chainless isnt that fun... WTB SRAM 9 spd rear derailleur

Welp, exploded the X0 rear derailleur on saturday, first 5 feet of gravel road climbing at blackrock, kaboom...

Spent the rest of the day chainless, which is fun and all, but accelerating without the aid of gravity is useful on occasion
    Anybody have a 9 speed SRAM rear derailleur sitting around?
    I am a broke dirtbag so cheaper the better, used and abused is fine by me as long as it works, or I can get it working...

Also open to shimano if you have a matching shifter for cheapo with it, or 10 speed full kit if you really want to tempt me
    Hoping to get back out in the mud by this weekend if possible, best i can find online is $40 for a X7, hoping to do better than that...

A couple weeks ago I bought a brand new X9 off eBay for $70 shipped. It arrived in a day.

If I can find it, I could do $20 shipped for a SRAM 9.0SL.

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...rear-deraileur
    Kansas - First Of The Rectangle States

To whomever is reading, I can match that brand new X9 for $70.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

You can buy a replacement cage. They're kind of made to fail there and keep torque off everything else. I just broke one too.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by Theodore View Post
    If I can find it, I could do $20 shipped for a SRAM 9.0SL.

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...rear-deraileur
    i would be all over this except the plastic scares me now...

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    You can buy a replacement cage. They're kind of made to fail there and keep torque off everything else. I just broke one too.
    thats what SRAM just told me as well, i figured i fubar'd the upper section as well as the arm, off to local shop to see what it would cost me
    guessing its gonna be more than the semi-local X7 i found for $15 or the $60 shipped X9 from aawyeah, i even think that X9 is basically my X0 since its an updated gen...

It's not.

There's no x9 ever made that's the same thing as any generation x0.

X0s are just fucking awesome. That's all there is to it. Those things will still shift flawlessly even after being bent to total shit.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    It's not.

There's no x9 ever made that's the same thing as any generation x0.

X0s are just fucking awesome. That's all there is to it. Those things will still shift flawlessly even after being bent to total shit.
    Spot on. The XO bodies are much stiffer, which means quicker down-shifts. The XO springs are stronger, which results in quicker up-shifts as well as better chain tension over rough terrain. The XO pivots are wider, meaning it's less likely to develop slop/play over time anywhere near as quick as lower-quality parts.

Kind of like a road bike with 8-speed Dura Ace parts on it, compared to even a brand-new bike with 8-speed Shimano 2300 or Sora on it. The D/A bike still shifts smoother, despite having 20,000+ miles on it. I'd go so far as to argue that 9 speed D/A can be set up to feel/perform nicer than even properly adjusted brand-new current-generation 105.

You get what you pay for (unless it's overpriced shitty FSA parts), as far as bicycle drivetrain parts go.

ok, i hear you guys, i agree as well, my late 80's DA road grouppo can attest to that, built like a battleship, i still put 1k a year on it and havent changed a thing in i cant remember how long...
    local shop was nice enough to rip apart a working xo and make sure a replacement arm would solve things, worked like a charm
    they wanted $150 to order a carbon arm and spring, ha!

interwebz to the rescue, fitty bucks and done with it
    http://www.speedgoat.com/Catalog.asp...150&Prod=27373

now if i just knew wtf caused the explosion in the first place...

forty, i got a SRAM X9 sitting in the garage being unused at the moment if you still want it.

thanks for offer but im set now
    order is placed, getting the x0 running seems like the real solution
    buddy is hooking up a $8 x7 for short term usage till parts arrive and then goes into my backup bin which apparently needs replenishing
    ride fri/sat back in business!