Page 266 of 275 FirstFirst ... 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 ... LastLast
Results 6,626 to 6,650 of 6863
    Quote Originally Posted by Drazzamatazz View Post
    Thanks, that's what I imagined, brain was just being weird. Too bad I just finally brought all our old fiberglass insulation to the dump.

Since it's for an insert I'm thinking it'd be better to fill, let cure, then tap/drill. BUT maybe I could get by filling hole with FG & epoxy, inserting insert, then loosely mounting binding heel plate (to ensure insert orientation is correct)?
    I've never done it with an insert or even used an insert

I've never used pink FG insulation

but back when I was the anti-christ how I did it with binding screws is cut FG mat into 1/2" strands, mix with slowset for a well wetted combo that is not too resin rich, cram in the hole and screw the screw in until it was just about to spin, leave the screw/ FG/ epoxy in the ski to cure for a couple days, if you can crank the screw down after 2 days it is no longer a spinner
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I've never done it with an insert or even used an insert

I've never used pink FG insulation
    I guess I worry the threads on the insert may not have the best contact/purchase if I just fill the hole and plop them in.

That said, pretty sure this pull out was a result of an overshot to flat backseat landing that tore my ACL and did a number on the rest of my knee. So I'm not really planning on doing that again...

I'll probably try the easy method and keep an eye on it whenever I swap the bindings over.

its worked multiple time for me and other people on TGR have also used it with sucess

altho there was some skeptisism in the anti-christ phase ... fuck that can't work you gona die
    Last edited by XXX-er; 01-04-2024 at 04:35 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    Isn't this the version of the heel that liked to explode? Circa early 2000s I think
    Jesus… is that a thing for these? Color way is 2003-2007 era Rossi race.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never let the truth get in the way of a good story." Warren M

Quote Originally Posted by jbrine View Post
    Anybody if there is a paper template for this older style Rossi/look axial 100? Not the same as the current ones, toes are same as current, heels are a bit different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Neither were right for the heels... thanks!
    "Never let the truth get in the way of a good story." Warren M

Billy Goats 118 - waiting for the next storm
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20240105_121011597.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	1.87 MB 
ID:	481662   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20240105_121020092.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	1.93 MB 
ID:	481663  

Inserts.

Nioce!
    watch out for snakes

Mounted my Praxis Skinny Quixotes today using the jig designed by MottN. Dead on!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9621.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	756.4 KB 
ID:	481863Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9623.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	741.0 KB 
ID:	481864Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9626.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	291.5 KB 
ID:	481865

labeled it L and R cause it's asymmetric. Graphic is an obvious giveaway but I figured I'd like to see it when stepping into the binding even if the ski is iced up or covered in snow.
    aerospace eng with a gravity fetish
    ig

Quote Originally Posted by MacFive View Post
    I have a few questions. First how far away from old holes should I be going? I know 1cm is what is commonly agreed upon. What diameter do I need to drill for the helicoils? Should I be using epoxy or wood glue when installing helicoils? Finally where the hell do I source helicoils from in Canada? (specifically Ottawa if someone around here knows something I dont)

Also in refrence to my previous post. The skis came in and one of them was plugged with plastic dowels and the other was not plugged at all. Im not sure why this was the case, seems kinda suspicious, hoping there is no water damage. The ski that had nothing in it I kinda filled the holes with jbweld epoxy on impulse which I am realizing was a mistake.
    for heli-coil kits in the great white north try kuusport
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    I’ve decided to try and mount my own fucking skis. Never tried before. Picked up some used cheap skis previously mounted with Pivots.

I’m seeking guidance from the experts here and appreciate any help

1. Can you tell from the pics what BSL range the Pivot holes are drilled for?, boot is 29.5 Cochise 335mm for reference.

Attachment 481171
    Attachment 481172

Been searching for used cheap, beat to hell GW Pivots with no luck.

2. What other bindings have hole patterns that have less chance of overlapping if I were to attempt to drill?

Just trying to figure some shit out before I move to the next step.

Thanks!
    Finally mounted my own fucking skis. Got some Warden demos and put them on tonight. Now I need to test them out and hope they don’t explode.

Name:	IMG_7708.JPG 
Views:	103 
Size:	219.6 KB 
ID:	482094Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7717.JPG 
Views:	110 
Size:	190.5 KB 
ID:	482095

Interdasting, those look really far back.

ETA i have never mounted a set of those bindings.

