Page 120 of 822 FirstFirst ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... LastLast
Results 2,976 to 3,000 of 20534
    I skied a bunch of fresh today,
    first time ever on Cinco de Mayo.
    Zermatt was the venue. Very nice.
    Viz was clear but not blue sky.
    Snow was very nice. And fresh.
    Met a few maggots there as well.

Look for TR.
    Ski, Bike, Climb.
    Resistence is futile.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostinthetrees View Post
    i would go skiing if i could see something...
    sunday AM; sunny along lac leman.
    G3000; glacier closed, webcam fogged up. may open by mid-morn or noon?

hopefully things will clear up so someone can mow whatever fell yesterday & overnight.

EDIT: Sadly, glacier still closed at noon, lost in fog. the goods will remain as today is the closer.
    Last edited by Lostinthetrees; 05-06-2007 at 04:25 AM.
    when not on the snow what else do i do...

http://www.jatho-craftsman.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by TeleAl View Post
    I skied a bunch of fresh today,
    first time ever on Cinco de Mayo.
    Zermatt was the venue. Very nice.
    Viz was clear but not blue sky.
    Snow was very nice. And fresh.
    Met a few maggots there as well.

Look for TR.
    TR is up! http://tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84779

stantonbum1 and keksie - good to ski with ya!

if someone of you mags is in pitztal the next days, just knock on the door of the silver fiat ducato (with a print "puderschlampe") in front of the station.
    my phone is out of order...

hintertux had a reasonable amount of new snow today, snowline at maybe 2300 or so. still raining in ibk at the moment. probably can't make pitztal tomorrow, should be nice though.
    Ich bitte dich nur, weck mich nicht.

maps say 20cm today.
    well, but i hate skiing alone.
    and i think you need "real" skiing after your skiteacher.lessons
    so kick the college and come skiing!

Quote Originally Posted by Marius View Post
    and i think you need "real" skiing after your skiteacher.lessons
    truely spoken. very tempting. will see what i can do. is your phone competely dead or can i send a text tomorrow morning?
    Last edited by klar; 05-08-2007 at 04:27 AM.

Skied fresh today. Not deep but coverage none the less.

Rain to 2200m
    Knowledge is Powder

Looks like there is a fair bit of snow coming down in Engelberg/Titlis at the moment, although the website says the lifts are closed to skiing today. (www.titlis.ch) Anyone have any idea of what conditions are actually like at the moment. - Could be something for the coming weekend

pitztal was not bad yesterday and we were the only ones interested in the new snow.
    Marius

et moi

Quote Originally Posted by stantonbum1 View Post
    Looks like there is a fair bit of snow coming down in Engelberg/Titlis at the moment, although the website says the lifts are closed to skiing today. (www.titlis.ch) Anyone have any idea of what conditions are actually like at the moment. - Could be something for the coming weekend
    Stantonbum, we were up there yesterday doing laps on the upper portion of the glacier with fresh tracks all morning (20-30cms). Did two runs down the Rotegg (down to Stand) . It was fun up top but very manky down lower. You can ski almost to Trubsee if you wanted to. The Steinberg is still possible with some good snow to be had up top (maybe above 2,200m -edit: I was being optimistic... I think 2,600m is more accurate) and then you have a nice hike at the bottom to get back to the Trubsee station. It's pretty warm in town today, not sure what the snow level is, probably pretty high.
    Last edited by LaZapatilla; 05-08-2007 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZapatilla View Post
    Stantonbum, we were up there yesterday doing laps on the upper portion of the glacier with fresh tracks all morning (20-30cms). Did two runs down the Rotegg (down to Stand) . It was fun up top but very manky down lower. You can ski almost to Trubsee if you wanted to. The Steinberg is still possible with some good snow to be had up top (maybe above 2,200m -edit: I was being optimistic... I think 2,600m is more accurate) and then you have a nice hike at the bottom to get back to the Trubsee station. It's pretty warm in town today, not sure what the snow level is, probably pretty high.
    cool, thanks for the info, will keep an eye on it, and maybe get some more skiing in this weekend. Looks like there should be quite a lot of precipitation on Friday

Despite a tire blow-out due to rockfall on the road we managed a little tour around the Glandon road pass, scene of many a Tour de France showdown.

