View Poll Results: Should he have been arrested.

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

7 8.86%
  • no

72 91.14%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    bklyn and mitch

No offense taken as you have your take and I have mine. If you look at my comments in this thread I didn't associate gang members with white, purple or red skins. My comments are clear that gang members of any color are fair game. Jump the wall into my yard and I will hand grandma your ass.

As far as my comments on the NAACP, ACLU, etc; those bleeding heart organizations in the whole, do far more harm than good for this country. I will give you your comments on gangs and the NAACP. That said, their stance hasn't made a bit of difference for the better and the over all efforts of them, the ACLU, etc have weaken this country's resolve in dealing with shit bags.

Just keep making excuses for the fucktards that roll up in mass into some guys drive way. That will keep everyone feeling safe and keep an lid on escalating levels of violence.
    Well said... leave it to bklyn to assume you're only talking about black gangs -- she's whines about rediculous crap more often than the NAACP. As if people didn't know MS-13 was basically a latin gang. Believe it or not we have asian, native american, and white gangs around here. Who would have known?

And white gangs aren't all "klans" as you say as if that would make them better than than gangs. There are alot of white gangs -- especially in the inner city, that have nothing to do with the "klan."

Quote Originally Posted by Crass3000 View Post
    Well said... leave it to bklyn to assume you're only talking about black gangs -- she's whines about rediculous crap more often than the NAACP. As if people didn't know MS-13 was basically a latin gang. Believe it or not we have asian, native american, and white gangs around here. Who would have known?

And white gangs aren't all "klans" as you say as if that would make them better than than gangs. There are alot of white gangs -- especially in the inner city, that have nothing to do with the "klan."
    I picked out the same identical sentence as bklyn without even knowing. I didn't realize until liv2ski quoted us both--That should say something.

Quote Originally Posted by mitch_cumstein View Post
    I picked out the same identical sentence as bklyn without even knowing. I didn't realize until liv2ski quoted us both--That should say something.
    It does say something. Neither of you read my previous posts in the thread, but thought I had loped out a nice talking point for you to expand on.
    Good job
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

bklyn is offline who guards the guardians?
    It does say something. Neither of you read my previous posts in the thread, but thought I had loped out a nice talking point for you to expand on.
    Good job
    Did you delete your previous posts in this thread? I re-read it and AFAIK that is your first sentence in response to do work:

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    ....I say kill 'em all. MS, LK, Crips, Bloods, Solidos, etc, etc, etc... and make it EXTRA messy. Fuckin' hang 'em from the streetlights for extra effect. Fuckin' garbage that preys on those in our society with the least amount of resources with which to defend themselves. God how I'd love to set up a militia whose only purpose is to fuckin' pwn bangers... God, I fuckin' hate them with every fiber of my being.
    That is pretty much my take on gangs. But the NAACP and related bleeding heart social organizations would go ape shit if we infringed on their civil liberty's one inch. As a Society, we have gone way overboard on protecting a shitbag.....
    I questioned your choice of listing the NAACP in relation to this discussion; it's odd. In the article there is no explicit mention of the race of the homeowner, and race is only implied for the gang members by listing MS-13. Do work listed a bunch of gangs that cross a spectrum and even advocated forming his own.

I can see a correlation between your later mention of the ACLU and the topic, since they've been a part of many lawsuits surrounding gun control. I could understand if you mentioned the NRA or the ATF, considering the combination of firearms, law enforcement and home defense... but the NAACP? What do they have to do with it?

I posited that your usage reflects your personal views on race and a general lack of knowledge about the NAACP. (A group that was widely criticized because they joined in a suit against the CA government accusing them of.... *not doing enough to stop gang violence*.) This may have led to your BVD's getting into a bunch and general butthurtedness because I called you out. It's possible that I'm wrong, but your first response did imply something other than what your later backpedaling says.

I don't see enough in that one article and the later posts to have a firm opinion on what happened beyond a few observations. If you feel you need an ak-47 to defend your house, and if your fences are high and fortified to keep out human predators instead of keeping kids and pets in and providing privacy... maybe it's time to move. There are radically different ways the situation could be interpreted, based on the article, and I'm interested to see what happens with this case.
    I'm just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe...
    I come up hard, baby but now I'm cool I didn't make it, sugar playin' by the rules
    If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from, then you wouldn't have to ask me, who the heck do I think I am.

