10/11 Official Fantasy Football Thread

Hows everyones drafts going?

My first draft is Sunday night for our keeper league. I've already had to make the tough decision to keep either Reggie Wayne or Roddy White, who I think has more upside and will have an amazing year. I kept Wayne 'cuz he'll retain value for trade-baitting, Manning is QB, and I already have Turner on the Falcons as my other keeper. ...I'm hoping R.White falls down to me at the #9th or 16th spots

Who do you guys think will have a breakout year?

Who's taking a hudge step backward this year?...please god, not Wayne.

Is Farve gonna play as washed up and uninspired as he's been saying in all his interviews?

How far is Fitz gonna fall with Leinart or Anderson throwing to him?

Which Rookies are gonna perform and which are gonna Glen Coffee?

I would have loved to play on TGR but I'm already in two competitive leagues and it gets to convoluted doing more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

I hate to disagree with someone with such a noble powder beard, but I have to state it plainly: fantasy football is gayer than a bag of dicks.
    As a snowboarder... i fucking hate snowboarders in general. -advres

Quote Originally Posted by DeeAre View Post
    I hate to disagree with someone with such a noble powder beard, but I have to state it plainly: fantasy football is gayer than a bag of dicks.
    IK,IK, Who hasn't been there? ..."I participate in sports, I DON'T watch them"
    ...Then you graduate from High school, grow up, maybe even get your dick wet someday, and come to the realization that you were just being a pretentious cunt. That you never did know WTF you were talking about. ...sound familiar? Stop cunting up my thread, dick.
    Oh, and thanks for powder beard comment, we're very proud.

OK, fantasy football is actually a fucking blast! I Know there are lots of people on here who play and I'd recommend it to anyone but Dee, cuz he is just too cool.

Here is my roster 12 team keeper league:

Kevin Kolb
    (Phi - QB
    Reggie Wayne
    (Ind - WR)
    Roddy White
    (Atl - WR)
    Michael Turner
    (Atl - RB)
    Beanie Wells
    (Ari - RB)
    Brent Celek
    (Phi - TE)
    Knowshon Moreno
    (Den - RB)

BN
    Justin Forsett
    (Sea - RB)
    Jerome Harrison
    (Cle - RB)
    Jay Cutler
    (Chi - QB)
    Anthony Gonzalez
    (Ind - WR)
    Devin Hester
    (Chi - WR)
    Jabar Gaffney
    (Den - WR)

I have to get rid of either Gonzalez, Hester, or Gaffney for a kicker and i'm I'm leaning toward AG as he has to work his way back from a knee injury and into the #2-3 Slot, and Gagnon seems pretty entrenched at #2.

what sez u?
    get paid

MPPG: You've got a team very very similar to a guy in my league. Same format as well, 12 man keeper league. You start QB, 2 RB, 3 WR/TE, DST, K, we have 16 player teams, and points are based mostly on scoring with bonus points for every 25yds receiving and rushing, 225 yards passing.

Jerome Harrison, despite being on my very, very lowly Browns should give you some good production. You look pretty thin at RB though, how many players are you allowed to have?

Here's my team, we drafted a long time ago back in the first week of August:
    STARTERS:

Joe Flacco (QB-BAL)

Maurice Jones-Drew (RB-JAC)

Cedrick Benson (RB-CIN)

Pierre Garcon (WR-IND)

Derrick Mason (WR-BAL)

Hakeem Nicks (WR-NYG)

Garrett Hartley (K-NO)

Cowboys (DST)

BENCH:

Eli Manning (QB-NYG)

Kyle Orton (QB-DEN)

Joseph Addai (RB-IND)

Justin Forsett (RB-SEA)

Fred Jackson (RB-BUF)

Chris Chambers (WR-KC)

Braylon Edwards (WR-NYJ)

James Jones (WR-GB)

All in all, I really like my team. I really like my RB situation especially, 5 deep at starters is going to be a real asset going forward should injuries, bye weeks and trade opportunities arise. QB - I think I'll roll with the better performer and play the matchups between Flacco and Eli, Orton is just a last round pick bye week replacement that may or may not still be there come Flacco and Eli's week 8 bye. If my WR's can produce I shouldn't have any issues, and I like the fact that I've got QB-WR connections (10 points a pop in our league) for both my best QBs.

Alright, tear my team apart!
    I still call it The Jake.

So which one of these gentlemen do you think about the most when another man is roughly penetrating your ass?

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    So which one of these gentlemen do you think about the most when another man is roughly penetrating your ass?
    I know, FFB is gay and all, but the $4,800 top prize I took home last year didn't suck. And that's real.

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    IK,IK, Who hasn't been there? ..."I participate in sports, I DON'T watch them"
    It's not that. I love watching sports. Non more than futbal americano. It's just that fantasy football fails to merit the most fundamental aspect of the game, control of the LOS.
    That
    and it's about as cool as poker on TV.

