Page 882 of 892 FirstFirst ... 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 ... LastLast
Results 22,026 to 22,050 of 22290
    Had a fantastic time at Big Sky this weekend. Got so much more snow than expected on both Saturday and Sunday. It was my first time skiing in MT and I’m definitely coming back - I feel like we barely scratched the surface of what BS has on offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BB sure kicked a hornet's nest this morning.

Daughter and I are headed to Bozeman this weekend to check out MSU and planning to ski Saturday at BB. Any beta considering current conditions? She's an expert skier, loves bumps, trees and steeps (but not mandatory air). I have read BB is similar to CB (where we mostly ski) but maybe a little more extreme? I do have the 2015 BB Ridge Terrain guide but looking for some suggestions. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by slcdawg View Post
    Daughter and I are headed to Bozeman this weekend to check out MSU and planning to ski Saturday at BB. Any beta considering current conditions? She's an expert skier, loves bumps, trees and steeps (but not mandatory air). I have read BB is similar to CB (where we mostly ski) but maybe a little more extreme? I do have the 2015 BB Ridge Terrain guide but looking for some suggestions. Cheers!
    Go fast and take chances.

As someone who visits Bridger regularly over the years and knows just enough to get in trouble without following local friends, I’d say that Northern exposures are your friend with how much warm and sun there has been this season. The second and third Fingers are good starting places that you can see/scout from the bottom. Also Madman’s is go to for me, half the hike and most all the fun.

But, Bridger sucks… tell your friends

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    BB sure kicked a hornet's nest this morning.
    Pretty depressing that the people in charge would even think that sending this survey is a good idea. Really doesn't inspire confidence in their vision for the future
    "If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough."

Do tell

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    As someone who visits Bridger regularly over the years and knows just enough to get in trouble without following local friends, I’d say that Northern exposures are your friend with how much warm and sun there has been this season. The second and third Fingers are good starting places that you can see/scout from the bottom. Also Madman’s is go to for me, half the hike and most all the fun.

But, Bridger sucks… tell your friends
    There's hiking? Is that a traverse from top of Schlashman's?

There's hiking? Is that a traverse from top of Schlashman's?
    https://bridgerbowl.com/pdfs/mountain/ridge-guide.pdf

What was the survey? Asking locals if they want Bridger to be more about fur coats and real estate than actual skiing?

Quote Originally Posted by nest View Post
    Pretty depressing that the people in charge would even think that sending this survey is a good idea. Really doesn't inspire confidence in their vision for the future
    Yeah, what a weird exercise.

Why even test the waters?

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    I really would not be surprised if joining Indy Pass was the most "logical" choice. That being said, my understanding is that most/all of the Indy ski areas are REALLY off the beaten path and the kind of places where there might be 50 cars total in the parking lot on any given day.

^^ agree that the Indy Pass is most logical choice here, and a bunch of Mom N Pops are already on it.

Maybe if the powers at be charge Indy Pass users to hike the ridge it will be a win-win for all.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Dumping at Big Sky.

Looks like one of those weeks where it is mostly nice in the Bozone and snowy good down south.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

When they switched their online system to Entebeni, who owns Indy pass, I figured it was just a matter of time before bbowl sellout rumors started. This might finally motivate me to join bbowl association...

2012 Montana Conditions, Stoke and Whatev Thread

So what is the problem with Indy Pass? It’s not Ikon or Epic. Look at the hills on Indy, these aren’t destination ski resorts and the people that would buy an Indy Pass would likely come to Bridger regardless if they purchased an Indy Pass.

Talking with the GM at Mission Ridge, the amount of people coming with an Indy Pass is pretty small compared to day tripping skiers and people from the immediate region paying for tickets.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

No problem with the Indy pass, it is a fine product. Bridger is pretty well maxed out as it is, it also carries the proud label, Community Non-Profit.

I think most are concerned about this being a 1st step.

I would prefer a Montana pass type of option. Kinda doubt Big $ky would play.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

A MT pass would be awesome. You get it if employed, 3 days each place?

I am a big Indy proponent, but I'm w bunion. BB is maxed. 70k Bros w black crows, Arc'teryx, Tacoma and plenty of money means anytime it snows 4" the entire population of bzn is there.

Red Lodge is skiing fine today. Jackson is amazing but it’s nice to ski with people not managing hedge funds.
    Name:  IMG_2238.jpeg
Views: 455
Size:  93.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    Red Lodge is skiing fine today. Jackson is amazing but it’s nice to ski with people not managing hedge funds.
    Name:  IMG_2238.jpeg
Views: 455
Size:  93.9 KB
    Not to mention all those lawyers... and doctors.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    Jackson is amazing but it’s nice to ski with people not managing hedge funds.
    Nice pics!

And I fully agree with you. One could argue when Jackson (the resort) *really* made a shift; there is always someone who will come along and tell you it was 20 years before whatever date you put out there. For me while it has been a gradual decay, it was a couple years pre-COVID when there was a step to another level.

Sure, the mountain is ALWAYS fun, and yes the soul skiers are still around — it's just that the noise really started to drown out the signal (from my perspective).

Used to be that even visitors — regardless of income — wanted to understand local customs and fit in with the skiing. Sometime around when we started to get multiple directs a day from particular cities (SFO stands out) I noticed that a critical mass was reached where rather than fit in, there was a desire for visitors to isolate with like-minded people from where they came.

Personally, I went from decades of skiing 100+ days of 150-180 day ski seasons at JHMR to literally a single day or two (however many free tickets I could get) while maintaining the same # of total days. I know what one notices tends to say more about the observer — e.g., do you notice the incredible terrain or the amazing people, or do you see the traffic and the high prices and the tone-deaf folks? For me, I started seeing more of the latter than the former, so it was time to make a change. I definitely do miss it!

I'm 99+% human-powered now, vs ~60% lift-served — and the dramatic decline in my technical skiing skills sure does show!!

A day at JHMR — especially if you are willing and able to go out the gates — is always a great thing.

I know Montana — particularly some areas — is wrestling with similar issues.

Low viz today but skiing off the summit was awesome.

First few laps on Marx were nice.

But Liberty was ridiculous.

Walk-on tram, deep snow...yeah that was a sick aZz day.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    ^^^ Sick!

Fucking work. I'll be out Friday with the GF. Hopefully more snow!

Quote Originally Posted by swimmy View Post
    Niiice! I love the cracks & ripples.

Quote Originally Posted by swimmy View Post
    Low viz ...
    So tricky for white-balance & getting any definition. Love the color pop!