Page 1678 of 1853 FirstFirst ... 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 ... LastLast
Results 41,926 to 41,950 of 46306
    “Anywhere” is also relative. Plenty of mechanics live in the middle of nowhere.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    OG, I’ll be happy to trade our current grader with yours any day and you can report back. I’ve lived w Tahoe berms for 20 years. This is next level assholery. And not just driveways. His loop ends up e leaving half of the street intersections bermed out too. He is most likely new because he clearly can’t drive the plow. Whining will continue until further notice
    Be careful what you wish for. Our road is plowed by catrans, which means they come by mulitpe times per day, so no matter when the driveway is cleared I will get bermed, and often by refrozen slush. Because it's a wide road the berms are bigger. And the other day the rotary cutting the banks misaimed and a huge pile of slush landed in the driveway. I cleared what I could manage and the rest frozen solid for weeks. I accept it as the cost of being able to get where I need to be going once I can get out of the driveway. So should yu. Be grateful you don't have a guy so careful and snow that your road isn't plowed for 3 days after a storm. Lot's of folks around here are in that boat and would gladly switch with you.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Be careful what you wish for. Our road is plowed by catrans...
    Name:  FppROhzX0AAtcMt.jpeg
Views: 437
Size:  48.8 KB

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Getting up at five am, driving to a ski race, and having it get cancelled after I get my boots on but before coaches head up the lift.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    “Anywhere” is also relative. Plenty of mechanics live in the middle of nowhere.
    This. From my broken Spanish I figured he didn’t work for Avis but was contracted with them and lived at a one of the nearby ranches.

People who bring dogs into the grocery store....and either don't notice or pretend not to notice when it drops turds all down the aisle. He did go back and pick them up once someone pointed out to him what was going on. But still, it was fucking gross.

That shit annoyed you.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    People who bring dogs into the grocery store....and either don't notice or pretend not to notice when it drops turds all down the aisle. He did go back and pick them up once someone pointed out to him what was going on. But still, it was fucking gross.
    I witnessed this in an airport recently. Douche actually started arguing with whomever pointed it out that it was already there, and that the airport was gross. I witnessed it happen. The only odd factor is that the person was obviously mentally deficient, unless they were trying to pull a David Cross/Donny move.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

When my ex wife leaves town for a few days, she doesn’t board her dogs. She has my daughter and others let them out when they can. Which means they get let out a couple times a day for a 2-3 day stretch, and spend the rest of the time in crates. It’s bullshit that I feel obligated to help manage this.
    Beautiful powder day at the local bump on Sat, made it for first chair. Wind blown creamy pow transformed to blue bird cruddy goodness in early afternoon…. Until my daughter called because she got her car stuck on her way to go let her mom’s dogs out……

….and I lost half a day of skiing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1680523634.591493.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	140.8 KB 
ID:	454219
    focus.

Beautiful powder day at the local bump on Sat, made it for first chair. Wind blown creamy pow transformed to blue bird cruddy goodness in early afternoon…. Until my daughter called because she got her car stuck on her way to go let her mom’s dogs out……

….and I lost half a day of skiing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1680523634.591493.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	140.8 KB 
ID:	454219
    Sorry. But I did laugh at your post, well done
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

gotta set boundaries

there are some things you’ve just got to separate yourself from

ex-wife’s dogs and everything associated with it seems like maybe one of those things

“oh you got your car stuck? get it unstuck. sorry, that’s not part of my movie.”
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    gotta set boundaries

there are some things you’ve just got to separate yourself from

ex-wife’s dogs and everything associated with it seems like maybe one of those things

“oh you got your car stuck? get it unstuck. sorry, that’s not part of my movie.”
    Stuck car was my daughter, not my ex, who was executing my ex’s borderline inhumane care plan for her dogs while she was out of town Wednesday to today.
    focus.

yes I understand that

still - not your problem

yes I understand that

still - not your problem

I love telling my daughter to fuck off when she needs help

Shit that annoys you

yes I understand that

still - not your problem
    Ah, sure. Gonna have to disagree with you there. Those little bastards are always my problem, I don’t care if she got her mom’s car stuck in her mom’s driveway while delivering takeout to her mom on Mother’s Day. If she needs help I’m there. And I’m grateful for that. Except I (and my son) did miss that half a day skiing.
    focus.

Ah, sure. Gonna have to disagree with you there. Those little bastards are always my problem, I don’t care if she got her mom’s car stuck in her mom’s driveway while delivering takeout to her mom on Mother’s Day. If she needs help I’m there. And I’m grateful for that. Except I (and my son) did miss that half a day skiing.
    How’s your resting bitch face?

I think Paltrow has you beat.

I’m not saying don’t help your kid. I’m not saying tell the kid to fuck off.

I’m saying set your boundaries. If that’s well within your boundaries then cool go for it.

I’m just not picking up the pieces of my ex-wife’s bullshit, and I don’t expect my son to either.

If my kid got his car stuck dealing with his mom’s or her husband’s bullshit, he wouldn’t call me.

I guess it’s probably different with girls.

If my son got his car stuck (in the snow, I’m assuming) he would use the shovel he has in there and the chains he has in there and he would get fucking unstuck. He doesn’t need his daddy to rescue him usually. If he REALLY couldn’t get it out he’d call me and tell me he needs help and I’d be there.

Shit that annoys you

I mostly agree, and my daughter worked on it for half an hour with no progress before calling me.

My options here, generally, were to either fight that battle through the kids and/or let the poor dogs suffer. The message has been passed on that this was Not Cool and plz don’t do that again. She’ll cook up some fresh bullshit for next time or double down on a fresh Pyrrhic victory. She knows, when the chips are down, that I’ll blink every time when my kids are involved or if some person’s (or dog’s) suffering is at stake. That’s ok. I’ll win the war, she can have the battles.

The kids are starting to see it, and that’s a little bit of a relief and a lot sad.

Note that this threads directly to my snowplow bitch earlier, but I mostly came here for the “I lost half a day of skiing” line.
    focus.

my kid is seeing the bullshit

it’s sad and it’s not

That’s ok. I’ll win the war, she can have the battles.
    Words to live by.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Grocery shopping in the morning annoys me. I always think it will be a good time to shop (low crowds), but every time I am reminded that is when they are stocking all teh shelves, and there are pallets and workers everywhere, blocking everything.

peasants

peasants everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Grocery shopping in the morning annoys me. I always think it will be a good time to shop (low crowds), but every time I am reminded that is when they are stocking all teh shelves, and there are pallets and workers everywhere, blocking everything.
    And old people don’t forget all the seniors who just don’t give a fuck anymore and have lost all common courtesy in their old age.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Sunday, mid-morning is pretty good where I shop.