Page 224 of 252 FirstFirst ... 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 ... LastLast
Results 5,576 to 5,600 of 6280
    Some more Round Top stoke from this morning.

Sorry,but the pictures are not showing

Wow, those chutes are fatter than I have ever seen them. Vets will be skiing that patch until October this year! Winnemucca Lake still frozen pretty good or getting precarious?

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    Wow, those chutes are fatter than I have ever seen them. Vets will be skiing that patch until October this year! Winnemucca Lake still frozen pretty good or getting precarious?
    Lake looks solid, but I wasn't gonna risk it as i was flying solo, I went around. The whole basin has sooo much snow!

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    Those chutes look tasty.

UTaho' So I assume an over night freeze occurred. Any cornice breaks during the day?

roll call for the gnar ranch saturday?

DSK for me on Sat and then prolly a Rose lap or 2 on Sun and maybe some Carson Pass stuff Mon/Tues/Wed...not sure. Gotta be back in SF on Thurs for dentist appointmet, but gonna get a few days in this w/e...
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Those chutes look tasty.

UTaho' So I assume an over night freeze occurred. Any cornice breaks during the day?
    Yes it froze, but not too deep. The best skiing was on the western aspects which is where that last pic was. It got really warm today, & I would not expect a solid freeze tonight but you never know.

There was a big difference in snow conditions depending where you were. Some of the steeper pitches up high were a little sketch, got some pinwheels going here at about 11:30.

No big cornices falling, but some chunks have gone off & some look ready to go.

Vets is offline Orange Mocha Frappuccino!
    I plan on Donner Ski Ranch on Sat., Mammoth on Sun., then probably some BC locations Mon., Tues., and Wed. So many good choices now.

any SF / east bay mags want a Yose Pass good until the end of the month? trade you a bottle of beer for it. I have my next year's all parks pass now, so this one is redundant.

It won't be good to access eastside as I doubt Tioga opens before the end of the month, but who knows ... anyways if you want to go climb or hike down in the valley here's a good way to save 18 bucks.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Don't know if it's a repeat but G posted this Tallac TR in the padded room....

Ohhh DAMN!!

Had a similar experience on carson pass a few years ago on one of the coldest days of the year. Scared a bear out of a tree or maybe he ws hanging in the treewell but then he came running down the hill right past me and towards Mrs. MT before heading across the slope and on his way. Would've loved to have helmet cam footage like G's of that day.
    A good friend would come bail you out of jail. A great friend would be sitting next to you saying..."but damn that was FUN"

Quote Originally Posted by Vets View Post
    I plan on Donner Ski Ranch on Sat...So many good choices now.
    Interesting logic.
    So many great choices, I think I'll go to Donner Ski Ranch.

Quote Originally Posted by Vets View Post
    I plan on Donner Ski Ranch on Sat., Mammoth on Sun., then probably some BC locations Mon., Tues., and Wed. So many good choices now.
    Got a New Belgium Brewing Black Ale in my gullet and some fuzz buzzing around the cerebeullum, thus I just couldn't pass up giving some serious mad props to Sweetcorn for garnering a glorious F+ for reading comprehension skills.

Dunno about you, but when I read Vets post, which ends with: "Then probably some BC locations Mon., Tues., and Wed. So many good choices now", it's pretty damn OBVIOUS that the phrase in question, "so many good choices now", without any doubt, refers to the BC locations Vets is contemplating for Mon/Tues/Wed.

But hey, this is the Tahoe Weather, Conditions, Stoke, and What's Up Thread, not the Tahoe Reading Comprehension Thread, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised...

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    ...serious mad props to Sweetcorn for garnering a glorious F+ for reading comprehension skills...
    Hey Dooks, cut him some slack. I think he was making a joke there with some judicious editing...
    So this Ale brings out the Grrr! in you, then?
    (We're glad your Dentistry is underway)

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

yeah but he didn't call Sweetcorn a jacknugget so dooks hasn't gone full Grrr mode yet.

Hoping the "mostly clear" and "light SW winds" forecast for tonight sets up an inversion that will help you guys down at DSR tomorrow. Man, I'm hoping spring shows up one of these coming June weekends and we get some corn ... otherwise looks like we might have gone straight from Winter to Summer.

Freezing temps being called for at Shasta though, I guess it's CA Cascade season!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Negro Canyon/Upper Gregory Creek staging area (off I-80) is officially burnt out.
    That said, Boreal looks pretty damn bueno and the chutes facing southish off of Castle Peak look nice. Curious what further back looks like (Frog Lake).
    Will no doubt have pix from DSR on the morrow as a small crew is expected: Me, Vets, Corky for sure.
    Plan to hit Rose on Sun and will most probably scope out Mt. Lola and spread some beta in the days to follow.
    Carry on!

snuck up to DSR this morning. ran a few laps with the crew, snow was actually pretty decent. good times for june 11th.

Veritable Rogue's Gallery in effect at the Ranch this fine June Day: Vets, Spats, Splat + deus Francais, Corky, Bullhorn, Jim S. and apparently Snapt (if you were the cat on the OG blue Bros with the Dynafit binders?).
    Started out at 9:30 and called it quits at 1:00.
    Snow held up well and was definitely worth the $25 in coin.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    snuck up to DSR this morning. ran a few laps with the crew, snow was actually pretty decent. good times for june 11th.
    Dude, next time use your maggot name.
    Only now do I realize who you were and I had something I wanted to talk you about, ie, 179s.
    Great times on June 11 with a bunch of skids from the interwebz.
    And dookey won a Bud snowboard!

Me and the 2 year old are day trippin' to the Ranch tomorrow to give the wife a little break....be warned. Just look for a monkey blanket and a dad stressing on capturing the moment.

Today was really a lot of fun taking a few laps at Donner with maggots

Toyota recall.....?

Donner...party of 5...non-vegan please.

Just look at the snowpack in mid-June!!

Serene Rose b/c moment last week

Every man dies. Not every man lives.
    You don’t stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

Vets is offline Orange Mocha Frappuccino!
    Here a a few photos from today at Donner Ski Ranch (more in a TR later.)
    Bullhorn:

Spats:

Dookey67:

Arno:

Splat:

It was fun to share a great day.

what, no brace?
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Nah. My knee is really solid these days, it just hurts sometimes.
    It liked the late morning corn to moosh cycle a little better than the firm early morning sun cups.