Page 1827 of 1852 FirstFirst ... 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 ... LastLast
Results 45,651 to 45,675 of 46299
    Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Another factor is that some commercial building permits require a minimum number of parking spaces. So the owners make the spaces smaller to fit the required number of spaces in a smaller lot or parking garage.
    Folks might be shocked at the parking stall dimension requirements from town to town. I design sites for a large commercial client we have all heard of all across the west and 2 towns side by side can have min stall dimensions of (8'x14') and the other (10'x21'). Its also wild how different the number of required stalls can be- for the same exact building and use it can be 12 stalls up to 42 stalls. Not to mention driveaisle widths, compact stalls, etc. Its all over the place, being rural, urban, suburban has no bearing from what ive seen... the only known is the number of ADA stalls required- because thats federal code.

Also, parking garages are fucking nightmares and i have warned, in writing, clients that the architects design will not accomodate anything larger than a sedan...and then they dont and jurisdictions get pissed at all the public complaints. The problem is that parking stalls are incredibly valuable in those big urban buildings' parking garages (as it allows more units to be built) so they get crammed in wherever juuuuuust barely fits. Its all about that $$$.

Same architects designed the parking decks under the Rideau Center in Ottawa. Fucking top of the class, those geniuses.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post

Ha! Not even sort of. I have a few brush piles that just grow...
    Wow, that's fucking ridiculous in this day and age.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Folks might be shocked at the parking stall dimension requirements from town to town. I design sites for a large commercial client we have all heard of all across the west and 2 towns side by side can have min stall dimensions of (8'x14') and the other (10'x21'). Its also wild how different the number of required stalls can be- for the same exact building and use it can be 12 stalls up to 42 stalls. Not to mention driveaisle widths, compact stalls, etc. Its all over the place, being rural, urban, suburban has no bearing from what ive seen... the only known is the number of ADA stalls required- because thats federal code.

Also, parking garages are fucking nightmares and i have warned, in writing, clients that the architects design will not accomodate anything larger than a sedan...and then they dont and jurisdictions get pissed at all the public complaints. The problem is that parking stalls are incredibly valuable in those big urban buildings' parking garages (as it allows more units to be built) so they get crammed in wherever juuuuuust barely fits. Its all about that $$$.
    Well, it wouldn't be THAT big of a deal to begin with if more people drove non-behemoths. Whenever I go downtown, or anywhere else that parking might be tight, I bring my little hatchback. Fits a family of 4 just fine. I always get a chuckle out of people squeeeeeeezing their Tahoes through the parking garages, clearing the roof by mere inches and struggling to park at all. I see a tiny spot and I'm like "I'll take that!" Especially satisfying when parallel parking in spots where trucks/SUVs fear to tread.

Whip on in there like:

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    I may start a side business and teach men who to park their big trucks in parking lots. Maybe I'll market to their wives on IG and get their husbands to sign up. Because it's annoying waiting for these ding dongs to figure out how to park in a simple rectangle every time I go to Home Depot. For an air filter or a couple brushes. Don't modern trucks have cameras everywhere to help these dudes out - I don't get it.
    Easily my favorite commercial of all time.

https://youtu.be/6v8z52HN3JM?si=r7q9eQdyxoMtZJGe

Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Even here in Big Bad JH, I always try and drive wifeys little escape. So much easier.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post

Also, parking garages are fucking nightmares and i have warned, in writing, clients that the architects design will not accomodate anything larger than a sedan...and then they dont and jurisdictions get pissed at all the public complaints. The problem is that parking stalls are incredibly valuable in those big urban buildings' parking garages (as it allows more units to be built) so they get crammed in wherever juuuuuust barely fits. It's all about that $$$.
    "Level of service"

Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    My go-to for leg injuries or exhaustion is to get my butt within 6-8" of the wall and place my legs straight up the wall. Maximum elevation. Many times, I can feel the blood thumping and moving down to my core. 10 minutes minimum.
    The best way to reduce swelling in the legs is to walk, or if you can't, to actively flex the ankle up and down. Actively means using your calf muscles. There's a big group of big veins in the calf muscles (soleus plexus) with one way valves so when you use the calf muscles they act like a pump and squeeze blood and fluid towards the heart. When not actively using those muscles elevate, obviously.

Being told that I need a total shoulder replacement two months after having a ‘repair’ of a previous surgery is annoying me.

Whoa that really sucks more than annoys. Vibes man

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Being told that I need a total shoulder replacement two months after having a ‘repair’ of a previous surgery is annoying me.
    Damn sorry to hear. You have had a run so hopefully this will make you bionic
    skid luxury

I’m still gonna shred Lithium by September!
    In other news, 100% gridlock from the Village to Wilson Bridge.
    Worse than any traffic in San José, C.R. For the last month!

