Page 1847 of 1856 FirstFirst ... 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 ... LastLast
Results 46,151 to 46,175 of 46381
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Perpetual road construction annoys me. In Reno they spent years rebuilding 395 near I80, and a year after the finished it the started over. And after they finished that in a few more years they tore up the airport, which is about the only place I go in Reno.

In Sacramento US50 has been torn up east of Bus 80 for at least 5 years with no end in sight, and then a couple of years ago they tore up the WX section, just for the hell of it, also with no end in sight. And on Bus80 just north of there they've been adding lanes with a bridge over the American River for years and nowhere near done. Just about the only place I can go in Sac without running into construction is my favorite sandwich places, and only because I can walk there.

Caltrans spent years rebuilding the mountain section of I80--the deeply rutted 1950's concrete was way overdue for replacement, but within a few years the right hand lane was more rutted than the old pavement ever was. And every year they're working on it again, fixing the stuff they fucked up.

Our son spent 4 years in Milwaukee in school. The freeways were torn up when he got there and were torn up when he left.

Of course all these examples pale besides the Big Dig in Boston. Fortunately that was over before our kid wound up there.
    I do believe the perpetual road construction is ENTIRELY on purpose. Lines the pockets of the fatcats in the good ol' boy's club. See: Michael Douglas' excellent rant in Falling Down...

That scene resonated with me. Great film. So cathartic.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    I do believe the perpetual road construction is ENTIRELY on purpose. Lines the pockets of the fatcats in the good ol' boy's club. See: Michael Douglas' excellent rant in Falling Down...

That scene resonated with me. Great film. So cathartic.
    I do appreciate your ability to turn *everything* into a conspiracy.

I bought a low priced Milwaukee Packout off of eBay and just received a package from Home Depot with a smaller sized Packout box in it. Since I didn't receive a tracking # I can't dispute this with eBay so just had to go straight to my Visa card to dispute the transaction. Fucking scammer POSs and fucking eBay letting these scum bags trawl their website.

And maybe I'm an idiot for buying the cheapest option I could find on the internets.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    water heater shit the bed this morning
    Why is your water heater in your bed?
    . . .

Why is evo so slow to ship? I know i shouldn't be bitching about free shipping but I ordered on 4/8 and tracker finally says the shipment's been accepted...5 days later on 4/13. Now scheduled arrival is 4/18 when I was expecting delivery 4/12-4/15. Sad how I can order and get stuff from euroland faster than this.

Quote Originally Posted by priapism View Post
    Why is evo so slow to ship? I know i shouldn't be bitching about free shipping but I ordered on 4/8 and tracker finally says the shipment's been accepted...5 days later on 4/13. Now scheduled arrival is 4/18 when I was expecting delivery 4/12-4/15. Sad how I can order and get stuff from euroland faster than this.
    Wrong forum Jong!
    But yea, online retailers taking 3-4 days to actually put the thing in the bag and ship it is annoying. And getting a “your item has been shipped” notification when all they did was print a label is just salt in the wound. I’ve received my Amazon package before the Not-Amazon shop has even pulled the same item off their shelf.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by priapism View Post
    Free shipping is fairly standard, as is getting the item on its way within a business day. Which makes it fair game to bitch, IMO. The e-commerce world has taken a really noticeable step back in recent years.
    focus.

Pharmacies and Rx insurance annoy me. Filling a generic prescription for below the $20 copay, and the entire system comes to a halt. If you’re filling two Rx and the first is below $20 ($12) and the second is above $20 ($30), it is simply not worth the effort of saving the $10.

Surely they see this sort of thing often?
    focus.

People who use scissors to open chip and cereal bags.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    Climate change deniers should be in the same boat as the flat earthers, ridiculed for stupidity.

Chip and cereal bags that won't open at the seam at the top no matter how hard I pull, forcing me to use my scissors. FTS.

Some bags suck to open. Just don't go chopping across the top like Edward Scissorhands putting plastic shards in my chips. Ya heard.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrap_rage

It’s not that we are getting old and weak (we are), it’s this modern world.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyg82 View Post
    That’s annoying? You give a fuck about that?

Gotta be a wife thing using his good scissors. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Chip and cereal bags that won't open at the seam at the top no matter how hard I pull, forcing me to use my scissors. FTS.
    Can't we all just get along?

Just how long are you planning on keeping these bags?
    Snax are made for eatin', yo!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

My wife does the scissors thing, but only just the little corner at the top. I suppose it's big enough for her to reach in with her little hands but not my big meat paws, so I tip the whole top off

A lot of meat and fish now comes sealed with zero air space, which is great for quality but tough to open without cutting into the food.

The worst is when a package is supposedly designed to be easy to open--like the Coscto smoked salmon I opened yesterday--but the execution failed. So you spend time trying to open it the "easy" way and getting frustrated instead of just getting a scissors, saw or axe.

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Cereal still not coming in ziplock bags. Why is Big Cereal ignoring this obvious improvement?!

I ordered the forward lean part for my ZGTP from Raide last week when they finally came back into stock. This morning UPS finally admitted that the package was lost and I should start a claim, they said to expect a check in about 10 days for the value of the item. I go back to Raide to re-order the part and of course they are out of stock again. Now I have to wait for them to have enough interest for them to do another run.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Cereal still not coming in ziplock bags. Why is Big Cereal ignoring this obvious improvement?!
    Most of the "cheap" cereal that *just* comes in a bag with no box has zip closures. Reward those companies.

"Rehab" shows where people rehab old houses by gutting them to the studs. Why don't those assholes just buy a tract house with some nice gray lvp?

Quote Originally Posted by dannynoonan View Post
    My wife does the scissors thing, but only just the little corner at the top. I suppose it's big enough for her to reach in with her little hands but not my big meat paws, so I tip the whole top off
    People that eat chips out of the bag with their hands are annoying. Pour some in a bowl. The exception is driving by yourself, go for it. Keep your gross fingers out of the bag.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    People that eat chips out of the bag with their hands are annoying. Pour some in a bowl. The exception is driving by yourself, go for it. Keep your gross fingers out of the bag.

Lettuce in the bottom of the guacamole bowl should be outlawed.