Sorry, done cunting.
    As a snowboarder... i fucking hate snowboarders in general. -advres

Ya, I missed out on the mag league too, but am likewise afflicted. I am in two leagues for $$, and two rec leagues for shit-talking old college buddies.

The challenging one, is 16 teams, PPR, IDP, and 4 keepers, so the draft can be retarded in terms of taking a rook or some 3rd WR in the "first round".

Dump Hester, Gonzo is good Wayne insurance, and Gaffney is gonna get a lot of catches, maybe not hudge yardage, but a lot of catches and probably decent TDs.
    Quote Originally Posted by RockBoy View Post
    The wife's not gonna be happy when she sees a few dollars missing from the savings and a note on the door that reads, "Gone to AK for the week. Remember to walk the dog."
    Quote Originally Posted by kannonbal View Post
    Damn it. You never get a powder day you didn't ski back. The one time you blow off a day, or a season, it will be the one time it is the miracle of all history. The indescribable flow, the irreplaceable nowness, the transcendental dance; blink and you miss it.
    Some people blink their whole lives.

Hows everyones drafts going?
    I got A Rodg at QB, Larry Fitz, Colston, Percy Harvin at WR, and Gore, Forte, Bradshaw and Portis at RB. Jermichael Finley at TE. On the bench, LT and V Jackson waiting to go off, along with..

Who do you guys think will have a breakout year?
    ..Jacoby Jones. Wes Welker, but taller and faster.. coming out of the slot, or out wide?! guy had 6 tds last year (out of only 26 rec) in very limited action.. Playing opposite Andre Johnson, who'll be drawing all the double teams?!?
    Who's taking a hudge step backward this year?...please god, not Wayne. OR Fitz
    fixed it for ya

Which Rookies are gonna perform and which are gonna Glen Coffee?
    man, Spiller looks good. so does Best. but both of their teams are gonna blow... so... my money is on Ryan Matthews. good back in a great situation.

oh, and those of us who love fantasy football, love NFL football. and if you think NFL football is gay, you really need to go in the bathroom, grab your tweezers, and lift up your junk to make sure theres a sac still there.. NFL & "gay".. uhh, no.

Team names?
    That's the real beauty of FF.

Chris Henry's Wild Ride

Dez's Mom

Quote Originally Posted by RockChalk View Post
    Chris Henry's Wild Ride
    I laughed...

Favre's flip-flops

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post

not Wayne. OR Fitz

..Jacoby Jones.

Spiller
    Best
    Ryan Matthews. .
    You know there are other fantasy writers besides Matthew Berry? You might as well link to his love/hate column if you are going to copy him player by player.

B- your RB situation looks good with Addai on the bench, but considering you're a 3WR team you're hurting in that position pretty bad. Nicks and Garcion could have good years, but your missing a #1WR. I've been waiting for Mason to slow down and It hasn't really happened yet, but I try to avoid older players like the plague.

Dee- Don't sweat the cunting, I told everyone tonight at the draft about what you said with "FF being gayer then a bag of dicks" and everyone thought it was hilarious. Just remember, it's like smoking weed and fucking fat chicks you should really try it first before judging

Sterling- 16 teams 4keepers thats crazy, i've done 14 teams and I had to live on the waiver wire all year, sounds fun tho
    I wish I had seen your suggestion of keeping AG earlier. I got rid of him last night and totally forgot about the Wayne handcuff. Oh, well.

Joe- You on a 10 person team??? cuz your team is fucking stacked. Jones is supposed to be #2 this year. and spiller has not disappointed this preseason but it's for the bills, so draft at your own risk

GGG- This years names could change anytime but so far it's: 'Turd in pool'- based on a true story- and 'Prepare2Bdominated'
    my favorite name ever was 'dickdeep daydreamer' which I won the Championship with.

Burbs- When he's right, he's right. It's early and we just won't know for a few weeks but most people agree on those sleeper picks. Then again most people read his Love/hate column too

I won two years in a row, and always appreciate the few hundred bucks to get me through the season, maybe get some new sticks with.
    get paid

12 team league, my squad:

QBs
    Romo
    Cutler
    RBs
    Jones Drew
    Leon Washington
    Amard Bradshaw
    LT
    WRs
    Boldin
    Desean Jackson
    D Bowe
    J Edleman
    TE
    Owen Daniels
    Gronkowski
    D
    Saints

And whoever said FF is gay can lick my dogs ass. We have 6k up for grabs in my league, winning that would be real gay.

Team names this year-
    Quim Ninjas
    HDIC
    DILLIGAFs

and my personal favs from years past, the Angry Dragons. Ya, I know, I spend too much time on urbandicitonary.com, but if it makes me laugh, it gets the nod.

HD333, I would be on the lookout for another backup QB, I think Cutler may have a bunch of TDs with Martz, but he could have even MORE INTs, if you are getting negative points for that. Or he could be Kurt Warner lite. Who knows.

And for all the haters-taking other peoples' $$ is NEVER gay (unless it is for bj's on the corner, but does that really make me gay?)

