Page 758 of 892 FirstFirst ... 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 ... LastLast
Results 18,926 to 18,950 of 22292
    ^^That does look nice. West Yellowstone is about to get real cheap too with the winter park season coming to an end. I booked a cheap room there this week for my Big Sky days. I really like that town when it's empty..

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Best day of the year at Great Divide IMO. Dumped all day and seemed a foot deep by afternoon, and no wind to f it up. Wild West tree skiing was sweeet!

I did 8 straight runs in Wild West it was so good in there. Agree it was the day of the year so far!

^^That does look nice. West Yellowstone is about to get real cheap too... I really like that town when it's empty..
    The weirdos are always there.

^^That does look nice. West Yellowstone is about to get real cheap too with the winter park season coming to an end. I booked a cheap room there this week for my Big Sky days. I really like that town when it's empty..
    Let’s meet up for a lap or two.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    The NW corner of Yellowstone is skiing amazingly, and it’s the deepest I’ve ever seen 30 miles south of Big Sky.

Like… pillows and amazing tree skiing that reminds me of Japan and Canada.

Jeez… why am I advertising this online? well, you can easily stay out of the shitfuck GNFAC avvy problem down there.
    Found this on my windshield coming back from a certain locale in that direction today Click image for larger version. 

Name:	318859A8-EBCD-49D8-8AF9-B7F41FCE5784.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	450605

Bridger with a nice refresh overnight. Would love to go up for a few hours but have to drive down to Wyoming and pick up a new truck.

Might be busy up there as just got a call from Bozeman Schools that out of precaution, schools are closed today due to a "threat." Not sure what that means but obviously must be serious for them to close.

Da kids calling in a bomb threat on powder day. I don't know if I should be mad or proud.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Da kids calling in a bomb threat on powder day. I don't know if I should be mad or proud.
    Lulz.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Bobby gave me a 6:30 wake up call but then refused to ditch his wife for me

oh well, moderate case of blue balls was eased by the fantastic old man powder skiing

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	52730453902_5613ee86d7_h.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	258.6 KB 
ID:	450752

I was fortunate to spend the weekend at Big Sky racing the Shedhorn skimo race and then spending a day at the resort. What an incredible property. Pretty ikonic crowd, but seems like a great (set of) mountains. Gnar weather - I'm happy to be back in the cozy comfort of Utah where it was 42* and sunny when I got back home.

Shedhorn is such a cool race. We got to ski the Big Couloir, Otter Slide, and Three Forks. Fantastic conditions.

Name:  yt9gNzR.png
Views: 875
Size:  776.4 KB
    Name:  LQH3pWa.png
Views: 871
Size:  711.7 KB
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2uDjTdS.jpeg 
Views:	85 
Size:	142.1 KB 
ID:	450784

Dang, Bridger looked pretty good. Hate I missed that but I appreciate y'all sharing the stoke.

And Congrats Cirque! It is always fun watching the athletes from the tram line. That is one helluva day on skis.

I can't imagine what sort of a shitshow those descents were... it must have been quality entertainment for anyone watching.

The soft snow made for pretty easy descents and, from my midpack POV, a shocking lack of spandex skimo dh flailing. That said, I hauled 190 Ravens around for the whole damn Shedhorn just to look fucking incredible on the downhills. Which totally paid off They also probably cost me probably 30+ minutes over a lighter setup throughout the race. So there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by kathleenturneroverdrive View Post
    The soft snow made for pretty easy descents and, from my midpack POV, a shocking lack of spandex skimo dh flailing. That said, I hauled 190 Ravens around for the whole damn Shedhorn just to look fucking incredible on the downhills. Which totally paid off They also probably cost me probably 30+ minutes over a lighter setup throughout the race. So there's that.
    There was a skimo race at Taos when we were there a few weeks back and they were descending Al's run - right under Chair 1. It was *quality* entertainment.

"There are skiers here just itching to watch a skimo racer eat shit. Do anything humanly possible to never give them what they want" was about all my exhausted brain could think about on every descent

Quote Originally Posted by kathleenturneroverdrive View Post
    "There are skiers here just itching to watch a skimo racer eat shit. Do anything humanly possible to never give them what they want" was about all my exhausted brain could think about on every descent
    Credit where credit is due - I didn't see a single skimo racer eat shit on Al's. It was still *quality* entertainment.

Yesterday ruled. Click the link FOMO powdah

https://youtu.be/pVhzVucEg-I

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

^^^ TEHDEEPS.ORG/SICKTER

I'm really trying my best to bring my expectations back down to reality. The quality of skiing this year has been so high. I need to mentally prepare myself this summer for the possibility of waiting another 5 or 6 seasons for this kind of pow again. You know you are getting jaded when it's whiteroom/chokers and you catch yourself being like, "That turn wasn't perfect. I could feel a bit of hard snow under my skis!"

https://www.kbzk.com/news/local-news...ent-in-big-sky

Was this in HW or below on the way to Lone Tree?

She was reportedly skiing the Headwaters Bowl run and hit a tree, resulting in significant head trauma.
    Hard to say, KBZK is always wrong. I heard there was a fatality on the north side a while back and then crickets.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Hard to say, KBZK is always wrong. I heard there was a fatality on the north side a while back and then crickets.
    This town has the most sanitized news of any place I've ever seen. Just because there was no follow-up doesn't mean it didn't happen.
    People here are typically assholes (it's part of the charm) - dan_pdx

I think it was near the HW lift, which is called Headwaters Bowl on the map. Just a guess but probably those trees slightly looker's right of the lift. RIP

Got some beta from a buddy who is still connected.

About 2/3rds of the way down HW Bowl, skiers left. She made a turn and blew the next one, picked up too much speed to make the next one and warped a tree. Her birthday and her kids saw the whole thing.

He also relayed the tale of a patient who is an MD that fractured cervical vertebra and was flown to Billings. On the way the patient was aware that they were losing sensation below the shoulders. Brutal.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"