Faction 3. Zero 183 mounting sugestions

Just got some 2012-13 183 Faction Zeros. Im 5,11ft 225lbs athletic, boots a 335mm mounting 916,s. Im not a switch lander or rider very much at all. More directional. Looking to see if this ski cuts it as my daily driver. So mounting more aft then true center Im thinking. Anyone have any experiance with mounting postions pros and cons on these skis? Not much info about mounting with these skis. I was just thinking ball of foot center or maybe -1 or 2 from there? Any thoughts.

Im more of a technical racer type skier than new school jibber. It may be worth mentioning my main purpose for these skis will be afternoon crud ripping. I ski at a small mountain up north that gets lots of snow but pretty cut up by noon. The stiffer flex should prove fun in this cut up crud after a 6inch+ snow fall. My EP,s tips want to hit me in the head charging crud mounted center. I was going to go Volkl Kantana but got a real good deal on these. Thanks
    Last edited by Whipper; 11-25-2012 at 01:08 AM.
    FACTION

i ll tune into this channel 2 as i am mounting some 193's this week.

due to hole conflicts was looking at going +1.5 or so. caucasian asian.....?anyone?
    mine are 2010's with blue topsheets FWIW.
    cheers to snow in our forecast!!
    one step forward, no step backward

I had 191s mounted with 916s. I believe I mounted mine on the rear line. They skied pow well enough, but needed a lot of speed to float. They didn't submarine a slow speeds, they just didn't float to the surface.

They were tanks at lower speeds though. Go fast on them. Faster=better.

FWIW, I'm 5'11/195, 297bsl, blue topsheet ones.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Good to know thanks. mine are the 183,s Ill probably just go on the back line also. They are quite a bit wider at the tip then the 191s. 191,s are 136 were as the 183,s are slightly softer and 142 tip.
    FACTION

Please tell me that's a misprint and you have bigger feet than that.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Please tell me that's a misprint and you have bigger feet than that.
    OOOPs 3 not 2. Just checked 335mm Konflicts. 12-13 foot. Leads me to another Q. Ive noticed with big feet because the heal is so far back that mounting a cm or two forward from the line gets a ski to arc a little better. Any other big foots notice this also or is it just a figment of my emagination. Bringing them in today Tuesday for mounting. Any thoughts on this? Other skis like my Nortica Jetfuels for ice crank over best a little forward from the recomended line. On my EP pros they were best back a little more from the second mount centered,
    FACTION

Mounted at boot center -7 from true center of camber. This accually mounts because of my big feet right at BOF center also. Im happy with this. Hopefully get to try them out next week.
    FACTION

Email faction about it, i did and they were really quick and provided lots of good feedback

Ya thanks ,done know but BOF Center of the running length is always a good spot. My carvers are in that spot and most guys seem to use this spot also. I always go back to BOF so figured I would start there and see how they feel. i wont redrill these so done.
    FACTION

Just an update on the 3 zero. Skied them 15 days from thigh deep to ice and they are out of this world awesome!!!!:] Super stable at high speed or slower. I tried some DPS wailer 112 at a demo in crud and thought the DPS and the Faction were close to same charge crud stright line do what ya want performance. Ill give the nod to the 3 Zero just because they are a little more stable at really fast crud straight lining. Both can be turned to scub speed or change the line on the steeps in the skied out powder. The day had heavy snow -3 and just had a blast in that. Light pow -10 below stuff anything is great but what surprised me was groomer carving on hard groomed 5 days after a snow fall! I took my race carvers off to see how the # Zero would do and I liked the feel. Not lay your hip down cranking turns like the Slalom skis but a nice feel and very capable in those conditions. If I only had the one pair Im pretty sure I wouldn't miss a beat in any condition at all. I love them and am so happy i found a ski that actually does it all very well!
    FACTION

[QUOTE=Whipper;3875095] out of this world awesome!!!!:] QUOTE]

2nd on this. I mounted boot center mounted with Dukes. Been skiing them in just about all conditions, and no issues.
    “I mean god damn, who could believe that shit.” Greg Noll, Riding Giants

Just an update. I remounted schizos and went -1cm from centre and this opened up the ski to any terrain with much more versatility. I can ski bumps with this ski now and still charge. We were having some fun with the GPS the last few days in spring conditions. We were hitting 65mph on the straights. Very stable skis at that speed. The only real problem was my helmet kept fly backward:]

Ive demoed alot of skis this winter and ive yet to come across a more versitle ski for me.

What made me remount was I noticed all the podium free ride world tour guys that are sporting faction Skis. The guys with Faction winning skis looks way forward to mine. So I went on the facebook site and looked at all different skiers and thats were they seem to be mounting them more-so than back line. going to mount a pair of Prodogys with schizos also as my all round ski park bumps ice ect.. Keep the 3 Zeros for powder and real soft days probably. They do well on ice but that 98 under foot range does better for tricks in the air and bumps. Probably go 178cm over longer for versatility.
    FACTION