Page 815 of 823 FirstFirst ... 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 ... LastLast
Results 20,351 to 20,375 of 20551
    There is only wild life protection.

Nothing is or can be closed off Piste in Switzerland.

But according to the official map of switz it's only " recommend" wild life. Zermatt has it as wild life in their plan, but technically you should not be fined if it's only recommend and not official.
    The ski area can ( could? Might?) take your pass I guess, but they rarely actively enforce those areas.

So I'd guess it gets skied. But I've never been ( in that part of Zermatt)so i don't know.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

I see about a dozen tracks in there prior to the slide and you can see 3 of the deceased begin to move before they get swept.

That's an alarming watch. Interesting propagation pattern too.

Yeah that's pretty brutal to watch. RIP skiers. Damn.

The helicopter crash that killed Adam George and others is a pretty awful deal too. Crazy story how that Courage guy pushed those kids out of the helicopter and they survived.

Huh? So they are the first ikonic victims. We were speculating about who would drop in on a 4+ day as a group in that terrain on the German ski Board. Turns out it wasn't a conscious decision. Explains why they were buried for hours and had no Equipment.

And I thought it's only 3 dead one injured.

Oh and Jesus fucking Christ that clueless discussion on Reddit is terrible: "maybe they should bomb the mountain more" , those European resorts are reckless" "I mean they bomb whistler and whistler is bigger than Zermatt" yeah right. Zermatt has only about 700m more vertical and you can access Miles of backcountry....but sure.

And you can hear it here first: once some clueless Americans start sueing the European megapass partners, they will limit terrain here. Thanks for nothing ikon.....

Hopefully im wrong and the courts in Europe shut that shit down. But as it happens European resorts can be sued in New jersey for all I know... ( happened in other industries? I think I've heard that a European company was sued for something that happened in Europe to an American at a local court in bumfuck who knows where...but i don'tknow how that went through)
    Last edited by subtle plague; 04-08-2024 at 04:10 AM.

Take a nap, asshole.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Take a nap, asshole.
    Aren't you busy being dense in the Eclipse thread? But I guess your density is enough for more than one thread. So feel free...

Keep speculating on what happens after three kids died, you are a piece of shit.
    crab in my shoe mouth

People die in the alps every season. About 20 in Switzerland on average per year.

Usually there is something to learn from each accident. Unfortunately not this one because poor uninformed tourists thought they were in the US and no decisionmaking process led to this tragedy.
    And I ask the question what will happen if this happens more often. If the reddit discussion is any indication, it won't be pretty.
    Why should I feign some deep sympathy for some people I don't know. Are they more special than the other 17+ dead people each season? No. Not really.
    So I'd like to talk about the major issue that's different and may impact my skiing.

Keep speculating on what happens after three kids died, you are a piece of shit.
    Like calling Buzz a pussy in the thread he started about being suicidal? You should know something about being a piece of shit, you’ve got lots of experience

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Snow for the Euros.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Like calling Buzz a pussy in the thread he started about being suicidal? You should know something about being a piece of shit, you’ve got lots of experience

That never happened, you are a lying piece of shit.
    And why are you always sniffing my jock?
    crab in my shoe mouth

That never happened, you are a lying piece of shit.
    And why are you always sniffing my jock?
    Okay, I must be confused with one of the other horrible posts that you’ve made

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Aren't you busy being dense in the Eclipse thread? But I guess your density is enough for more than one thread. So feel free...
    Just another clueless American, move along.

Seriously dude you’ve wanted to gargle my nutz for years now, sorry guy, it’s not gonna happen.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Seriously dude you’ve wanted to gargle my nutz for years now, sorry guy, it’s not gonna happen.
    Gay jokes are so hot these days.

The huh.... was just a general Statement of bewilderment unrelated to the heli crash. The Rest was on the Zermatt accident

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Just another clueless American, move along.
    Nice people over there, it’s a wonder I’ve never been.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Nice people over there, it’s a wonder I’ve never been.
    We have deeply missed your joyful character over here and can never be whole without your charming presence. But who needs Europe if you have the mighty mountains of southern Vermont breeding elite Skiers like no other place on earth.

You are truly blessed.

The legal ramifications are interesting. Condolences to their survivors. My hope is that Ikon gets sued and decides to pull their Schengen investments.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    The legal ramifications are interesting. Condolences to their survivors. My hope is that Ikon gets sued and decides to pull their Schengen investments.
    Finally. Great minds think alike

But do you know on what Basis they might be sued in the US? I tried to find info, but German sources are pretty vague. It's indicated in my German law articles i could find in between the lawyer ads on how to sue people that advertising Zermatt on ikon or a vague Business affiliation is enough.

Which would definitely be given here.

Edit: IT could get even more interesting if this happens in a fully us owned resort like andermatt.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Finally. Great minds think alike

But do you know on what Basis they might be sued in the US? I tried to find info, but German sources are pretty vague. It's indicated in my German law articles i could find in between the lawyer ads on how to sue people that advertising Zermatt on ikon or a vague Business affiliation is enough.

Which would definitely be given here.
    The basis is who of the remotely legally exposed has the most money. This is not really a joke.
    C'mon, this is America, land of the free, home of the personal responsibility.

Not tp detract from how horrifying the incident is, but the legal issue really gets at the root of why skiing and health care is so expensive in da USA.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    C'mon, this is America, land of the free, home of the personal responsibility.
    As written in the constitution: To pull yourself up by the lawsuits!

And yeah each death is horrible but as you ( and I) have said before this responsibility thing is interesting because this is the first time US and Euro ski culture could clash.

Europeans need to figure out a way to stop the Americanization of their ski industry, fast. If the U.S. can pass laws to prevent China from buying our farmland, Europe can pass laws to prevent American corporations from buying ski areas in the Alps.

Hear hear! Unfortunately the MBAs have a lot more influence than Skiers in Europe as well, so that will never happen.