Page 346 of 511 FirstFirst ... 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 ... LastLast
Results 8,626 to 8,650 of 12755
    Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Are there any particular resources that folks in the Eurovan/VW turn to for guidance, etc?
    https://www.gowesty.com/tech-article-details.php?id=1

Prices are all over the place. I've seen pop-top Weekender Eurovans priced at $12.5-$30k+, depending on what has been done to them. I don't have any experience with them. The guy I talked to in the parking lot last winter liked his Eurovan, said it's lower maintenance than the Vanagon he had previously, which backs up the stuff I've read at GoWesty...and our experience with the 85 Vanagon we had when I was growing up.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Meter, my neighbor in TC is selling his van and might be the ticket for ya. He’s on here but not very often. He upgraded to a transit, but the van is 4wd and has a pop up he used w wife and 2 kids
    Go on...

Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    That sounds like a wild and crazy company that you use to work for....They doin' any hiring?
    If you can believe it, that company is not longer in existence. We actually did work our asses off though. When we unwound we did so...aggressively.

Not a Class B IMHO. If you want a rig that big just buy a used 22' Class C, add the high tech gadgets and save the money. Something like this
    https://www.kijiji.ca/v-rv-motorhome...9308?undefined
    Last edited by apex dave; 08-26-2021 at 12:37 PM. Reason: additional info

If there was anything available like that around here especially at that price I would’ve already bought it.

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Does this seem like a reasonable price?
    For comparison purposes: https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/r...371435975.html

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I'll do the federal court search later and post what I find.

I'm not letting go on this because you came in with a very specific and serious accusation, and while there is some indication of some issue with the Lee Whay person, I haven't found anything else to substantiate what you wrote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Any update on this ?
    Very bad form for him to come on this board, call out a solid maggot by name, and then not back it up with any links or corroborating evidence.
    Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    I promised to come back with the info when available, so here you go. As I said earlier, I don't know how to search court records but they are attached in the blog post. Read the court decision if you are interested -- it's fairly entertaining as far as these things go.

https://www.overlandwithus.com/equip...wsuit-outcome/

This is all I'm going to say about this, so attacks will not be answered in any way, but have fun with it if you must.
    "Holy Cow!" someone exclaimed from the back of the stationwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    STFU JONG. One of those names you mentioned is a solid maggot and is someone I know personally. Your story sounds like complete bullshit.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Well that didn't age well....
    My Montana has an East Infection

Quote Originally Posted by skysos View Post
    I promised to come back with the info when available, so here you go. As I said earlier, I don't know how to search court records but they are attached in the blog post. Read the court decision if you are interested -- it's fairly entertaining as far as these things go.

This is all I'm going to say about this, so attacks will not be answered in any way, but have fun with it if you must.
    Holy shit, that is hilarious.

I STRONGLY recommend that everyone read the court finding from that blog. It is very, very funny. The Court clearly has zero patience for the idiot Bros who failed to build the camper they contracted.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Thanks for following up with the link. The judge's decision is worth a read.

I had to scroll back up a ways to remember what this was all about. There's still no showing the buyers spent $300K+ in legal fees, and they certainly seem smug about the outcome if they did in fact spend $300K in order to get a judgment of $45K... which was their own money they paid for the project. No fees were awarded by the court.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post

I STRONGLY recommend that everyone read the court finding from that blog. It is very, very funny. The Court clearly has zero patience for the idiot Bros who failed to build the camper they contracted.
    The builders screwed up, and the buyers sound like PITA customers. Not a good combination.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Some of the hilarity.

Apparently the father of one of the bros also stepped in to help out and they had a contract stating as much.Attachment 383678Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210826-193837_Drive.jpeg 
Views:	108 
Size:	63.8 KB 
ID:	383679
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post

I agree. An entertaining read. Strong airs of overland (tm) douchiness on both sides.

Ooof.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    The builders screwed up, and the buyers sound like PITA customers. Not a good combination.

The builders were lazy thieves, one a daddy's girl in fact, that used the court to torture their customers and went out of business to remedy their own failure.

And the buyers paid every penny they were asked to pay. Only one party failed and that's the builders.

So if I'm reading this right, the aero bros didn't finish the camper, served the customers with a lawsuit to cover their asses, and then called in Dad because they didn't want to finish that either? That's some next level pathetic bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    So if I'm reading this right, the aero bros didn't finish the camper, served the customers with a lawsuit to cover their asses, and then called in Dad because they didn't want to finish that either? That's some next level pathetic bullshit.
    Wait so which side of this are the GFC guys?

Graeme MacPherson is a Co-Founder of GFC.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Sure looks that way. It’s like a couple of millennials learned some basic handyman skills on their own houses and then signed a contract to design and build a mansion. Turns out it’s harder than it looks.

The owners of the mog are also idiots for entering into a contract for a complex build with 2 dopes that have never done anything like it. I’m sure they thought they would be saving a ton of money. Real companies that build what they wanted charge hundreds of thousands. The old adage of if it seems to good to be true, it probably is applies here.

Sounds like all parties for what they deserved in the court decision. Hope they all learned something.

Was an amusing morning read.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Meh, they made a mistake and tried to get out of it..not a great way to do things, but they just bit off more than they could chew..Court will give the cash back to the buyer. No fraud, no deception, just a breakdown in relationship...this is what contracts are for right? Sure sucks for the buyer to have to fight it like that, but I think the system worked here no?

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Meh, they made a mistake and tried to get out of it..not a great way to do things, but they just bit off more than they could chew..Court will give the cash back to the buyer. No fraud, no deception, just a breakdown in relationship...this is what contracts are for right? Sure sucks for the buyer to have to fight it like that, but I think the system worked here no?

The builders sued the buyers in an attempt to ruin them financially. Then the builders lied repeatedly in court about the time they spent working on the box. That's fraud, deception, and perjury in an effort to avoid paying the customers back. And we all know that in court sometimes the right party doesn't come out on top.

The effort to legitimatize the builders actions is strong among some here. It makes me sick to my stomach that some think the actions of the builders were ok even if the buyers were a "PITA", "idiots", or "doushey."

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Sinner View Post
    The builders sued the buyers in an attempt to ruin them financially. Then the builders lied repeatedly in court about the time they spent working on the box. That's fraud, deception, and perjury in an effort to avoid paying the customers back. And we all know that in court sometimes the right party doesn't come out on top.

The effort to legitimatize the builders actions is strong among some here. It makes me sick to my stomach that some think the actions of the builders were ok even if the buyers were a "PITA", "idiots", or "doushey."
    i agree douchey, but i am pretty sure I read in the court docs that no fraud or deception was found, and without time cards, even with provided timeline, its still "he said, she said" right? maybe he worked til midnight after that dinner? I also understand who sued who. I am sure someones on the builder sides lawyer friend suggested it as a way out. They wanted out of what they considered a shit customer and saw no other way....I said it sucks for the buyer didnt I? They did win right?

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Sinner View Post
    Typed out something similar last night but didn’t hit send. Part of being a contractor IS dealing with idiot PITA clients. Nothing here justified the course of action taken by Aerocontinental.