Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Granted, I've only been to one Warriors game; but I have to admit it was pretty damn fun.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    And...I'm back.

To my fantasy league: I'm sorry I dropped out. Not having TV and just getting internet, combined with the fact that I don't like doing shit like that on my work CPU, combined with moving to a new house, working my tits off, hunting my new dog's tits off and not giving a shit about the NBA right now meant that I totally fucked up. NBA fantasy is not something you can do once a week. I am sincerely sorry and I hope someone enjoys my $50. I'll even add a pair of $200 Smith sunglasses to the pot.
    even as a non participant you still aren't the worst manager in the league. no apologies needed. hopefully it will be me enjoying your $50 but as of now arty has a stranglehold on the league (i haven't gotten a chance to decimate his lakecentric roster yet). if you seriously want to donate goggles that would be a sick bonus and i would add it as the prize for best regular season record.

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    Probabaly be a rout but the boy is stoked!
    The Celtics have struggled in Oakland the last few years, haven't they?

Warriors games are fun and there's another added element this year with Lin and Udoh- everyone loves the local kid and Ekpe is pretty fucking explosive. Anyone else see the putback dunk/fast break shot block sequence last night? Monta went off pretty big too; too bad David Lee can't d up to save his life or they'd have won that game.

Argh. Damn the Suns for trading Jason Richardson to the Magic. I have a strange feeling his numbers are going to decline as a result. He's been $$$ this year, otherwise.

Also, I might get bitchslapped this week. Not looking good so far and lots of inactive players this week compared to my competition.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

Quote Originally Posted by Arty50 View Post
    Argh. Damn the Suns for trading Jason Richardson to the Magic. I have a strange feeling his numbers are going to decline as a result. He's been $$$ this year, otherwise.
    dude, there is no chance his production goes anywhere but down. he went from option 1 in a fastbreak then shoot a three offense, to option four behind dwight howard, dwight howard, and dwight howard.

your only hope is that he gets traded again which is what i hear might happen. the magic need a backup center and cant keep jrich, reddick, and gilbert. reddick or jrich is going to get shipped. you should pray it's jrich but it's likely going to be reddick as indicated by his getting tons of run last night (showcase time). so.... long story short, you are fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven S. Dallas View Post
    The Celtics have struggled in Oakland the last few years, haven't they?

Warriors games are fun and there's another added element this year with Lin and Udoh- everyone loves the local kid and Ekpe is pretty fucking explosive. Anyone else see the putback dunk/fast break shot block sequence last night? Monta went off pretty big too; too bad David Lee can't d up to save his life or they'd have won that game.
    Everybody loved Lin at first, but it's gotten kind of awkward. Even on TV, I can tell that crowd still kind of wants to root for him but is constantly worried that he's going to underwhelm, which he pretty does on a constant basis. And, yeah, I saw that sequence. The Warriors should be able to beat Houston at home, but damn. Other than a general lack of D, which the Warriors have never had, the W's biggest problem to me seems to be that they give up a crapload of FTs, don't get enough FTs for themselves, and when they do, make them at an incredibly low rate. It's like handicapping the other team 10-15 points each night.

Edit: The Lakers lost by 19 to the Earl Boykins-led Bucks in LA. Wow. (Love Boykins, BTW. Speaking of Warriors games, I saw him put a lay up over Yao Ming in person when he was a Warrior. Pretty cool to see the league's shortest player take to to the league's tallest.)

I think I've figured out the warrior's main offensive strategy for this season ...

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by basom View Post
    dude, there is no chance his production goes anywhere but down. he went from option 1 in a fastbreak then shoot a three offense, to option four behind dwight howard, dwight howard, and dwight howard.

your only hope is that he gets traded again which is what i hear might happen. the magic need a backup center and cant keep jrich, reddick, and gilbert. reddick or jrich is going to get shipped. you should pray it's jrich but it's likely going to be reddick as indicated by his getting tons of run last night (showcase time). so.... long story short, you are fucked.
    This is merely Reddick's way of getting back at me for dumping him.

