Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Exclamation serious JH shred in new Ungrounded edit

This is pretty much balls to wall from start to finish. High caliber sendage.

Some scary lines in there and some balls for hitting them, but a little editing would make this less frustrating to watch. all that snowplowing just makes me want to reach through the screen and shove you off the slope.
    I demoed the TECH TALK JONG! pro model this spring and their performance was unparalleled which is good because I ski in a wedge most of the time - bendtheski, 2011

definitely some hairy lines in there; but I have to agree with Skirotica about all the side-slipping.

The drop at 1:50 is boss.
    Last edited by BassBone; 03-26-2012 at 05:25 PM.

Oh Hells Yeah!!!

Sick lines

nice stuff, lot of plowing though agree, snowboarding really accentuated by the gopro

pretty easy to talk weird nonsensical shit about 'snowplowing' from behind your desk in places like boston n nyshitty.

I've got fucking motion sickness. Are you epileptic?

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarnia1 View Post
    pretty easy to talk weird nonsensical shit about 'snowplowing' from behind your desk in places like boston n nyshitty.
    Would have to agree here. For most of that so called snow plowing it looked like good slough/slab management to me. Pretty high consequence lines and best not to ride thru in one of those slabs. I liked it and think it is quite worthy stoke! Thanks.

My only complaint (if you can calll it that), is that I don't like the riding two at time thing in the bc but that is really your and partner(s) choice. Hopefully there were a few more in the group in case someone had to dig your ass out if the shit hit the fan. Personal choice though and not something that I do on big lines.

Be safe young Jedi.
    The Passion is in the Risk

pretty easy to get butthurt from behind your computer. you know exactly what we're talking about. it's not weird and nonsensical; just makes the video less entertaining. much more authentic, but less entertaining to some of us.

I understand the desire to stay alive and the consequent need to avoid getting caught it the sluff. I could not ski all the lines in that video, and will admit that to anybody. That being said, when I see a video that's supposed to be "balls to the wall from start to finish" and "high caliber sendage" on TGR, I expect something with a little less of a "please-don't-die" style...

you can take a deep breath and chill out, knowing you're much more core than any of us city dwellers...
    Last edited by BassBone; 03-26-2012 at 03:09 PM.

Yup, you'll do just fine here.

That was some fine work. Pointing that first line would have likely ended very badly.
    I can't believe you are a rando racer because I look so much better in Lycra than you.

People who don't think the Earth is flat haven't skied Vail.

Yeah ignore the rabble. They're clueless about that kind of terrain. Plenty of the ski vids on here of similar spots have just as much (or more) slipping, which was surprisingly little and pretty much mandatory. Keep posting this good stuff.

Skiing slabs. Oh so smart.

Clearly it's steep, gnarly and takes a ton of balls. Just not sure the brain usage matched the ball usage.

of course you're a badass, buddy. those lines were hairy as fuck, and glad you survived to share it with us. It is fucking GREAT stoke; don't want to be misinterpreted here. I have mad respect for your ability as I do not possess such abilities on my skis. Just saying, you hyped that shit. and while it's phenomenal, don't throw out descriptors like that unless you're willing to have people hold you to them. If you had edited it down, it could've been "Balls to the wall from start to finish". But it wasn't. It was smart handling of pretty dangerous terrain. Which is, again, great stoke; thanks for sharing, and keep shredding.

Not bad considering you only have one gopro.

Quote Originally Posted by markb View Post
    Yeah ignore the rabble. They're clueless about that kind of terrain. Plenty of the ski vids on here of similar spots have just as much (or more) slipping, which was surprisingly little and pretty much mandatory. Keep posting this good stuff.
    ^^BINGO!!

... and balls to the wall from start to finish!!!!

ps. love all the east coasters talking about skiing one at a time, snow safety etc.

Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post
    Just saying, you hyped that shit. and while it's phenomenal, don't throw out descriptors like that unless you're willing to have people hold you to them. If you had edited it down, it could've been "Balls to the wall from start to finish". But it wasn't.
    More like toooo the windooooow, to the wall! To the wall
    to the sweat dropped down my balls, to all these bitches Crawl!
    Aww skeet skeet mofuckerr! Aww skeet skeet god damn. God Damn!

Bassbone, the technical term is side-slip, snowplow is for skiers, and its pretty hard to snowplow on lines like that
    But clearly you already knew that because people from NY and Boston know everyyything! Us westerners is jus a bunch of ol hick Idahoans ain't we

^^^ noted. when skiers do it on comparable terrain, side-slipping still seems a more appropriate term. Snowplowing conjures images of that "pizza-wedge" gapers do on the groomers.

EDIT: not saying the shit wasn't extremely dangerous or ballsy. nor am I suggesting just pointing all of those lines. ...right on everyone; fuck the east coast, ass-achusett(s?), and nyshitty. don't think gnarnia is really gonna change his style based on anything my ice-coast jong ass has to say. I just got bored watching the same shit over and over; different angles or a faster pace would've made it more entertaining. Not. Knocking. Decisions. or. Abilities.

But seriously, Everyone not from Ass-achusetts knows that those "snowplows" were some of the most dangerous moves of the video. I was literally scared you were going to die, that's fucking balls to the wall enough for me.

But dude, messing with those slabs with those slabs is a dangerous game on already super-dangerous lines

Don't let the east coasters push you farther down that road! Everyone here who has exposed themselves to similar risks knows how balls to the wall that was.

I expect years of stoke out your crew, but I can't read about another backcountry death this season

Some sweet lines for sure, and a whole lot of avalanche arrogance. Makes for entertaining video though.

you may be a king or lowly street sweeper but sooner or later we'll all dance with the reaper

that was awesome. would of liked to see some of it from non pod standpoint.

off to investigate what the last line was and put it on the list for next year

nice work....

Needs more guns and airplanes before I consider this high caliber.

Oh and boobs too.