Page 339 of 511 FirstFirst ... 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 ... LastLast
Results 8,451 to 8,475 of 12752
    Quote Originally Posted by skipowpow View Post
    I rolled a F250Igloo. I had an 05 f150 and picked up a 99 250 with lower miles and 6.5’ bed - which was mandatory for me at 6’2”. Mr Buddy is great for me and warms up the rig quick. Need to watch condensation but it is for short trips like you described. I wish my topper was extended height, but I can put it in the garage with racks off. What I’ve learned is that I’m really only in it for short bursts or sleeping. I went with this thinking I’d need the weight capacity for a full slide in but with the market on campers right now - that’s like a decade of season passes. Attachment 380098Attachment 380099
    Nice. Last year was a cold one at LL for sure glad you kept warm.

Lol yeah that’s a residential mimo. http://www.roadpickle.com/setting-4g-lte-antenna-rv/ explains it in everyday terms.

How are the A-frame trailers? They aren't much lighter than a fiberglass trailer. Probably can't be insulated as well either.

Quote Originally Posted by gnarbro365 View Post
    Not sure what this thing is, but I’d bet you could drive it to a ski area and sleep in their parking lot…
    Attachment 381199
    What in seven bloody hells is that?
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post

Thought that looked familiar, it is down the street from my house. The guy across the street has an even sweeter "Chamonix" model.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    When I researched this topic a few yrs back, the electronics geeks steered me to MIMO antenna setup rather than weBoost. This can help you understand why: https://www.waveform.com/blogs/main/...a-announcement

However be warned that a typical Mimo is affordable and low profile and therefore scores low points on Instagram.
    Thanks! I'd never heard of mimo.
    On a separate note, this gas station is fucking wierd. Shit all over the place. Looks like someone went crazy inside, but years ago. Broken glass. Stuff from shelves all over the floor. Door held open with a hatchet. One old guy there reading the paper. No cash register.
    All he had was free coffee. He said next year will be 25 years of free coffee.
    I got some.
    We chatted.
    I drank the coffee.
    Thanked him...
    Life on the road.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    Thanks! I'd never heard of mimo.
    On a separate note, this gas station is fucking wierd. Shit all over the place. Looks like someone went crazy inside, but years ago. Broken glass. Stuff from shelves all over the floor. Door held open with a hatchet. One old guy there reading the paper. No cash register.
    All he had was free coffee. He said next year will be 25 years of free coffee.
    I got some.
    We chatted.
    I drank the coffee.
    Thanked him...
    Life on the road.
    Where is is it? I'm glad you had a cup and thanked him.....just a premonition.

Quote Originally Posted by new yabyum View Post
    Where is is it? I'm glad you had a cup and thanked him.....just a premonition.
    Toponas CO
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

^ that's rad. many places out there that are wtf. i'm into it.

Alright, I’m still looking. In Vermont, whatcha got mags?

Slight thread drift/looking for van knowledge

I'm shopping for a work van and saw a 2016 Chevy Express van for sale that claimed it had a locking rear diff. Was that a factory option or an add on?

How hard would it be to add to an older van?

Quote Originally Posted by bluespark View Post
    Slight thread drift/looking for van knowledge

I'm shopping for a work van and saw a 2016 Chevy Express van for sale that claimed it had a locking rear diff. Was that a factory option or an add on?

How hard would it be to add to an older van?
    It's a factory option - RPO code G80. Not selectable, auto engages after enough wheel slip. There's lots of info out there if you search "G80 locking diff".

http://m.eaton.com/Eaton/ProductsSer...cker/index.htm

RV’s are for peasants.

LV’s baby!!

https://youtu.be/ZgrhLElJK1c

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by kelvin1 View Post
    I've come around on altitude adjustment. I was pretty worried about this initially, since one of my main uses for this van is volcano skiing with ~5000 foot parking lots. However, I totally believe that running the heater lean prevents soot buildup with only negligible efficiency loss at lower elevation. According to this game of telephone (https://faroutride.com/air-heater-in...tion/#altitude) Webasto seems to agree. (Or at least they say it won't damage the heater to run it lean).
    Why are you concerned about a heater system this complicated for volcano skiing at ~5k?

Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    Yeah, all of my DIY projects include access to a cnc too.

Figured an EC mag might be interested. NOT MINE....

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...3A108%7D%22%7D

Quote Originally Posted by Pinned View Post
    Throw a Webasto fuel pump into your Chinese diesel heater for $75 and you're still at less than 1/4 of the cost of the original. I'd prefer to buy the genuine article but it's real pricey.
    I like that idea, the clicking noise is a deal breaker for me but that’s a good solution. Everything else is manageable.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    RV’s are for peasants.

LV’s baby!!

https://youtu.be/ZgrhLElJK1c

Lol. Not shown: the train tearing thru just a few yds from their pretend ‘home’ location.

of all the 1% bullshit in this world, that's the dumbest lifestyle fantasy I've ever seen.

don’t y’all be hatin’ on the beautiful. They need to live out their lives too.

I just threw up in my mouth.

Did they miss a single cliche?
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    of all the 1% bullshit in this world, that's the dumbest lifestyle fantasy I've ever seen.
    I've actually got a couple close friends that have converted to full time "rv life" in their retirement. Some have done a good job making it close enough to free via YouTube and they seem to love it.

These are tow behinds, rarely do these folks stay at campgrounds and do their best to boondock..

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Whats up mags, looking for some insight from those more enlightened than myself. My girlfriend and I have been looking to get a place in a mountain town but we're having no luck due to lack of available rentals. We've reached the point now where we're thinking of saying eff it and get a van to spend the winter in.

My question to all of you is what should I be looking for/ to do to properly winterize a camper van. I'm looking at mid 80's GM and Ford camper vans (with kitchen), and possibly some cheaper RV's. They're all propain furnace but we're budgeting to have a diesel heater installed. I know I'll probably have to insulate the windows and we're going to get all the proper bedding too. Does anyone know how well the propain fridges and stoves run in the winter? Also, what do we do to charge our phones? I was thinking one of those emergency car boosters with plug in then grab a generator to charge that?

Aside from those things and better tires for winter I cant think of much else but I know I'm probably missing some important details. Also, the van in going to be parked for a large portion of the winter and it may take a couple trips here and there.

Any info you can pass along would be much appreciated, thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk