Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Vail Resorts survey with suspicious A-Basin Q's

Hey did anyone else receive a email survey from Vail Resorts with questions regarding A-Basin? Questions like would you continue to buy your Epic Pass if Arapahoe Basin was not on it, or would you buy Copper/WP pass if A-Basin was on it? I did not get this survey personally but was emailed by a friend today about it asking if we had. Should we be worried that Vail wants to drop A-Basin from the pass? The survey was from http://vailresorts.qualtrics.com

B

that would be a dream come true.....

you mean A-basin might be good again? awesome

It's always nice to have options....I would love to have Basin on a different pass but not by itself.

Fuck yes. Would be sweet to have the Basin on it's own or maybe team up with LL. I wouldn't want them on the super pass as that just brings the same problems VR brings.

They should just connect Loveland to A-Basin and call it good.

Quote Originally Posted by KillingCokes View Post
    Totally possible and would be fun.

Bye bye Vail.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

If a-basin were by itself or with LL I'd totally buy a 4pack even though it'd be a pretty far drive.

Seeing the basin gaper and vail free would be a dream come true.

That would be awesome! I'd love to see a LL, Abasin pass with a few days at Monarch!

Fuck Vail.

Behold my fluffy goodness, you bastard.

Loveland and A-basin on one pass would be sweet.

If Colorado were in Europe, you can damn well bet they would ALL be interconnected. Including ski Cooper, WP, Berthoud, and what the hell, eldora just for kicks.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

God I hope this is true.... A-Basin would be so much better if they got dropped by Vail Resorts.

If VR drops their prices by 20%, then yea, I'm OK with ditching A-Basin.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

I'd only still buy a pass if they keep breck open till june. Late season skiing after loveland closes is one of the main reasons I still get a pass there

I have an A-basin only pass and a Loveland midweek. I don't really go anywhere else with lifts once it gets good. I do have access to free Copper tix and a few medallions too but rarely use them. Fuck it, take the Basin off the Vail pass, get rid of the chumps who crowd the hill in the spring.

This would probably hurt the Basin's bottom line though.

LL could open early, A Basin could stay open late.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    If Colorado were in Europe, you can damn well bet they would ALL be interconnected. Including ski Cooper, WP, Berthoud, and what the hell, eldora just for kicks.
    And the food and wine would be a whole lot better. Don't get me going about French chicks everywhere.

The ultimate would be Copper, Abasin and LL on the same pass.

Quote Originally Posted by KillingCokes View Post
    They should build a tram to the top of the Prof from Abay or to Idiots from LL?
    I have been thinking about this for a few years! How sweet it would be for LL & the Basin to offer a season pass?
    everyone can stay @ Keystone and Vail for all I care. fuckers! most of those gapers cunting up the liftlines cant even ski Pali or the N Pole right anyways!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC06120.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	591.1 KB 
ID:	105607
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010112-1.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	423.0 KB 
ID:	105609
    By offering the LL + Basin pass both areas would be a doing HUDGE service to their front range CORE customers!
    Not sure if it could really ever happen, but man, it would be the shit!
    stay outta my line

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    This would probably hurt the Basin's bottom line though.
    ^^^this. While I too would like to see the gapers go away, I don't think it would be good long-term.

How much influence does Vail have on AB? Seems like AB is the polar opposite of the shit show they call Vail resort. Gives off a real small mountain vibe which I appreciate being from back east and skiing places like Magic Mountain. Is it more of a financial thing?

I think most people wanting AB off VR is because what the Epic Pass has done to increase crowds at AB.

It probably wouldn't hurt A-Basin's bottom line that much. I'd still probably pay for a discounted ticket to ride lifts in the fall/spring once in a while and drive over the pass. Guessing enough of the people going to A-Basin free from the Western Slope would still pay if needed. The same people who didn't bother going to A-Basin free that live on the Western Slope won't buy tickets either. Doubting it will make A-Basin less crowded to be dropped from the Epic/VR Passes since it will still be really close to Denver. But, I'd be even more likely to buy a lift ticket and enjoy the slaying if it wasn't busy.

I'm not sure when there a was a magical time that A-Basin wasn't "busy" being around an hour from Denver. The new lifts probably do more to help the crowd than anything.

Whoever mentioned Breck staying open later, I'm all for it! Having lifts open and runs at Breck and A-Basin in May would help the crowd imho.

Quote Originally Posted by PowTrees View Post
    I'm not sure when there a was a magical time that A-Basin wasn't "busy" being around an hour from Denver.
    Oh, like previous to the mid/late 90's or so.

Financially speaking, I would venture a guess that it would decrease their cash flow, but they would be able to get by with less employees. Not sure if they would benefit or not.