Page 76 of 85 FirstFirst ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,900 of 2107

Telemark 21st Century

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Having another tele skier notice in line and mention a “little tele ripper” or similar goes a long way to keeping interest.
    Because, like Latin, telemark is worth saving!

Curious what this group thinks a good practical starting mount point is for BMFs? I mounted some Js on the line last year as my first go with these and this year have been trying Outlaws in the same holes, about -2ish overlaying the templates. That seems to be in the range of what 22d suggests and rides good. Feeling like I should be going back -1 or -2, but no guidance from Bishop outside of preference and ski recco had me second guessing before I think about fiddling with them again.

I'm a relative tele noob coming off some ancient free 75mm gear and starting to fiddle with newer toys. Maybe I'm just not that sensitive to mount yet...

Having another tele skier notice in line and mention a “little tele ripper” or similar goes a long way to keeping interest.
    That's what's kept 2 of my 3 on tele gear. And then Outlaws allow for great alpine turns when it gets hairy.

Quote Originally Posted by hnnnng View Post
    Curious what this group thinks a good practical starting mount point is for BMFs? I mounted some Js on the line last year as my first go with these and this year have been trying Outlaws in the same holes, about -2ish overlaying the templates. That seems to be in the range of what 22d suggests and rides good. Feeling like I should be going back -1 or -2, but no guidance from Bishop outside of preference and ski recco had me second guessing before I think about fiddling with them again.

I'm a relative tele noob coming off some ancient free 75mm gear and starting to fiddle with newer toys. Maybe I'm just not that sensitive to mount yet...
    Generally, I wouldn't treat tele bindings differently, so if you like on the line in alpine, I think you'll like the same on tele. But if -2cm inspires, I say go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by hnnnng View Post

22 designs and bnd skigear both sell “shift plates” that you can mount to your ski using your existing holes and then you can play around with your preferred mount position.

I think they run just over $100 on their respective websites if my memory serves me correct.
    "Not all who wander are lost"

Quote Originally Posted by OBLOMOV View Post
    Because, like Latin, telemark is worth saving!
    Laps…Is that you?

No, but I’m glad someone else posted it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

Womens v mens tx pro? Is the plastic cuff different (for bigger calf muscles) or just cosmetics?

Quote Originally Posted by dschane View Post
    Generally, I wouldn't treat tele bindings differently, so if you like on the line in alpine, I think you'll like the same on tele. But if -2cm inspires, I say go for it.
    This has been my thought process so far, happy to not overthink!

Quote Originally Posted by mn_teleswede View Post
    22 designs and bnd skigear both sell “shift plates” that you can mount to your ski using your existing holes and then you can play around with your preferred mount position.

I think they run just over $100 on their respective websites if my memory serves me correct.
    Been thinking about these to do a little experimenting. These might be in the cards this year if there are some extra bucks as we get going.

Sorry if this double posts, new poster getting hit with some anti bot stuff I'm guessing

On BMFs, I have three pair of skis mounted at the line. Haven’t felt like I need to change.

I’m still hunting for some 75mm Scarpas or Garmonts size 26. Trying to rejoin the cult

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I've kinda gotten away from freeing the heel the last few years, but MAN! there is now a replacement crew out there that I see on the regular, and NONE know how to actually commit and make the real-deal telemark turn. It's the biggest heel lifting poodle show ever! Watched a guy on a brand new DPS/Outlaw/TX Pro set up, and it hurt to watch. Dropped his rear foot back at least 3-4" before he delicately lifted his heel and tip-toed a Paramark turn. Ugh. I might have to come off the bench to save the scene in the area.
    Gravity. It's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by axebiker View Post
    I've kinda gotten away from freeing the heel the last few years, but MAN! there is now a replacement crew out there that I see on the regular, and NONE know how to actually commit and make the real-deal telemark turn. It's the biggest heel lifting poodle show ever! Watched a guy on a brand new DPS/Outlaw/TX Pro set up, and it hurt to watch. Dropped his rear foot back at least 3-4" before he delicately lifted his heel and tip-toed a Paramark turn. Ugh. I might have to come off the bench to save the scene in the area.
    We’ve been waiting for our saviour.

We’ve been waiting for our saviour.

I deserved that...
    Gravity. It's the law.

Outdoor Gear Exchange in Burlington VT selling off their demo gear.

$399 TX Pros

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1705766428.572836.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	483750

$999 DPS with Outlaws

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1705766460.991742.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	483751

Meh.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

anyone have experience with whether 22 designs will rebuild a set of older (out of warranty) Outlaw X bindings? I just got a new set of daily drivers and the old ones have some significant side to side play in the pivot point. i feel like they'll explode if i keep them in use. i'm gonna send them an email asking for a rebuild, offer to pay, etc.

That's your best bet. Or even a phone call if you can find one.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

I deserved that...
    Wait, he might’ve been serious. #telestylematters
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    anyone have experience with whether 22 designs will rebuild a set of older (out of warranty) Outlaw X bindings? I just got a new set of daily drivers and the old ones have some significant side to side play in the pivot point. i feel like they'll explode if i keep them in use. i'm gonna send them an email asking for a rebuild, offer to pay, etc.
    Post back what they say. I have one Axl binding that needs a re-press too.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Wait, he might’ve been serious. #telestylematters
    In that case, I came in with a great sermon this morning. Pretty sure I heard some “ooooohing and aaaahhhhing” from the chairs today, followed by a rain of panties. It was most triumphant.

My work is done here.
    Last edited by axebiker; 01-21-2024 at 02:55 PM.
    Gravity. It's the law.

In that case, I came in with a great sermon this morning. Pretty sure I heard some “ooooohing and aaaahhhhing” from the chairs today, followed by a rain of panties. It was most triumphant.

My work is done here.
    Name:  Image1705873190.152044.jpg
Views: 468
Size:  56.7 KB

Name:  Image1705874686.206287.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  71.1 KB

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Not all who wander are lost"

Gravity. It's the law.

I got a 22 Designs email today about their tele demo tour. Toddball posted about this a couple of pages ago, but here's the link, in case you missed it:

https://www.twentytwodesigns.com/dem...eid=02b1580941

I may go to one of the Colorado demo days in February, but not because of the bindings, as I already own and use the Outlaw, Lynx, and Axl -- what I'm interested in are the Moment skis mounted with tele bindings. (22 Designs says they will have Voile and Moment skis for the demo, but I already have skied a bunch of Voile skis.)

Do any of you tele with any of the Deathwish or Wildcat versions? I've heard second-hand accounts of tele skiers enjoying the Deathwish, but it would be helpful to hear a first-hand account.