Those are 186 cm length?
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post

Those are 186 cm length?
    They are 184 and I have a 335 bsl. I just lined the boots up on the recommended line. They do look far back but luckily I can move forward because it’s a demo binding. I did read a lot of people go +1 or +2 for Kastle but since it’s a demo I just tried to use the line.

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post

Those are 186 cm length?
    Better angle with boot in.

Name:	IMG_7719.JPG 
Views:	97 
Size:	208.5 KB 
ID:	482114

What a difference with the ski laying flat. The vert pic looks fucked up

That is pretty crazy. Angle of the dangle I guess

Looks fine and sweet yota.
    watch out for snakes

PSA: Mount your own fucking skis.

So much better in the horizontal picture. The vertical picture had me questioning if you lined up the toe of the boot with the “recommended line” on the ski.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Eyeballing this one.

Name:	IMG_7207.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	756.2 KB 
ID:	482267
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]482268[/ATTACHClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7204.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	682.6 KB 
ID:	482269

With the crappy plastic toe base I have +2mm ramp. With out it i get -1mm.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7200.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	636.9 KB 
ID:	482268  
    watch out for snakes

Has anyone noticed an issue with the Alpinist toepiece where the springs extend down below the frame in ski mode? Could be a QC failure or design quirk, not sure how widespread this is. Currently planning my first mount-my-own-fucking-skis and this is sketching me out. Here are my ghetto tests...

A) Lay binding on a flat surface in ski mode - Result: binding rattles around instead of laying flat & stable. B) As above, but with boot - Result: less wobbly, but still not flat. C) Screw binding into a 2x4 while open, then flip the lever over to ski mode a couple times - Result: springs lift the binding off the 2x4 with enough force to rip front screw out.

I could shim it with a few mm of hdpe, I guess, but the low pin height was the main reason I chose this binding. Should I mount like this and hope there's no fatigue failure in the binding frame or ski? Exchange for another unit and hope for better QC? Please advise.

Quote Originally Posted by backside 720 flying berimbolo View Post
    Has anyone noticed an issue with the Alpinist toepiece where the springs extend down below the frame in ski mode? Could be a QC failure or design quirk, not sure how widespread this is. Currently planning my first mount-my-own-fucking-skis and this is sketching me out. Here are my ghetto tests...

A) Lay binding on a flat surface in ski mode - Result: binding rattles around instead of laying flat & stable. B) As above, but with boot - Result: less wobbly, but still not flat. C) Screw binding into a 2x4 while open, then flip the lever over to ski mode a couple times - Result: springs lift the binding off the 2x4 with enough force to rip front screw out.

I could shim it with a few mm of hdpe, I guess, but the low pin height was the main reason I chose this binding. Should I mount like this and hope there's no fatigue failure in the binding frame or ski? Exchange for another unit and hope for better QC? Please advise.
    That's common on other tech toes too--lever interferes when toe jaws open, jaws interfere at the point the meet when closed. Weird that it's not flat on the top sheet with a boot in there though--are the tech fittings in your boot worn out?

I usually just pick a mode, and tighten all four screws a little bit at a time when they get close to being snug until they are all torqued, just like changing a tire.

Question. Hypothetically speaking, if you somehow managed to mount your front pivot perfect, but the rear one is tilted a few degrees, or more... and the boot locks in ok... and forward pressure is fine is that OK? This didn't happen, but lets just say it did.

Pics?

Look bindings have quite a bit of elasticity and turntable may help with the issue but having it remounted correctly will put those pesky voices to rest.
    watch out for snakes

Mounted last night. Skiing them later today. Psyched!

Name:  Kastle 06.jpg
Views: 357
Size:  92.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Pabst View Post
    Mounted last night. Skiing them later today. Psyched!

Name:  Kastle 06.jpg
Views: 357
Size:  92.1 KB
    Gorgeous

Quote Originally Posted by AZskibum View Post
    Question. Hypothetically speaking, if you somehow managed to mount your front pivot perfect, but the rear one is tilted a few degrees, or more... and the boot locks in ok... and forward pressure is fine is that OK? This didn't happen, but let’s just say it did.
    the heel will release to one side easier then the other. Snap a boot into the ski and post a pic from behind. I would be concerned if the heel is cocked off enough that the metal on the turn table where the dildo connection is made is pushing against the side of the boot. Getting a binding test would be worth it.