Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    In the "better news" department, God FINALLY has a bad case of dandruff.

You didnt believe me when I told you two weeks ago that it would snow today? I'm putting money on it next time.
    "The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.

I came for current conditions...what's this drama?

Yo Mamma!

Hey Salsa, why did they change names?

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Hey Salsa, why did they change names?
    Yeah I was wondering that too. New owners?

No, same owners. Got too confusing, I think, with Rendezvous Mountain and had some ancient history it was time to leave behind.

http://www.skithetetons.com/images/T...s/Welcome2.jpg Also I think it was a marketing move- to more clearly represent what they want to do (be YOUR Teton backcountry guide). The new logo is nice, though.

I can totally see ALL of that.
    J&D are some of the finer folks in both valleys, and deserve success.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    I came for current conditions...what's this drama?
    I think you can find the current conditions about five or six pages ago cuz not much fresh has happened since xmas.

6" to 18" in the forecast for 9000 ft but that's an accumulation projected over 72hrs. Could be dust on crust or maybe we get lucky; the spread reflects the disagreement between computer models. Predicted SW fetch, comes in warm, gusts 25-30mph @ 10,000ft will become a factor. Front passage predicted for sunday night, flow backs around to cold side, wind drops. If we're lucky the orographics will drop some good cold powder out on the westslope after the front passes. Or perhaps the main convergence zone could set up down around Pebble Creek like last time and miss the Tetons again. We'll soon see. But yeah, less drama, more offerings to Ullr are in order over the next four days. It will take the full 18" and then some to cover up the coral reef inbounds.
    Last edited by neckdeep; 01-25-2013 at 10:47 AM.

Hard to complain if we even get half of Jim's forecast...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1359132001.800469.jpg 
Views:	452 
Size:	145.2 KB 
ID:	131225

Jim's an optimist, I guess. He's calling the top end of the spread. Could be 24" over 96hrs or it could be 8". Got to get lucky and have the sweet spot in the trough pass over us to get 24" out of this one.

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfRelease View Post
    Hard to complain if we even get half of Jim's forecast...

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1359132001.800469.jpg 
Views:	452 
Size:	145.2 KB 
ID:	131225
    What app is dat?
    . . .

Its just the mobile version of mountain weather.
    "The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.

alright, so it's pretty dreary today but it's been an awesome season so far and it's going to fucking SNOW this weekend. are you stoked? I AM!

Name:	PC080143.jpg 
Views:	291 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	131245
    bluebird 0 degree blower in west mail cabin

Name:	P1020236.jpg 
Views:	289 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	131246
    north bowl off taylor into moose creek

Name:	PC310213.jpg 
Views:	265 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	131247
    getting new people stoked on earning turns in coal creek

Name:	P1080249.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	131250
    skintrack stoke

Name:	P1090257.jpg 
Views:	265 
Size:	1.83 MB 
ID:	131248
    finding some sweet turns in GTNP on a junkshow of a day

Name:	774938_10200190927326143_2062614317_o.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	338.1 KB 
ID:	131249
    getting ready to drop in... best feeling EVER?

sorry for the interruption - we will now return to your regularly scheduled taco talk

A lot of sirens heading westbound at the pass 9am this morning... My friends said they saw a chopper a little later (10ish). Hope everyone's alright
    to ski another day

We saw the chopper from up in the Mail Cabin zone. Was wondering myself...

and if we do get 10" of fresh, especially if it is wet/ warm, make sure your avalanche eyeballs are open. Could go deep at low elevations, and there is a layer of facets/ surface hoar from since Christmas that is cold and unbonded, underneath about 25cm from the last couple days. But you all know that, right?

R word in the valley on the eastside. any pass commuters care to comment on what's going on up high?

The snow line was just below the ski lake parking lot at noon today. Pretty fun up high

Quote Originally Posted by peace_coast View Post
    R word in the valley on the eastside. any pass commuters care to comment on what's going on up high?
    Last edited by PointOfRelease; 01-26-2013 at 04:27 PM.

Lower rain/snow line at the park today. Probably 7000'. Lots of snowshoers and XC Skiers about. Went for a little solo trip today. Moist snow on a crust overlying lots o'facets on an east aspect up to 10K. Not the most fun trailbreaking in the world. No cracking/collapsing observed, but then again, there isnt really a new load yet. Found some good snow too.

More stoke, less shit.

Going to be in IF for an interview this week, any recs for some meadow skipping somewhat close by that I can feel comfortable doing solo. Will be slogging on barons so I don't need much vert, more just want to get out for some exercise and see the area. Or if anyone wants to do a real short tour shoot me a pm, somewhere around the end of the month or early next, not sure yet.

The Pass is (IMO) the closest point that will have decent snow and reasonable access. To get to 'good' stuff on Pine Creek Pass and the Big Hole's will require very long slogs currently, unless this storm brings a LOT.

First faceshots of 2013 this morning!!! Its getting good out there, little by little. Stick to N aspects, but there are tasty niblets to be found...
    Skiing, whether you're in Wisconsin or the Alps, is a dumbass hick country sport that takes place in the middle of winter on a mountain at the end of a dirt road.
    -Glen Plake

Quote Originally Posted by powder_prophet View Post
    First faceshots of 2013 this morning!!! Its getting good out there, little by little. Stick to N aspects, but there are tasty niblets to be found...
    Getting slidey out there too. Windloaded pockets were popping out on all aspects. Avg 6-8 inches deep.
    Last edited by _Aaron_; 01-27-2013 at 05:49 PM.
    More stoke, less shit.

Quote Originally Posted by _Aaron_ View Post
    Getting slidey out there too. Windloaded pockets were popping out on all aspects. Avg 6-8 inches deep.
    Yep, gonna be weird out there tomorrow. Be careful, may be the touchiest day of the season (so far).

Listen for things that go BOOM...
    Skiing, whether you're in Wisconsin or the Alps, is a dumbass hick country sport that takes place in the middle of winter on a mountain at the end of a dirt road.
    -Glen Plake

Quote Originally Posted by powder_prophet View Post
    Yep, gonna be weird out there tomorrow. Be careful, may be the touchiest day of the season (so far).

Listen for things that go BOOM...
    Westside got over an 1" of water in the last 24 hours. BT is calling it Moderate for tomorrow, but that may be because they're not looking beyond the village.

10" in our driveway in Driggs

definitely touchy out there. didn't see anything move but had couple good wumphs in west mail cabin skinning today and lots of little slides on road cuts visible on the pass. stuck to low angle and enjoyed the fluff. be careful out there.