Page 508 of 511 FirstFirst ... 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 LastLast
Results 12,676 to 12,700 of 12758
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuntmonkey View Post
    Not sure on the scout dimensions, but we had this mounted to our arctic fox for a while. Will see if I can find any pics. I can't do boxes that don't have racks inside. Shit banging around drives me insane.

That's like #vanlife version of Man Cave. That's awesome.

Not sure on the scout dimensions, but we had this mounted to our arctic fox for a while. Will see if I can find any pics. I can't do boxes that don't have racks inside. Shit banging around drives me insane.

Wish something like that would work for me but the back of the scout isn't big enough to do it without blocking doors or tail lights.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Wish something like that would work for me but the back of the scout isn't big enough to do it without blocking doors or tail lights.
    That's where a truck camper on a flatbed would work well. Get side boxes and put skis in them. Granted, that requires a flatbed. But flatbed truck campers are certainly a great use of space.

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    Yes, we have been enjoying the Lance. This 8 week trip has been great for making a list of things that we’d like to tinker with for better winter/ski use.
    Truck is a 2006 F-250 5.4L gasser with an extra leaf and airbags in the rear.
    Sweet. 8 weeks is a substantial shake down cruise. I've a 2020 2500 sierra AT4 diesel. I thought I may have to go with bags and/or an extra spring but the guy I bought my Lance off of was a mechanic and he figured my truck was beefy enough without. This was confirmed by the dudes who put on the belly brackets. I felt fortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    It seems like no matter how much you spend all on these rvs, they all seem to need some additional work to make them ready for ski/winter camping. What are the things on your list?
    I made Styrofoam inserts for all the windows expect the ones at the sink and the kitchen table. Also made one for the moonroof/escape hatch. It really helps keep the heat in and the furnace isn't going off every 10 minutes when it's minus 20C (-4F).
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

It seems like no matter how much you spend all on these rvs, they all seem to need some additional work to make them ready for ski/winter camping. What are the things on your list?
    Every vehicle is so different that the question is entirely context dependent. Low hanging fruit is most gray/black tanks are suspect in many builds. Interior plumbing usually can survive cold temps if you run the heater 24/7, but any plumbing below windows can freeze as they are cold air entry points. Outside showers are suspect, and are almost never insulated or heated and can burst.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Sinner View Post
    My buddy says it's 87F in Death Valley today, was thinking of going down in a week or 2 to catch perhaps a superbloom, but that's too effin hot for me.
    Ill be there tomorrow lookfor a pasty white chubby middle age guy wearing boxers and nothing else and a dog who hates life because he thinks it should be snowing and cold everyday and wishes he could ski year round

Sent from my SM-A546V using Tapatalk

Thx, I’ve been tracking all brands of ski boxes but somehow Avatar stayed off the radar. The $4k+ cost is comparable to Owl. I’ve come to prefer a telescoping box since it adjusts to the ski length but I have medium roof van … yours is tall enough you probably don’t care about box height.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Remove rooftop A/C unit and add powered roof vent/fan to reduce interior moisture.

Window insulation/covers to reduce moisture/condensation.

Remove pressure hot water system to create space.

Add diesel heater in space freed up from removing hot water heater and pressure tank to run heat while skiing during the day and have secondary backup heat system other than propane furnace.

Add and wire a second house battery with marine selector switch for better capacity/redundancy..

Permanent install of solar panels and solar charge controller.

Turn bathroom/shower into better ski gear drying room.

Outside ski storage box.

Basically, we found that battling moisture and reducing condensation is our biggest priority by adding insulation, active ventilation, and more constant and efficient heat. And managing snowy/wet ski gear in dedicated spaces.

Additional shower tension rods in the bathroom are clutch. We have just one, in addition to the permanently mounted one. We use slim coat hangers and hang up all buffs, jackets, goggles, gloves, helmet that have any snow or rainwater on them in the bathroom. Crank heat, and run bathroom fan on low speed exhaust. Works well!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    Additional shower tension rods in the bathroom are clutch. We have just one, in addition to the permanently mounted one. We use slim coat hangers and hang up all buffs, jackets, goggles, gloves, helmet that have any snow or rainwater on them in the bathroom. Crank heat, and run bathroom fan on low speed exhaust. Works well!
    ^^^^Yup, and it's why a "bathroom" in a camper isn't useless. They obviously have water proof flooring which also makes it a logical place for dripping wet items.

I have just been keeping my skis in the truck cab, but if the wife ever wants to come along I'll need the outdoor storage option. Considering just a regular rack with ski bags over the skis. Might be the simplest option I guess. Could use the Velocirax hitch rack since it'd also be a good bike rack. Or mount some racks to the side of the camper. Don't know yet. Ugh...

I missed getting this from FB marketplace. I've Googled and can't find it online. Would have made a good storage spot on top without being as wide as a normal ski box (which I'd have trouble fitting around AC, antennas, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    I missed getting this from FB marketplace. I've Googled and can't find it online. Would have made a good storage spot on top without being as wide as a normal ski box (which I'd have trouble fitting around AC, antennas, etc)

I had one of those.
    They are beasts.

Plus it looks like you're packing serious heat.

Do you remember where you got it? I can't find one with Googling.

Sorry, it was a Craigslist purchase.

https://bozeman.craigslist.org/rvd/d...730804176.html

41 grand? jfc. corners like a beaut prob.

mad hipster steeze.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post

mad hipster steeze.
    It's parked for sale right at the end of my street. Honestly, it probably does turn better than most modern vans and it's 4WD. It's basically an Isuzu NPR and those run forever. As far as I can tell these are only made with a 3L turbo diesel though? I think the listing saying "gas" is actually wrong.

Buy it put some prayer flags in it, call me when it dies in the canyon I'll give you a lift

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post

mad hipster steeze.
    I bet it handles great in that stretch between Big Timber and Livingston with those persistent head/crosswinds

Do you remember where you got it? I can't find one with Googling.
    The company site is dead, so I’m sure they’re out of business
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Are there any Promaster drivers utilizing a brush guard on the front? There are not too many options or there. But if you have one you like, I'm open to options

Are there any Promaster drivers utilizing a brush guard on the front? There are not too many options or there. But if you have one you like, I'm open to options
    Don’t have one but have considered getting one custom fabricated that I could put some weight on for getting up the access road more confidently during a storm.

Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Is there any where to camp in Jackson Hole this weekend? Small Van or Toyota Rav4

Quote Originally Posted by MVC View Post
    Is there any where to camp in Jackson Hole this weekend? Small Van or Toyota Rav4
    There's no one home at the TRG HQ, try there.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    There's no one home at the TRG HQ, try there.
    See if they’ll prop open the server room door again?