2013 Banshee Prime (or other sexy 29ers)

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/2013-Ba...Exclusive.html
    Thing looks pretty sweet, long and low. Steep seat tube, slack HA. Very adjustable. Swappable dropouts.

How did they get around the DW-link patent? Looks identical as far as I can tell.

Was thinking about a niner jet RDO, but this might be more fun.

All I know is that I don't know nothin'... and that's fine.

serious question: when you have a bike with adjustable shit, doesn't everyone just run it in the lowest/slackest position all the time?

negative for me. I'm not sure I could handle riding my TR450 in the lowest slackest setting, I'd have no toes left.

Quote Originally Posted by DirkaDirkaJack View Post
    serious question: when you have a bike with adjustable shit, doesn't everyone just run it in the lowest/slackest position all the time?
    If I was racing it, probably not. I might want a shorter chainstay for a jumpy or tight course. Might want a steeper HA for somethign with long steep climbs. But yes, I'd imagine 75% of the time at least I'd want slack and low.

Attachment 124238
    If only it would ship. As vapor bikes go, couldn't draw it up much better.

Quote Originally Posted by grabtindy View Post
    Attachment 124238
    If only it would ship. As vapor bikes go, couldn't draw it up much better.
    Plenty of folks on mtbr seem to have their hands on one. Maybe they're only being sold to dentists?

Quote Originally Posted by Yeah! View Post
    Plenty of folks on mtbr seem to have their hands on one. Maybe they're only being sold to dentists?
    I don't think so, Ibis hasn't announced geometry, pricing or a ship date yet.

http://pivotcycles.com/bikes/detail/13
    eagerly awaiting the mach 429 carbon at my lbs.
    "Last one to the bottom is a Coward"

HA looks close to TK's new bike?

Bumping this thread because I've got my eye on a Prime or Convert 29er. I've had good experience with Transition as a company.

Can any Banshee owners account for their build quality, durability, customer service, etc?

Also a little wary both these bikes will be brand new and hopefully won't have any quirks to work out.

Or be a cheap bastard and just buy the Kona Satori. You're not going to win any hipness awards with it, but you will save about a $1000 over either of those bikes. I'm pretty sure JRA in Medford carries them.
    http://www.konaworld.com/bike.cfm?content=satori

Quote Originally Posted by awf170 View Post
    Or be a cheap bastard and just buy the Kona Satori. You're not going to win any hipness awards with it, but you will save about a $1000 over either of those bikes. I'm pretty sure JRA in Medford carries them.
    http://www.konaworld.com/bike.cfm?content=satori
    That does fit the bill. Tempting, especially getting a Fox 34 fork on a bike at the $3k price point. The $3k Covert 29 would be a significant downgrade in terms of parts spec. But the Banshee Prime is so damn sexy.

My buddy has a proto Prime and loves it. The production version looks the ta-ta's and got the fighting weight down. Covert looks sweet too, but I don't think anybody out there but the Transition boys have been on them AFIK.

I'll be able to tell you about the upcoming DB Mason FS whenever the damn 34 shows up. All I know right now is that it isn't very light. ~9lbs size large w/ shock, clamp and 142 axle. May force me away from my 1x10 setup...