suggested route, I should know better. At least I was right and it was a nice relaxing drive through the islands back to Burlington once we got over the border.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Williston, VT is a border town these days, eh? Maybe that's why when I was a kid I was able to get CHOM on the radio. Who knew?
    I was waiting at Folinos whilst they waited at the border, at least I has Fiddlehead available
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    Alburgh Springs. Annoying that they were taking so long with cars. Also annoyed at myself for taking an Apple Maps suggested route, I should know better. At least I was right and it was a nice relaxing drive through the islands back to Burlington once we got over the border.
    Ya, the Springs crossing is a trap. Google took me there last summer, long after it had closed. The other one which comes out on VT 225 is clutch. I've used it sometimes in the other direction too. It puts the airport at about 70 minutes from my house. If you don't get stuck behind a farm tractor. Either way, Google is not always trustworthy.

Feels like I can’t park within a 1/4 mile of the entrance a Lowes/Home Depot. They’ve got rows and rows for handicapped, veterans, pregnant moms, curbside pickup, “Pro Parking”.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Just park in the Pro parking. Ive seen parking for electric cars only (that do not have charging stations) in some parking lots. I understand the handicapped parking and hopefully I'll never have to use it but all of the other ones are fair game. I like to jam my old '77 F-250 into the electric car only spots whenever I can. Fuck 'em.

The walk ain’t bad, either. You could also just accept the exercise as the gift that it is.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Ya, the Springs crossing is a trap. Google took me there last summer, long after it had closed. The other one which comes out on VT 225 is clutch. I've used it sometimes in the other direction too. It puts the airport at about 70 minutes from my house. If you don't get stuck behind a farm tractor. Either way, Google is not always trustworthy.
    Fond memories of crossing from Quebec into Vermont in the 70s in a VW bug. They searched us for a couple of hours--took the seats out of the car, went through our bags. We had nothing to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    The walk ain’t bad, either. You could also just accept the exercise as the gift that it is.
    I generally park in the outer reaches of parking lots as soon as possible after I turn in. Driving through parking lots is annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by halliday View Post
    Just park in the Pro parking. Ive seen parking for electric cars only (that do not have charging stations) in some parking lots. I understand the handicapped parking and hopefully I'll never have to use it but all of the other ones are fair game. I like to jam my old '77 F-250 into the electric car only spots whenever I can. Fuck 'em.
    douche

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Fond memories of crossing from Quebec into Vermont in the 70s in a VW bug. They searched us for a couple of hours--took the seats out of the car, went through our bags. We had nothing to hide.
    Ha! They took the inside of my Datsun apart in January 1985. The US customs moron only had 1 arm so it took him 2 hours to take out my driver's seat. After about 3 hours another car pulled up around 5am, he looked at me and said "You need to go now". I put the car in neutral and pushed it into a spot, locked it and started to hitch a ride to a town to get tools when he said I had to leave the border area before sticking my thumb out

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    douche
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Feels like I can’t park within a 1/4 mile of the entrance a Lowes/Home Depot. They’ve got rows and rows for handicapped, veterans, pregnant moms, curbside pickup, “Pro Parking”.
    And don't forget the security camera trailers these retailers all use now that also take up prime parking spots

You guys know anyone can sign up for Home Depot's "Pro" program right?

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    This.
    Agree.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Tell me you're white trash without telling me you're white trash.

I like to jam my old '77 F-250 into the electric car only spots whenever I can. Fuck 'em.
    Ignore all the name-calling and answer this please…. This behavior here fascinates me even as it infuriates me….

WHY?
    focus.

Ignore all the name-calling and answer this please…. This behavior here fascinates me even as it infuriates me….

WHY?
    I just don't think a special kind of vehicle deserves its own parking area. Is it right? Wrong? A handicapped vehicle? Sure. Pregnant mom parking? Sure. Electric vehicle parking with no charging stations? No. This seems to have pissed a few people off.

This seems to have triggered a few people.
    FIFY

The original intention of the ‘e-Car’ close in and free parking was to help change the culture of fossil fuel use in the U.S., and possibly present attractive advantages, however small. Also to help the F250 crowd accept that they are dinosaurs, and headed for extinction.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

The truck is truly a dinosaur. A well preserved dinosaur and not a daily driver but fun to ride around in. I get the e-car thing. I understand the "perks" that places throw at the e-car crowd. But still, I don't think there should be special parking for a certain kind of vehicle unless it's a bus or a motorcycle or something like that.

Shit that annoys you

I don't think there should be special parking for a certain kind of vehicle unless it's a bus or a motorcycle or something like that.
    Why? Why a motorcycle and not an electric car? Why do you get to decide what vehicles get to park where? How is that any different at all?
    focus.

Why? Why a motorcycle and not an electric car?
    Motorcycles take up less space and require a different line striping dimension. As do busses and the like. They are dimensionally different. An electric car is not.