Stolen: Winston BIIIx 9'5wt!!!!

I muthafuckin' HATE people that steal stuff.

Some asshole(s), stole a 5wt Winston B3x from my boat last night. It happened to have a galvan reel with a typical Rio chartreuse/yellow floating line on it.

In the odd chance this set up shows up at a fly shop near you etc..., please give me a heads up.

Schitty schwerty
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

What river/ramp? There has been petty theivery going on at ramps on the Teton and the SF for the last two years. It's mostly a crime of opportunity thing (shuttle money+poorly hidden keys+open windows+unlocked doors=pilferage) but, a few seasons ago, a guide I know had his rig stolen. Kids found the keys on the gas cap while looking for the shuttle money and took the truck and trailer out joy riding in the farm roads where they eventually dumped it. Only teen boys are dumb enough to risk a felony just to go joy riding so that gives ya an idea of who's doing the stealing. I wonder if an angler would do it to "upgrade" his gear or if its kids cruising the ramps looking for easy pickings. Start looking on Ebay or Craig's list. Fly shop's don't deal in 2nd hand so I doubt it would turn up in a shop.
    Last edited by neckdeep; 09-06-2012 at 01:17 PM.

The boat was in my driveway in Wilson. It's my dumbass fault. I left 2 rods rigged up and didn't put the cover on. Funny this is, only one rod was ripped off. The other, granted a little older, was still there. Strange.

Already browsing eBay.

Damn - wouldn't expect it out of your driveway. I'll keep an eye out in the area. Hope karma comes back and gets this guy.

Sorry to hear that...sucks!

I would watch for one of the neighbor kids...maybe put up a sign...I would bet a young kid took it, and told their parents they found it...parents see the sign, you might get it back????

Just a wild theory.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

That blows - bad karma for somebody. Kids seem like a good bet - hope you get it back!

That rod is cursed now. Dude's gonna get a fly stuck in his eye.

-Good Luck Schwerty, hope you see her again.

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Sorry to hear that...sucks!

I would watch for one of the neighbor kids...maybe put up a sign...I would bet a young kid took it, and told their parents they found it...parents see the sign, you might get it back????

Just a wild theory.
    I hate to speculate in this situation but I've almost convinced myself that local kids are to blame. Last wknd a bunch of 11-13ish yr old boys were shooting bb guns at each other around my house and the school across the street. I did that shit too but wasn't stupid enough to do it in a residential area. Anyway, one of the kids, (not sure which one), dumped about 1000+ chartreuse bb's in my driveway. When I pulled in half my driveway was glowing chartreuse and these kids had no intention of cleaning it up. Thus, I had a little chat with them. Shoulda taken names but since they cleaned up the mess without much issue.... I was pretty nice about it too. Chatted with a couple of them while they were cleaning up their stupidity. Maybe it bothered one or more of them when I mentioned I didn't care they were shooting at each other but I would drag any or all of them by their fucking ears back to their folks if they had the nerve to be shooting when my 4yr old or any other youngster was out in the neighborhood! Pretty understandable,even for guys that age. I probably even cracked a smile when I said that.

Problem is, I don't know any of these kids. Most live around me but far enough from my house that I have no idea where to start. Using my neighborhood resources...hopefully something comes out of it.

Four years ago, we had some real trash down the street. The parents were worthless at raising kids and their teen and his friends liked to steal. After these kids had taken cash and ammo from his cars and house and stolen beer out of his porch fridge a few times, my fishing buddy (their next door neighbor) put a couple ounces of his piss into each bottle of a corona six pack and left it out on the back steps. Comes home to find the six pack gone and the tires and seats of his jeep slashed up, more stuff stolen. Dumb kids were so "pissed off" they'd left their tracks in the snow leading right back their house. Busted with the evidence which included ammo so the cops took it quite seriously. Worthless parents had to pay my buddy a thousand bucks in restitution to keep their retarded little shitbags out of jail so he got new seats and off road tires...haha...and he never admitted he'd fed the kids piss. Is that fucking awesome or what?