It’s gonna suck until they do the repair on the bridge etc. and it’ll probably suck after.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1709776968.672554.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	252.1 KB 
ID:	489613

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Aw man! I don't know ya but from what I've seen on the TRG you've had a helluva string of shitty luck. I hope things turn around for ya!!!

Thanks, man! I’m still a very positive person, in general. Could be way worse.
    At this point it ain’t even complaining, it’s just “Get a load of this, guys…what’s next?”

It is great to be home, though!

Dude... We're gonna change your name from Rideit to Watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Wow, that's fucking ridiculous in this day and age.
    When your town sits in the middle of the NYC watershed and every watercourse drains into a reservoir there are onerous restrictions. NYC sued my town to get rid of the recycling drop and they won. That was ~10 years after they forced us to shut down the brush dump that was there for 80 years. We've always had to pay for garbage pickup and if it doesn't fit in the can you have to get a dumpster or take it to a metal recycler (and those are all more than 20 miles away).

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The best way to reduce swelling in the legs is to walk, or if you can't, to actively flex the ankle up and down. Actively means using your calf muscles. There's a big group of big veins in the calf muscles (soleus plexus) with one way valves so when you use the calf muscles they act like a pump and squeeze blood and fluid towards the heart. When not actively using those muscles elevate, obviously.
    Tiger balm, icy hot, leg up on the wall, compression bandage, have all been working well. Read this last night and went out for a 5km walk and guess what - the swelling is like 80% gone. I swear there was a moment around km #4 where I could feel mobility return and things sort of loosen up. This morning, I can see my ankle again! Now it'll just be a matter of ignoring soreness while I ski but that's easy.

You should consider a career in the medical industry...

Buttahflake cunting up the Euro BBI thread with his pettiness and jealousy is really annoying

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Well, it wouldn't be THAT big of a deal to begin with if more people drove non-behemoths. Whenever I go downtown, or anywhere else that parking might be tight, I bring my little hatchback. Fits a family of 4 just fine. I always get a chuckle out of people squeeeeeeezing their Tahoes through the parking garages, clearing the roof by mere inches and struggling to park at all. I see a tiny spot and I'm like "I'll take that!" Especially satisfying when parallel parking in spots where trucks/SUVs fear to tread.

Whip on in there like:
    I wonder how many they wrecked before they got that shot. There's a lot of rubber on the concrete.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post

Family that lived down the street rented another neighbors garage for their motor boat. The neighborhood as late 1920's, the driveways are very narrow and the houses very close together with detached garages in the back. The entertainment on weekends was listening to the dad, with his huge booming voice, instucting teenage son as the kid tried to back the boat into the garage It was good for at least a half hour. But I got to hand it to both father and son--neither ever lost their cool.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Tiger balm, icy hot, leg up on the wall, compression bandage, have all been working well. Read this last night and went out for a 5km walk and guess what - the swelling is like 80% gone. I swear there was a moment around km #4 where I could feel mobility return and things sort of loosen up. This morning, I can see my ankle again! Now it'll just be a matter of ignoring soreness while I ski but that's easy.

Been there done that. I'm going skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post

Whip on in there like:
    I wonder how many they wrecked before they got that shot. There's a lot of rubber on the concrete.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post

Family that lived down the street rented another neighbors garage for their motor boat. The neighborhood as late 1920's, the driveways are very narrow and the houses very close together with detached garages in the back. The entertainment on weekends was listening to the dad, with his huge booming voice, instucting teenage son as the kid tried to back the boat into the garage It was good for at least a half hour. But I got to hand it to both father and son--neither ever lost their cool.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post

Been there done that. I'm going skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Buttahflake cunting up the Euro BBI thread with his pettiness and jealousy is really annoying

Thanks for the heads up. I'll go check it out. I love a good catfight.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

dude don’t mock groundskeeper small Willy his brother once wrote an article for SKI magazine

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    If it were me, I'd practice with trash cans until I was pretty damn confident and then park the other cars and do it one more time. That might explain the amount of rubber.

I mean, it’s such an odd thing to be so upset about somebody else’s happiness. That dude’s always had some serious problems.

^
    Jealousy Venom... worse than high beams coming over an off camber hill - fn clueless.

just wanna let him take his best shotz and then bitch slap him to the ground and take out a choice tendon and watch him writhe.

I saw it and chose to ignore.
    Not Gonna waste 1 letter of the alphabet being triggered by a kumquat

Some deep-seated hate and the very definition of antistoke
    ​I am not in your hurry