Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Lightbulb Powsurfing... no bindings!

check out this video and article on splitboard.com

So sick...
    .....Visit my website. .....

"a yin without a yang"

Quote Originally Posted by SpinalTap View Post
    I'm really troubled by whatever pictures the Don had to search through to arrive at that one...

Oh and here is a cool article about Jeremy, that dude rules a true soul surfer. He freaking rips on all boards, skate, snow whatever...

http://www.slugmag.com/articles/3046...ersurfing.html
    I'm really troubled by whatever pictures the Don had to search through to arrive at that one...

nope, first I heard of it, but I'm totally sold. Saving my pennies as we speak.

"a yin without a yang"

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    Oh and here is a cool article about Jeremy, that dude rules a true soul surfer. He freaking rips on all boards, skate, snow whatever...

http://www.slugmag.com/articles/3046...ersurfing.html
    yeah, he totally rips. i spent a few hours on his site the other night checking out his blog. Think I read the whole blog from beginning to end. Awesome to see someone take this idea and progress it.

"a yin without a yang"

For sure, he truly kills it. He made a ton of boards last year, like boards for T. Rice and Terje. I'd love to see this blow up for him.

Reminds me of the wake skates in wakeboarding

pretty cool idea. like a twist combo of longboarding, skim boarding, surfing etc. basically the real deal snurfing. need some serious BC to full enjoy, but price seems pretty good for handmade stuff.

hopefully this goes big for him, cool idea.

Didnt the provo brothers do something like this last season? Too lazy to search right now, but im convinced they did..maybe a closed canyons resort? or deer valet?

Provo bros killing it. Looks awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

So snowboarding returns to its roots, no bindings.

Noboarding, Signatures, two years ago:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0LjDFewj6E

Skip to 2:55.

Meadow Skipper,

Given Fanta Se's liberal uphill policy, do you think I could get away with hiking up with one of these on a pow day?

Anyway, I'm thinking there would be some great terrain for pow surfing up around Chama and on the pass over to tres piedras.

"a yin without a yang"

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Cop View Post
    Meadow Skipper,

Given Fanta Se's liberal uphill policy, do you think I could get away with hiking up with one of these on a pow day?
    Sure. No one cares that you noboard.

I'd like to try it sometime.

Looks really fun! Would like to add one to my quiver.

Quote Originally Posted by narc View Post
    Reminds me of the wake skates in wakeboarding
    That's what I was thinking.

Looks like someone made a snowskate that people actually want to use. Personally, I'd rather have my shit attached to my feet. Not a fan of leashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Cop View Post
    Meadow Skipper,

Anyway, I'm thinking there would be some great terrain for pow surfing up around Chama and on the pass over to tres piedras.
    The biggest thing that guys are tellin me that bought them from Jeremy is that it makes boarding feel like it did when you were a kid. I mean a 10 foot air feels like the biggest accomplishment ya know? Cuz it is challenging. Not everyone can just grab a board and shred.

The biggest thing that guys are tellin me that bought them from Jeremy is that it makes boarding feel like it did when you were a kid. I mean a 10 foot air feels like the biggest accomplishment ya know? Cuz it is challenging. Not everyone can just grab a board and shred.
    are you suggesting I might cause someone great bodily harm if jump straight on the slopes?

speaking of roots... no worries, I'll learn my new craft in the BC... just like I learned to snowboard the first time. Tradition!

"a yin without a yang"

You don't want to be on any sort of hardpack, FYI, groomers will suck.

Pow specific, if there ever was a real category outside reverse sidecut boards and No-Boards.

I am surprised you had not heard of them before.

This pow surfer is one of the best designs, next to the handmade Japanese and the one that Wolle Nyvelt has:
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Bump - I'm repping for Grassroots and setting up demos on the East Coast. PM me if your interested in taking one of the Grassroots powsurfers for a spin or contact Jeremy at Grassrootspowdersurf@gmail.com. One of the EC demo boards, the puffy went to the Protect our Winter raffle last night at the BTV Further premier:

this is so amazing. love it. core principles. fun focused. win.

win win win.

edit: just realized i replied to ayear old post. whatever that means...
    "Whenever I get a massage, I ALWAYS request a dude." -lionelhutz

"You can't shave off stupid." -lionelhutz

"I was hoping for ice." -lionelhutz

"It's simple science." -lionelhutz

Quote Originally Posted by gpetrics View Post
    just realized i replied to ayear old post. whatever that means...
    Just say BUMP awesome old thread!!!

I guess most of you are to to young to remember the Snurfboard.

I got my Snurfboard in the winter of 1967/68 Got my first pow turns on the hill above Fox Street
    King Beach CA.

Yea it was fun, I still think the rope in the nose makes sence

I sadly had the cheaper yellow one, not the delux model with the wood grain and racing stripes. Purchased @ Freds Mobile Station.
    I did put some STP stickers on it
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    I guess most of you are to to young to remember the Snurfboard.
    I've heard rumors of a snurfboard Seen them on some walls, they seem real skinny and flat w/ a rope on the nose. Powsurfing is certainly going back to the roots of the sports, the ride is more like surfing, and you (Jeremy) can do skateboard tricks... Living and riding on the East Coast, a powsurfer is a 'quiver' board. My buddy Kev who owns Decembersnowskates: http://decembersnowskates.blogspot.com/, sent me a prototype pow surfer in the spring of 2010. Last year I only rode it a few times cuz the EC winter sucked.. but I had one of my most memorable/life changing runs on Kev's prototype powfish after a late season dump on a closed Stowe Mtn Resort. I've taken a few turns in the trees in variable conditions, but am stoked to head to the misty zones this winter. Quote from Jeremy when I voiced concerns about the tight East Coast trees: "I've been developing some shallow pow- specific boards with east coast riding in mind. They have been working great out here in shallow powder and dense/variable pow. Early season here in utah we end up riding in some really tight trees and I find it fun as hell. Dangerous yes, but if your on a "slasher" or "powder skate" model you can weave thru those trees like nobody's business. You can make much faster and tighter turns than you ever could on a snowboard. It's sketchy at first, but after a little while of riding your confidence builds up and you realize that you have more tight precision control than you do on a snowboard.. as long as there is powder to turn in of course." Check out the tree line at 3:44 to see what he is talking about! I'm stoked to hopefully progress to that level this winter..
    If it's OK with ya'll I'm going to keep bumping this thread w/ powsurf stoke! ECrs hit me up if you want to hook up for a demo. If your not on the EC and want to rock a demo, you can email Jeremy directly grassrootpowdersurf@gmail.com.

Your consistent spamming of noboards and wood snowboards is borderline obnoxious. No, we have no problem with you posting stoke. But when it's a guise to post spam it's fucking lame.

We don't care your buddy owns a company. We don't care you rep that shit, keep it to yourself. If someone wants something based on the stoke you post, they will figure out how to obtain the product. Purely based on the obnoxious way you rep products here I would go to a competitor of anything you promote.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.