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    Well, it's always best not to fuck with the local shitbags, they are always there and they're trying to be ignorant hardasses because, y'know, that shit's cool. They will fuck your shit UP if you let them assert dominance, as you can't be there all the time.

That said, if you're a loose cannon AK-toting psycho that skins MS-13 members in the front yard and wears ear necklaces, they probably don't want to fuck with you, either.

I say kill 'em all. MS, LK, Crips, Bloods, Solidos, etc, etc, etc... and make it EXTRA messy. Fuckin' hang 'em from the streetlights for extra effect. Fuckin' garbage that preys on those in our society with the least amount of resources with which to defend themselves. God how I'd love to set up a militia whose only purpose is to fuckin' pwn bangers... God, I fuckin' hate them with every fiber of my being.

Do Work Son!
    Live Free or Die

And by the way, this sounds like the plot to Gran Torino, which was a great flick by the way.

Next thing you know the guy was saving the Asian kid next door from his own cousin.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by Crass3000 View Post
    As if people didn't know MS-13 was basically a latin gang.
    French, Italian?
    Your dog just ate an avocado!

Quote Originally Posted by bklyn View Post
    Did you delete your previous posts in this thread? I re-read it and AFAIK that is your first sentence in response to do work:

I questioned your choice of listing the NAACP in relation to this discussion; it's odd. In the article there is no explicit mention of the race of the homeowner, and race is only implied for the gang members by listing MS-13. Do work listed a bunch of gangs that cross a spectrum and even advocated forming his own.

I can see a correlation between your later mention of the ACLU and the topic, since they've been a part of many lawsuits surrounding gun control. I could understand if you mentioned the NRA or the ATF, considering the combination of firearms, law enforcement and home defense... but the NAACP? What do they have to do with it?

I posited that your usage reflects your personal views on race and a general lack of knowledge about the NAACP. (A group that was widely criticized because they joined in a suit against the CA government accusing them of.... *not doing enough to stop gang violence*.) This may have led to your BVD's getting into a bunch and general butthurtedness because I called you out. It's possible that I'm wrong, but your first response did imply something other than what your later backpedaling says.

I don't see enough in that one article and the later posts to have a firm opinion on what happened beyond a few observations. If you feel you need an ak-47 to defend your house, and if your fences are high and fortified to keep out human predators instead of keeping kids and pets in and providing privacy... maybe it's time to move. There are radically different ways the situation could be interpreted, based on the article, and I'm interested to see what happens with this case.

Wrong. His point was that they (the NAACP) would make it a race issue, not him, which is why dbags get off to easy these days. Asshole runs in all races, but because MS-13 isnt the Aryan Brotherhood, theyd make an issue out of it. Its a loose correllation yes, and Im not going to get into the this group does this, that one does that debate, but that was his general point.
    Live Free or Die

Just wanted to give you people a better idea of what that area is like so you can understand that this guy wasn't off base for doing what he was doing.

Safety urged for Hofstra students after machete robberies
    Originally published: September 10, 2010 12:25 PM
    Updated: September 10, 2010 12:44 PM
    By NEWSDAY STAFF lidesk@newsday.com

Hofstra University officials urged students to be vigilant off campus after masked, machete-wielding men robbed students in three separate incidents.

During the crimes, two of which occurred Sept. 3 and the other late Monday, the robbers held up students who were walking off-campus, stealing cell phones, handbags and cash, officials said.

No one was injured.

In the most recent incident, which occurred at about 11:35 p.m. Monday, the thieves targeted a 21-year-old woman walking at Hamilton Road and Rodgers Street, stealing her handbag and personal papers.

In a statement, Hofstra University officials said they issued safety alerts to students about the incidents and reminded students to be safe when traveling off-campus. The university's Department of Public Safety has increased patrols and is working with the Nassau County Police Department to catch the robbers.

"The safety of our students is our highest priority," the statement read.

No arrests had been made as of Friday morning, and a description of the assailants wasn't available, according to a spokeswoman from Nassau County police.