16 team league, my keepers are Flacco, Boldin, Addai, and Celek. Hoping for a RB1, but will probably have to go with best avail and draft IDPs a little earlier. Good luck everyone. Hopefully we can share some beta here, and SMOKE the peeps we all play against, since we aren't playing each other!
    Quote Originally Posted by RockBoy View Post
    The wife's not gonna be happy when she sees a few dollars missing from the savings and a note on the door that reads, "Gone to AK for the week. Remember to walk the dog."
    Quote Originally Posted by kannonbal View Post
    Damn it. You never get a powder day you didn't ski back. The one time you blow off a day, or a season, it will be the one time it is the miracle of all history. The indescribable flow, the irreplaceable nowness, the transcendental dance; blink and you miss it.
    Some people blink their whole lives.

Quote Originally Posted by suburbs View Post
    You know there are other fantasy writers besides Matthew Berry? You might as well link to his love/hate column if you are going to copy him player by player.
    I dont even know who that is homie. I watch tons of football, keep an eye on rotoworld for injuries/rumors/news, and watch the depth charts. I make up my own mind, and a LOT of people have predicted those names to break out this year, not just me and Berry..

Joe- You on a 10 person team??? cuz your team is fucking stacked. Jones is supposed to be #2 this year. and spiller has not disappointed this preseason but it's for the bills, so draft at your own risk
    Yeah, 10 person league. QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, TE, FLEX, K, D. I'm the defending champ, and yeah, I'm pretty happy with my draft. Decided to change strategy this year and target QBs and WRs. The NFL is a passing league now. Plus the days of the workhorse running back are (mostly) over.

Btw DO NOT give up Jabar Gaffney. Hes looking like the true #1 WR in Denver, and I bet he's gonna put up a good 70-80 catches (or more) this year.. I'd drob Gonzo too, they are just so deep at WR and like the Saints, spread the love around..

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Here's my team, we drafted a long time ago back in the first week of August:
    STARTERS:

Joe Flacco (QB-BAL)
    Maurice Jones-Drew (RB-JAC)
    Cedrick Benson (RB-CIN)
    Pierre Garcon (WR-IND)
    Derrick Mason (WR-BAL)
    Hakeem Nicks (WR-NYG)
    Garrett Hartley (K-NO)
    Cowboys (DST)

BENCH:
    Eli Manning (QB-NYG)
    Kyle Orton (QB-DEN)
    Joseph Addai (RB-IND)
    Justin Forsett (RB-SEA)
    Fred Jackson (RB-BUF)
    Chris Chambers (WR-KC)
    Braylon Edwards (WR-NYJ)
    James Jones (WR-GB)

Alright, tear my team apart!
    Well, you are looking pretty solid at RB. But you are THIN at WR. You dont even have a true #1 guy. (Garcon is #2 to Wayne, Mason generally doesnt produce, and is now #2 to Boldin, and Nicks is #2 to Smith). Thats where I'd look to improve if I had ur squad..

Btw, if you're a Browns fan WHY THE FUCK DONT THEY USE JOSH CRIBBS MORE?!?! Man!! That guy has skills, but they dont use him!!

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    Btw DO NOT give up Jabar Gaffney. Hes looking like the true #1 WR in Denver, and I bet he's gonna put up a good 70-80 catches (or more) this year.. I'd drob Gonzo too, they are just so deep at WR and like the Saints, spread the love around..
    I Picked up Gaffney in both leagues and think he could be a PPR stud.

Here are the results from my other league at last nights 12 team, PPR, IDP draft:
    Turd in pool-
    Round Pick Player Position
    1. (5) Maurice Jones-Drew RB
    2. (20) DeAngelo Williams RB
    3. (29) Roddy White WR
    4. (44) LeSean McCoy RB
    5. (53) Vernon Davis TE
    6. (68) Mike Sims-Walker WR
    7. (77) Kevin Kolb QB
    8. (92) Santana Moss WR
    9. (101) Marion Barber RB
    10. (116) Jon Beason LB
    11. (125) Julius Peppers DE
    12. (140) Jabar Gaffney WR
    13. (149) Bernard Pollard S
    14. (164) Kellen Winslow TE
    15. (173) Ryan Longwell K
    16. (188) Lance Briggs LB
    17. (197) Charles Tillman CB
    18. (212) Stylez G White DE

I'm super stoked on this draft. I was glad to see MJD fall to 5th. I felt like I got good value throughout with steals on Sims-Walker in the 6th ,Barber in the 9th (Felix went real early!lol) and Winslow in the 14th, tho I don't usually draft 2 TE but I would be an asshole not to snag him.

I think I'm gonna drop Stylez today after waivers are over and pick up Rashard Jennings for MJD insurance, considering the knee issues
    get paid

Shit someone make up my mind for me!

Moreno @ jac

Forsett against SF

?????
    Forsett is projected to get a couple extra points but SF D is real good, so is Jac.
    get paid