Would you buy replacement FKS half moons?

Seeing as I have three pairs of FKS bindings, and all of them have broken half-moons - And seeing as I can't for the life of me get replacements -

If I had some billet aluminum FKS half-moons made, who would buy them from me? And how much would you pay for a pair?

I have no idea what this would cost, but you know I would hook up the mags around here.

They cost $5 + shipping from Rossignol, so I doubt it's worth your time.

There a phone number here on TGR to get replacements, but its been disconnected. What's your source these days?

Is it 435 252 3300? There was a direct extension for the guy who used to send them after that but I think he's left. But that's the number for Rossi Ogden, and they should be able to direct you to a suitable employee I guess. I got mine less than 2 months ago, but that was before the guy left (?).

Call the number Toby gave above (435) 252-3300 and ask for Kevin Hillier, if parts are available, he's the guy to talk to.

I just ordered replacement FKS baseplates to replace some old ones. The new half moon pieces are metal vs. the old plastic ones.

Quick update here in case anyone is interested. I just called 435-252-3300 and asked for parts department. Talked to Keith, who agreed to send me a replacement half moon. Very cool of Rossi and thanks for posting the number above.

Nice bump. Any idea if you can buy brakes there too?
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    Sorry, didn't ask about brakes.

Bump... Because I was looking for the number and had a hell of a time finding it. Props to Keith at Rossi. No brakes though
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

That design should have never come out of retirement in my opinion.
    Leave No Turn Unstoned!

Quote Originally Posted by DropCliffsNotBombs View Post
    That design should have never come out of retirement in my opinion.
    Your opinion also holds that epoxy for mounts is bad...
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Quote Originally Posted by Chugachjed View Post
    Your opinion also holds that epoxy for mounts is bad...
    Yes I do. Thanks for paying attention.
    If you want to harm your skis by fusing your skis core material to the threads of your binding screws, then go for it... It is a free country!

Why not epoxy your lug nuts on your car too? You don't want them to come off right!?
    Last edited by DropCliffsNotBombs; 12-31-2011 at 11:30 AM.
    Leave No Turn Unstoned!

Quote Originally Posted by DropCliffsNotBombs View Post
    Yes I do. Thanks for paying attention.
    If you want to harm your skis by fusing your skis core material to the threads of your binding screws, then go for it... It is a free country!

Why not epoxy your lug nuts on your car too? You don't want them to come off right!?

You can melt epoxy with a soldering iron or simply by flipping a bit in a power drill and spin the flat side against the screw. Once the epoxy melts there's no bond.

I'm not saying epoxy is necessary, but there's really no penalty for using it.

Quote Originally Posted by JRainey View Post
    You can melt epoxy with a soldering iron or simply by flipping a bit in a power drill and spin the flat side against the screw. Once the epoxy melts there's no bond.

I'm not saying epoxy is necessary, but there's really no penalty for using it.
    I have mounted and dismounted thousands of skis over the last twenty years since I have been a full time ski tech for several different shops.
    Trust me, my opinion comes from first-hand experience. Soldering irons are for... soldering.

But hey, let's stay on topic.
    Leave No Turn Unstoned!

Yeah, I've never seen or used the soldering iron technique. I just heard about it. Seems fine if it's a quick touch.

My dad's technique was the inverted bit. He designed and manufactured tele bindings for 15 years. You can't really get things too hot, but hot enough to melt the epoxy.

I still do it on my alpine bindings, but i don't think it's necessary. People shouldn't be scared of doing it though.

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    I think you have to buy the whole baseplate. At least you did a couple years ago
    I'd rather die while I'm living then live while I'm dead