Anyone with information should call Crime Stoppers at 800-244-TIPS.

The guy shouldn't have pulled the trigger without someone else with a gun or knife in the sights.

Only problem here is the warning shots.
    The fact that 5 people voted 'yes' is sad. You do not have the right to grab 19 friends, go onto someone's property and directly threaten to kill them and their family.
    He should get a medal. But this is NY, so he'll probably get thrown in jail and the gangbangers will get Junior Police badges for getting another gun owner "off the streets."

Quote Originally Posted by bmg97 View Post
    Just wanted to give you people a better idea of what that area is like so you can understand that this guy wasn't off base for doing what he was doing.

Safety urged for Hofstra students after machete robberies
    Originally published: September 10, 2010 12:25 PM
    Updated: September 10, 2010 12:44 PM
    By NEWSDAY STAFF lidesk@newsday.com

Hofstra University officials urged students to be vigilant off campus after masked, machete-wielding men robbed students in three separate incidents.

Sounds like the MS-13. They love them some machetes.

If you feel you need an ak-47 to defend your house, and if your fences are high and fortified to keep out human predators instead of keeping kids and pets in and providing privacy... maybe it's time to move.
    Yea because I'm sure they wanted to be there in the first place. Not everyone can afford to live where it's safe.

doughboyshredder Guest
    Yea because I'm sure they wanted to be there in the first place. Not everyone can afford to live where it's safe.
    and that is why lower income people tend to have to put up with more crime than the more fortunate do.

most of the time bklyn is spot on, but that's pretty much a bullshit statement.

bklyn is offline who guards the guardians?
    That's true. There comes a time when a person should have priorities and that area has been troubled for quite a while. Maybe he should have put the money spent on that gun to a different use.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Wrong. His point was that they (the NAACP) would make it a race issue, not him...
    I disagree in a big way about why he brought up the NAACP in the first place. Maybe if he clicked on the video link at the bottom of the article in the original post he would have thought twice about taking that position. Look at the video and search your feelings about the facts 'as presented' and why the guy got arrested. Do they change after you see the homeowner?
    I'm just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe...
    I come up hard, baby but now I'm cool I didn't make it, sugar playin' by the rules
    If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from, then you wouldn't have to ask me, who the heck do I think I am.

There comes a time when a person should have priorities and that area has been troubled for quite a while. Maybe he should have put the money spent on that gun to a different use.
    You're kidding right ? I think his priorities were spot on. TO PROTECT HIMSELF AND HIS FAMILY !!! How the hell is spending $500 on a gun going to make or break a move to a better neighborhood. It's not. Should he have spent the money on balloons and candy to pass out to the "MS13" members to spread joy and happiness instead ??? I think it was a pretty wise investment and money well spent. Considering the area he lives (since you know it so well) and estimating his income, what do you think he should have spent the money on ??? Just curious what you think. Maybe you can help all low income families move away from the gangs. You do know most gangs exist in low income areas right ? Last I checked there was no MS13, Latin Kings, Bloods or any of that shit in Old Westbury or Old Brookville.

I questioned your choice of listing the NAACP in relation to this discussion; it's odd. In the article there is no explicit mention of the race of the homeowner, and race is only implied for the gang members by listing MS-13. .
    I'm sure he just used NAACP without thinking and probably meant groups like the ACLU. I've always sorta thought the NAACP would take up issues for any minority but maybe I'm wrong. But the fact remains people are sick of the NAACP casue they lost their integrity long ago when they started going after stuff that was obviously not racist -- Sort of how Jesse Jackson always shows up for some stupid thing that happened that most normal people wouldn't consider racist in the slightest. The NAACP is so popular because of actions like this:

http://www.dailybreeze.com/news/ci_15281166

These people make normal black people look bad.

mmm'kay going after stuff that has nothing to do with the issue at hand makes people look silly. We're seeing a pattern here LOL.

SO where do you draw the line? One time ,it's your stereo being stolen,what if the next time it's something you need to be able to make a living,like your car,or a piece of equipment that's vital to your work? Do criminals have an honor system stating that they'll only steal "luxury or non esential items"? Is there a list that they consult that tells them what's permissible to steal? Should you pay more in deductables,insurance premiums,lost time & wages, so that they can "earn" a living by stealing from you? Should your livelihood & abilty to make a living,keep a roof over your head & have food take presedence over someone that might be going through a rough time & needs to "suppliment" their income through larceny?

