Page 410 of 822 FirstFirst ... 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 ... LastLast
Results 10,226 to 10,250 of 20535
    Evening,

The CMB website, http://www.compagniedumontblanc.fr/, is the most up-to-date source of info, but they generally only tell you what they are doing as they are doing it... never before.

Word on the street is that the top-top won't be open for a short while yet.

Quote Originally Posted by teosickrider View Post
    Do I read well???!!! +1° at 3000 mt????????? WTF Ullr??!!!!
    Where? And where are you getting this info from.....?

hey, anyone in the arlberg area have some couch or floor space for the 29th-31st?! I can provide beer and or money
    I'm registered dude

Insane... +6c´at 2600m at many resorts (aosta/piemonte), winds picking up AND cold temps for next few days = IceIce Baby.

Swiss mags, could you post some local temps and conditions if you have happend to be in the mountains?
    Conditions are going to be shitpoor, so I think I am going to migrate to swizzera on 28th/29th..
    Finding lodging will prolly be next to impossible, but, cést la vie! Sleeping bag+mat+Fiat500 = Sorted...

Has anyone knowledge on some cheap lodging around martigny? I think due to holiday season there is slim to no chance of affordable lodging up in the valleys?

Antagnod, +11c´....hesus kristo..

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

There is a youth hostel in Sion or Sierre.

Martigny has many hotels, many of them are reasonably priced, likely you'll find a spot. Sorry for not being of help, but in xmas vacations the house xplodes

Zinal was great today, one of my best days there. Bluebird conditions, pow, little competition for lines.
    Powder held up great all day, got a little creamy in the full sun areas but never heavy.

^^Nice bummed I didnt get after it today but skipped on work yesterday so 2 days in a row was not really a good idea .....

Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post
    Beauty.

How was the temps and do you have any info how things will roll in the next few days? All the info I have gathered show that sat should be slight snowfall and then colder temps untill wed/thu?

Have sent couple of emails to different recidenzias (including the said hostel in sion) and everything is fully booked. But the I think the old trick of showing up and searching in-situ will be the best bet, so no worries verb! Would be interested doing some skiing/touring with you swiss mags though, traveling solo and interested in seeing new places. So if someone is around next week, give a shout or something..

Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post
    How was the temps and do you have any info how things will roll in the next few days? All the info I have gathered show that sat should be slight snowfall and then colder temps untill wed/thu?
    it was warm in the sun (dunno how hot in C) but the snow stayed good all day. only the parts that were oriented towards the sun got heavy, but not really heavy, just creamy.
    i think you are correct on the snowfall tomorrow (how much?) and some colder temps would be welcomed. the north flank of the valais got massively dumped on the last few days, but with the south orientation i'd say it's rather done, or nearly so. val d'anniviers did not get as much but the snow seems to be holding up well.

Anybody know how the Portes Du Soleil region made out from this storm cycle?? Their website is full of bad pics and useless information. The homepage is a photo of hot women dressed as cavemen with skis on... for real.....

I heard it portes du soleil did pretty dang well. A friend skiied it sunday and said it was the best powder he ever skiied. According to the radar, I think week they got a lot of snow as well.

Verbier was fabulous again today despite no Mt Gélé, Gentianes (opens tomorrow) or Mt Fort. Attelas couloirs, Col des Mines, Vallon D, Rock Garden all in great nick.

Sad day for monte rosa... Gugliemina went up in flames...

http://www.aostasera.it/articoli/201...rutto-dal-rogo

Good times were had there, worst part that the guardians had renovated the place only a short while ago...
    Vibes.

Guglielmina will survive. Money collection already started.

Quote Originally Posted by bobinch View Post
    Verbier was fabulous again today despite no Mt Gélé, Gentianes (opens tomorrow) or Mt Fort. Attelas couloirs, Col des Mines, Vallon D, Rock Garden all in great nick.
    Yeah there are times that reset my love for verb

Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post
    Sad day for monte rosa... Gugliemina went up in flames...
    Good times were had there, worst part that the guardians had renovated the place only a short while ago...
    Vibes.
    Holy moly, what happened to cause a fire like that. What a drag, dammit, just when I'm headed back...
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I heard it portes du soleil did pretty dang well. A friend skiied it sunday and said it was the best powder he ever skiied. According to the radar, I think week they got a lot of snow as well.
    Thank you Sir. We will be there last week of Jan.

Patrol told me 75% chance Grand montet will open tomorrow the top cabin and 100% chance by the afternoon. Hope they stick to that decision. Anyone willing to meet up and ski together tomorrow? pm me please. Would be nice to meet some of you guys, plus all other friends in lausanne left for christmas unfortunately

Was at eberg this past Wednesday and it was skiing well. Got a run down the Laub and it was fantastic. Unfortunately that night it warmed up quite a bit in the northern alps up to about 2000 meters. Skied Meiringen Thursday and it was quite heavy. If temps drop/dropped below freezing I'd imagine it's quite shitty below 2000 meters. Anyone ski the last few days?
    Life is all about ass...either you are covering it,
    kicking it, hauling it, kissing it, or trying to get it.

Up to 2500m, even up to 3000m in the full south facing, has gotten hard underneath. There is of course new snow that has fallen on top though.

In other news, first box up Grand Montet today at 12pm. Was consolidated pow, but nice.

3 runs of that and then a Pas de Chevre to finish the day off.

Are any of you guys travelling up to the mountains from Geneva? I'm there from Feb till the end of the season, and wanted to know if anyone fancies getting regular trips going - backcountry, touring, in-bounds, whatever....?

Some more from Verbier

Attelas couloirs

Col des Mines

Vallon d'Arbi

Rock Garden

And Mt Fort opened yesterday....

Anyone up for touring this week? My schedule is wide open!!!

Damn, thanks for the verbier stoke Bobinch!
    If you're being rad and nobody's around to see it, are you really being rad?

www.simonblide.blogspot.com