The tour is pretty relaxing stuff, slopes around 30 degrees and no real objective danger from falls or avalanche with just a bit of breakable wind crust at the summit of the 2928 meter Rocher Blanc

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...90856968324153 - google Video

The last week we have had snow falling from 2200m to 2800m - there is quite a bit of sluffing going on and a few slab avalanches at altitude (for example on the north face of the Grande Casse). We encountered snow at 1900m with fresh, in the form of Graupel, from 2200m. After that things rapidly transformed to around 20-30cm of fresh at 2900m but with a sting in the tail, a breakable windcrust on exposed slopes.

More rain today at altitude

Just got a SMS from Cham.

Couple of friends just skied Rond...third and fourth tracks was the guestimate. They saw two guys skiing down it, went after them, said wind had cleared the tracks when they got there. Windpacked untracked whole way to the middle station.

And fuck yes I'm in the office...

For those of you who can, get it while it last.

Well, at least I can always mountainbike (but just now it feels like a weak substitute at best...)
    Last edited by Jiehkevarri; 05-09-2007 at 02:10 PM.
    "Average summit heights are around 1000m to 1200m but on the high glaciers of the main Lyngen Peninsula there are summits over 1400m with Jiehkkevarri being the highest at 1834m above sea level."

Skied Cosmiques with Idris this morning, first in pretty much skiable entry.

Quite nice conditions, pow with a hint of a wind hardened top layer, pretty safe, very smooth. Took skiers right exit couloir which joins the exit from the Ronde, more chopped up there. We took some shots which I'm sure Tom will post up a bit later.

Traverse out a bit of a bitch but hey who cares.
    All in all, fucking great ski for may, especially after the april we had.....
    i love the sound of avy bombs in the morning

Around 20cm of snow overnight at 2000m with snowline down to 1400m today. This was accompanied by very strong winds from the S/W moderating to N/E. Be careful in the high mountains on North through West sectors as there may be some new slabs.

around 1 m freshies in the Swiss Alps (till Friday) !!

we must be getting some too, been raining continuously in innsbruck since 2am or so

Snow levels down to about 1400mt in Cham this morning, settling down to 1600 or so. Tomorrow will be excellent off the Midi if we get the promised window before the next front

Quote Originally Posted by powders View Post
    Snow levels down to about 1400mt in Cham this morning, settling down to 1600 or so. Tomorrow will be excellent off the Midi if we get the promised window before the next front
    Count me IN. The sight of snow on the aiguilles roughes even is getting me psyched for one last little ski.

Also making tentitive plans to do the Trois Mont Blanc, if anybody's still interested...

Just hope the evening sun doesn't mess things up on the ronde or cosmiques... though with these temps they should stay powpow.

do you know if tom is back from finale today??

Its is looking sweeeet up there... But i'ts not for me, i'm catching the plane to geneva today. And am pretty content to put the skis on the shelf for the summer after finishing off the season with les courtes nne the other day.

Have a nice summer everyone!

powders: hey there btw... i'm fredrik, think i met you at clives, if you remember...

Skied Cosmiques with Powders and the gang this morning. Deep pow but crappy light (for photos).

Payo launching, powders went bigger but didn't get the camera out in time. remember this is 2000ft above the glacier, you have to make the landing.

Deep in places

Skied the Grand Envers with Powders, rest of the gang downloaded. Getting heavy on a hard layer, but untracked is always good fun.... Dammed laders to montonvers were a bit of a kick in the teeth though.
    Knowledge is Powder

Quote Originally Posted by Idris View Post
    Skied Cosmiques with Powders and the gang this morning. Deep pow but crappy light (for photos).

Payo launching, powders went bigger but didn't get the camera out in time. remember this is 2000ft above the glacier, you have to make the landing.

Deep in places

Skied the Grand Envers with Powders, rest of the gang downloaded. Getting heavy on a hard layer, but untracked is always good fun.... Dammed laders to montonvers were a bit of a kick in the teeth though.

wow nice one. that looks in damn good conditions. i ve never seen this step so nicely filled in. i can hardly believe it and am very jeaulous.

Quote Originally Posted by FFsup View Post
    ...And am pretty content to put the skis on the shelf for the summer after finishing off the season with les courtes nne the other day.
    TR? Pics???
    fur bearing, drunk, prancing eurosnob