I had two coolers full of ice water, garbage and a couple beers stolen out of a boat parked in front of the Knotty Pine. About a thousand bucks worth of gear in the lockers but the kids just grabbed the coolers hoping for beers and ran. The worst was the time a friend was winter fishing the Hank at the Ashton bridge on fisherman's drive. He'd rigged up and climbed over the snowbank about 200 feet from his truck, but he'd forgotten a fanny pack with flyboxes and left it on the hood. Some kids pulled over and snatched it and the turd driving laughed and shot him the bird as he pulled away with about 90% of my bud's flies.
    Last edited by neckdeep; 09-06-2012 at 12:41 PM.

Funny story ND.

Think I got a lead to a couple of the kids. I hope I'm not looking up the wrong tree or I'll have some parents pretty damn pissed at me.

hope it is found and returned. Ya there have been issues at both deadman's and the dam this year. assholes.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Damn, that sucks to hear schwerty. Maybe setup Craigslist and ebay RSS alerts
    Be careful about buying snowboard goggles for skiing. Snowboard goggles come in right eye and left eye (for goofy-footers) dominant models. This can make it hard to see correctly when skiing because you are facing straight down the hill, not sideways.

Will keep eyes open schwerty....scum without a little disciplining can grow up anywhere these days....

Cunts. Thieves should be beheaded. VIBES

Sent from my SPH-D710 using TGR Forums
    `•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.? ??´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

Stealing from boatramps and trailheads was a problem I've been hearing about for years from places on the coast. Relaly sad to hear that it is now hitting Idaho. I don't own a driftboat, so don't have the shuttle problem, but it's typical for me to have 5 or 6 rods along when me and my son go fishing, so all but two of them are sitting int he back of my car, along with a gear bag full of reels, flyboxes, etc. I also routinely leave doors unlocked and keys in the car on the theory that it's impossible to lose the keys in the river that way. Gonna have to be more security conscious at least on the major rivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamespio View Post
    Stealing from boatramps and trailheads was a problem I've been hearing about for years from places on the coast. Relaly sad to hear that it is now hitting Idaho. I don't own a driftboat, so don't have the shuttle problem, but it's typical for me to have 5 or 6 rods along when me and my son go fishing, so all but two of them are sitting int he back of my car, along with a gear bag full of reels, flyboxes, etc. I also routinely leave doors unlocked and keys in the car on the theory that it's impossible to lose the keys in the river that way. Gonna have to be more security conscious at least on the major rivers.
    Wait, where do you normally park again??

That blows,

I found myself unexpectedly in your hood a few weeks ago. We decided to hit up the South fork since there was so much smoke everywhere else. The day we arrived was the day that canyon next to Jackson caught on fire, Yea luck.

After a couple of days of floating the South fork, we drove up and fished the Grays. As we were peeling off our waders one of my buddies forgot a 5# Winston with a Orvis reel leaning on a tree at the turnout.

/misery loves company story/

If you know where you were I can go take a look.

I appreciate the offer but it was way too close to the road to still be there.

I've managed to arrange things so that I will be in either MT/ID/WY in late summer/early fall every year, so I'm sure we'll get to wet a line or at least have a beer at some point. Oh yea, I can row.

Back when I lived near the Everglades, a friend of mine had a bow stolen out of his jeep. It was a neighborhood like yours with annoying early teen-age boys as well.

He put up posters that said "Lost Bow", reward $200, no questions asked and his phone number. Sure enough he got a call a few days later and set up a meet at a friends house as the place to return it since the little bastards obviously knew where they stole it from.

One of them showed up with his older brother (had car) and my buddy grabs his bow, looks at it and goes yep that's it and reaches in his pocket and hands the kid a $20 dollar bill. When the kid and his brother protest that the poster says $200, my buddy's says "oh yeah it was a typo" now get the fuck out out of here thief and don't forget I know what you look like now. They both slunk away.

Now I'm not recommending this as what you should do, since my friend was a full on southern red-neck that hunted wild boars with pit bulls and poached gators at night. a good guy but not the type to drink his coffee with his pinky in the air if you know what I mean.

You seem more civilized than him but a variation on the theme may work.

Good luck.