Review:10/11 Moment Bibby Pro 190

stats: 6' 195, 34 years
    been skiing since I could walk, however my skill level is just above gaper level compared to the maggots on this board
    Boots:Salomon Ghost
    Bindings: dukes mounted at recommended / the (0) symbol

Sold my JJ's and bought these as I never really got on with them ( too much like snowblades, hooky and I could never keep up with my friends)then again, I am old and don't go switch much, maybe I missed the point

My daily driver is a pair of 08/09 189 obSethed with Dukes which I really like.

Skiing Europe, I want a versatile pow oriented ski that handles tree skiing and powder better than the obsetheds

I usually like a medium to soft flexing ski and was a little bit worried about the stiffish feel handflexing these, but figured the rocker / reduced running length would make up for this.
    I only have a few days on these but overall impression is very positive.

conditions: hardpack, crud, tracked out pow, pow (europow that is, not blower)

Hardpack: They need some speed to initiate the turn, feels sooo much more solid than the JJ's. The tail can sometimes hook up a little bit if I get lazy and in the backseat. They carve almost as well as the obSethed, but not quite.. Icegrip is not as good as the Obsetheds unfortunately, but that was to be expected with 13mm extra width underfoot. They feel more like conventional skis than the JJ's but less so than the obSethed.

Pow: took some time to adjust to a more forward stance, but once adjusted, suuper nice, carve and slarve, I experienced no tip dive, floats better than the obSetheds and the JJ's,

Tracked pow: much better than the JJ's, the added length and stiffness makes a difference.

Trees: Nice! just point and go, easy to shut down speed if needed. Better than the obSetheds due to more rocker, lower swing weight and shorter length, but not as quick and effortless as the JJ's

Skinning: heavy but lighter than the obSethed. I don't think I want to do any longer skins on these, but that has more to do with the horrible rotation point on the Dukes I guess.. Maybe I'll set them up with a Dynaduke plate or PLuder inserts later so that I can put some tech binders on them when I feel the urge.

Overall I am really stoked on these.. I will keep the obSetheds, for the more variable conditions, but most likely they will not see much use.

190 Bibby is the best ski I've ever skied. I wish I could ski them every day. They're a bit fat for me to throw around in the bumps, so they're relegated to soft days, but they do everything else so goddam well.

thanks...this review pretty much made my decision between the 184 and 190...now to find some for less than 699...