Sweetgrass nominated NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC Adventure of the year

Pretty rad honor to have skiers on the Nat Geo roster of Adventurers of the Year for 2012.
    check out our work with Solitaire, and let's rally the ski tribe to vote for Sweetgrass as "Peoples Choice."

http://adventure.nationalgeographic....nick-waggoner/

So you're pretty proud of yourself, eh?

And so he should be. I just saw the short edit of Solitaire at apparently the first stop on the Banff Film Festival Tour. Very impressive. I'd like to check out the rest of the film.

Congrats. A well earned honor.

Congrats nick! What a way to see all of your hard work pay off. Physched for u guys!!!

Kickass, such a solid film you guys put out. Hope to see you guys around the Koots these next few years!
    Life is simple. Go Explore.

Congrats Nick! Hope to get my copy of Solitaire soon.

you got my vote. tough competition though.

solitaire is one of the best ski flicks of the year! by far the best offering from sweetgrass to date. plus most, if not all, of solitaire is done without chairlifts, helicopters, snowcats, snowmobiles, etc. way to pull off such an impressive, ambitious project and get it on film to share!

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAH View Post
    you got my vote. tough competition though.

solitaire is one of the best ski flicks of the year! by far the best offering from sweetgrass to date. plus most, if not all, of solitaire is done without chairlifts, helicopters, snowcats, snowmobiles, etc. way to pull off such an impressive, ambitious project and get it on film to share!
    Yup, with no preachy enviro chest thumping too.

Congrats guys. Well deserved.

I went to the Vancouver Show and it was the best ski movie stoke that I've seen in the past few seasons. Congrats.

great job Nick!

whatever it's worth, I count Solitaire as the best flick I've not only seen this year, but in several years. it has soul. it has storytelling. congrats Nick.
    == | slacktopia | ==
    http://twitch.tv/fugitivephilo
    still bangin' beats

I used to think this national geographic stuff was really impressive. A couple of years ago someone I knew professionally got this award. I than realized allot of it is self promotion. sounds like you made a good movie. looking forward to seeing it. Will probably vote for Jon Turk he probably suffered more and maybe he will send me a free book.
    off your knees Louie

Saw the flick in SF and enjoyed it. Well shot and well framed flick. Really good quality considering you guys hauled all that gear way out there with a minimal budget. Props to you guys making it happen down south in some less than ideal conditions.

Props! Solitaire was the only movie I payed to see this year. Signatures is kick ass as well, because the Lifestyle and story lines shared through digital journaling, thought invoking music and the time spent making the flicks is amazing. Got my vote

Congrats! I personally know Erik Boomer also, the kayaker with Turk. Pretty neat recognition to just be nominated for the award.

Awesome guys, congrats on that!

Nice work, people. When are you bringing it to Eurolandia?