Perhaps it's quaint & old fashioned,but if you don't threaten others with death & don't steal or rob them,you probably have much less of a chance of being shot or killed.
    Last edited by freshie247; 09-11-2010 at 10:11 AM.
    Calmer than you dude

Quote Originally Posted by yodaottis View Post
    Only problem here is the warning shots.
    The fact that 5 people voted 'yes' is sad. You do not have the right to grab 19 friends, go onto someone's property and directly threaten to kill them and their family.
    He should get a medal. But this is NY, so he'll probably get thrown in jail and the gangbangers will get Junior Police badges for getting another gun owner "off the streets."
    don't fire a gun unless you're prepared to take a life

"warning shots" are stupid and reckless
    holy fucking shitballs

Helldawg Guest
    If he lives in Uniondale, then yes, he should have been arrested. Whether he shot an AK into the lawn is beside the point...

After reading through this ive changed my mind. Arrested for stupidity. Respect for having the balls to brandish a weapon on his property and taking a bead on anyone threatening him. That's every American's right. But shooting grass is just part of the problem.

Its sort of my feeling about ccw's. Everyone has a gun now, and with a ccw an attitude to go with it. Flip off some 5 foot douche behind the wheel and all of a sudden he has the balls to follow you home. Ive had a few run ins where there was only one explanation for that amount of stupidity and courage.

I have to vote for responsible gun ownership.

If someone pulls into my driveway and says they are going to kill my family I would probably do the same as he did. If they didn't leave soon thereafter the car they came in would need to call 1800-54-GIANT because of all the 7.62 rounds that just busted up their windshield. Then my buddies would come over and see that no-one ever made any phone calls from that vehicle.
    A woman reported to police at 6:30 p.m. that she was being "smart-mouthed."

Just wanted to update the story. He got what he deserved !

A Nassau County grand jury has voted not to indict a Uniondale man who fired his gun into his lawn in September to scare off a group of men he said were menacing his family.

George M. Grier, 30, said through his lawyer that he is relieved at the news and hopes to go back to his job delivering packages, from which he has been suspended since his arrest.

"He can go back to his life," said his lawyer, John R. Lewis of Farmingdale.

A spokesman for Nassau District Attorney Kathleen Rice confirmed that a grand jury did not indict Grier, but would not comment further.

Lewis said the Sept. 5 incident began when Grier asked three men who were loudly arguing in front of his house, appearing to be on the verge of violence, to move down the block. Instead, the men surrounded Grier's cousin, who also was outside the house, Lewis said.

At that, Grier went into the house and returned with his gun, which he owns legally, Lewis said.

Grier, at the time, said the men began shouting, "You're dead! Your family's dead!" Lewis said more than a dozen more men joined the group, and some lifted their shirts to reveal tattoos signifying that they were in the gang MS-13. Soon after, Grier fired warning shots into his lawn and the men scattered, Lewis said.

Police charged Grier with felony reckless endangerment and misdemeanor possession of a dangerous weapon.

Lewis said Grier and his wife, who was inside the house at the time, both testified before the grand jury. None of the men who allegedly had surrounded Grier's cousin testified, Lewis said

The ACLU is why you can type hateful filth like that on the interwebs. (yes, they go overboard sometimes)

To me it sounds like the cops had to arrest someone. If they responded to a guy shooting a gun, and got back to the station after talking to him, but not taking him it, it could very well be their ass on the line. But from the sounds of it, he sounds justified. He also sounds fucked. Maybe they arrested him to protect him from the 50 guys that were gonna show up an hour later with guns and whatnot.

EDIT: whoops, missed that this was an older story with an update. I'm surprised you can legally own an AK in NY, but whatever. He was justified in doing what he did. Maybe the grand jury thing is protocol. There was a gun fired in anger, so it was investigated. They usually have grand jury hearings if a cop has to fire his/her gun. If it was legitimate (or even when it's not.) they don't get indicted for anything.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.