Oh well, Bynum had 16 pts in 17 minutes the other night. Hopefully that's a sign of things to come...or perhaps I'll get lucky like the Rev and have Reddick fall on Bynum's knee so hard that it ends his career.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqzF_0LWwHg&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Griffin's High Flying Alley Oop, Almost Hitting The Rim[/nomedia]

Griffin's High Flying Alley Oop, Almost Hitting The Rim
    This one is almost as good:

Would you be surprised if you found out that Hedo Turk And Glue can't jump as high as Blake Griffin?

*From Deadspin.com

Pop-A-Shot challenge:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1ABp5EWcO

The youtube links to the matchups with Lebron, Lamar Odom, Charles Barkley, are well worth watching.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Cue "Basom loves Rondo" post in 3 ... 2 ...

I usually jump in after Basom, but will make the plunge early... Rondo was obviously great, triple double. Damn scary at the end, though. Allen missing two free throws and Ginobili's amazing efforts.

First time the Spurs lost back to back games this season. Great game.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

The two late games last night were great. Haha, the ubiquitous Heat lost to the Clippers. Ladies and gentlemen, Baron Davis!

Sucks that my Warriors lost, but the Kobe vs. Monte contest was amazing.

Two worthy candidates for the all-underrated team: Monte Ellis and Kevin Martin.

^best PG in the league (as long as Paul is still dragging that bad leg around).

he ownerized D will tonight
    damn
    Last edited by Woodsy; 02-05-2011 at 10:14 PM.

I think Paul, Westbrook, Rose, Rando, DWill, and Nash are all pretty close. I don't know if any of their teams would be better off with a different PG. Two more notes:

(1) Westbrook has never missed a game and has never played less than 19 minutes in his first two and half seasons. No other PG can say that, which is pretty cool considering how hard RW attacks the rim.

(2) He's a great player and teammate, but I can't stand Paul's histrionics and flops.

It pains me to say it, but Rondo's inability to find a jump shot and apparent unwillingness to get to the line and risk embarrassment is verging on fatal flaw- not just for him as a player, but for the Celtics as a team. I love the kid but he is a non-entity in half court sets at the end of close games. And yes, that is nit-picking, but anything less than a ring is a disappointment for this team, and you're going to have to win a lot of close ones to get there.

Agreed that Paul seems like a real pain in the ass. He really is the evolutionary Isiah Thomas. Right now, it feels as though Rose and Westbrook are on top, because they are each able to counter whatever any defense throws at them- get to the rim, shoot from outside, etc.- and thereby essentially win games on their own. But I don't think anyone would argue they run their teams the way Paul, Nash, and Rondo do. Williams is maybe the bridge between those two groups, not explosive like Rose and Westbrook but really strong and can post up smaller guards like Jason Kidd used to do.

Good time for PGs.

Crazy - sounds like Jerry Sloan is resigning - effective today -

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/02/10/s...s=iref:nbahpt1

Quote Originally Posted by ncognico View Post
    Crazy - sounds like Jerry Sloan is resigning - effective today -

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/02/10/s...s=iref:nbahpt1
    Just checked in here to post the same thing:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6109031

The Deron-J.Kidd comparison just got real for Jerry Sloan. I should go back and revise that sentence to "post up smaller guards and kill coaches."

Watching a live interview with him on NBAtv right now. He's not really offering up much much info as to why - just basically dodging the questions - sort of blaming his "energy level".

The Deron-J.Kidd comparison just got real for Jerry Sloan. I should go back and revise that sentence to "post up smaller guards and kill coaches."
    word up

DWill got straight out OWNED this week by westbrook and rose, then he went to blame someone
    Sloan doesnt need that shit

anybody got a new team for me?
    fuck
    fuck
    fuck

my coach is gone