Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Mike- I'm based in VT, travelled to RI for the storm, then I was back up in NH this afternoon and there were still good overheads till dark.
    It's supposed to die down quick tonight, but Im gonna stick around and see if they are wrong again like last week
    I did the cape about 3 weeks ago. surfed Nausett and marconi, and got it on a couple great days with some big, clean waves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

GOOD TODAY

at the honey hole........

spent 12 hours at the beach today starting with a small windy session at the pipe. not very good. chilled for a few hours till 2 hours before low and with diminishing winds and a more westerly wind direction things really came on. gorgeous thigh/waist high long lefts at the honey hole with just 4 of us out. went out leashless on the lost round nose fish and had my way, we all did. we all knew each other and just traded waves and laughed at how frickin good it was.

it's still happening..........i'm cooked.

maybe a bump left in the morning? why should it stop now?!

rog

honey hole sounds good, need more info on location. at least what state its in... i know its a secret but cmon no one reads this thread anyhow.

NH

Quote Originally Posted by big mike View Post
    honey hole sounds good, need more info on location. at least what state its in... i know its a secret but cmon no one reads this thread anyhow.
    mid coast nh.

rog

Quote Originally Posted by big mike View Post
    it's a fictional place in his head. he is delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by rdennhs View Post
    video from the weather channel.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/video...t_recent#18191
    "A local is just a dirtbag who can't get his shit together enough to travel."

- Owl Chapman

Just to post it in the thread.

That looks solid. The vid was less impressive, but still big. Any pics out there from the reefs near shore to RI? I imagine it may have been slightly less beefy, but more lined up. That deep water reef really seems like just a peak, and then back into deep water.

Still, I think that is the largest wave pic I have ever seen from the EC. I'll need to check with my buddy. He has some old school shots from the outside jetty at Wells from December 1994. That summer, RI also had a solid swell.

Quote Originally Posted by peterslovo View Post
    Maine was cranking this am; sets were definitely in the well overhead to almost DOH range. Still good, but winds switching SW, which are fine still for other locations.
    Up at my beach, Saturday AM was similar, but a bit smaller. Lots of shoulder, with sets every few minutes in the overhead range. The period was much shorter and less coherent, so a fair number of the waves would split apart as they came around the bar point while others would stack&dump. Fun lefts, which don't always materialize at this break either.

Quote Originally Posted by strawjack View Post
    it's a fictional place in his head. he is delusional.
    oh sean, don't be such a miserable troll.

rog

ok today i pack up the truck and head south and east. leaving b.c. and heading to ack hopefully get some swell out of this season. hope i remember how to paddle its just like being on the skin track just put your head down and dont stop, right? lets go igor...!

IGOR! IGOR! IGOR!

It looks like it should be a Hurricane in the next few days, and taking a (hopefully & **anti-Jinx***) direct route towards the NE coast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Discussion Here

Yeah, that looks promising.

BRING IT!

^^^^^^^thanx for posting. may be good enough to break in the new 6'2" lost shark xtr.

maybe a little bump for tomorrow/sat for the rnf.

rog

Powder Goat. Here is you set up for hudge NE. If all goes as forecast today for the next ten days. Hollee sheet! This is the set up. I imagine every where will get some, but this thing is looking to drive right at RI, ME and come damn close. But not too close.

Someone needs to head up to Nova Scotia and ge on a long deep point.

Marty Feldman will not be arriving tommorow, for those over-anxious.

Good news is, the Jew shop I'm currently collecting FERN from (Federal Reserve Notes) is closed on Saturday.
    Some sort of Jew holiday, aparently.
    Skiing made me Board

IGOR!!!!

Spinnin' on up!

- Owl Chapman

That is a badass pic and a badass storm. Enjoy the next couple of weeks boys - should be huge!

Long period Igor energy starting to fill in, with periods in the 14 s range. game on!

- Owl Chapman

well after a week long road trip back on nantucket. jumped in this morning and surfed for the first time in two years since i been living in fernie b.c. nice groundswell coming in 4 to 6 ft at 12 sec. walled up and dumping on the sandbar. have to say i took a beat down, 125 days skiing with a lot of touring dont do shit for those paddling muscles. hopefully be able to get in some more but since its just supposed to get bigger from here will prob get shut down on the paddle out and watch from the beach... dawn patrol tommorow nice to only have a 5 min drive to the beach, one of the good things about living on a small island.

swells been holding around 4-4.5 ft at 15-17 sec, so good energy. No huge size yet, but some consistent sets in the couple feet overhead range thus far. This morning promises to be good, with north winds. Swell forecasted to fill in more during the day. If any surf mags are in the portland area today and want to hook up later this afternoon for a session, drop a pm.

- Owl Chapman

4-4.5' @ 15-17 sec... um, yum. Have you had a chance to get to any of the outer reef stuff? 4.5'@17 would be breaking well overhead, pushing double with the right set up. We just had a 3.5@17 showing well OH.

How does Docs work on a swell like this? I imagine the reef peak at O is working. As is the moody rights, j bar, little rivermouth and perkins. Oh, and ti, of course. Some of those cobble stone islands outside cape porpoise. Anyone up in the Small Point area?

Pics????

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    4-4.5' @ 15-17 sec... um, yum. Have you had a chance to get to any of the outer reef stuff? 4.5'@17 would be breaking well overhead, pushing double with the right set up. We just had a 3.5@17 showing well OH.

How does Docs work on a swell like this? I imagine the reef peak at O is working. As is the moody rights, j bar, little rivermouth and perkins. Oh, and ti, of course. Some of those cobble stone islands outside cape porpoise. Anyone up in the Small Point area?

Pics????
    A friend I ran into yesterday left on a boat and said it was quite good, but won't divulge the outer island to me. Another group went to NS, so I'll wait for their reports, but a text this morning said it was pumping!

docs could work well, but so many other things are lit up right now, that I haven't even checked it! Surfed Fortunes yesterday - very fun, couple feet overhead on the sets. Hit a slabby right this morning, which was really fun, then went over to Higs (not crowded at all due to size), and it was firing - biggest sets were about 3 ft overhead, but really hard offshores, making it tough to get in.

Friend headed up to SP today, so I'll get the report (I have work to do until 4, yet I'm here posting on TGR )

- Owl Chapman

Of course the local paper has to catch me at a closeout section instead of elsewhere on the wave.

Check out the shiny bald head!

Will post more images of the surf from Igor as they become available.

- Owl Chapman

Quote Originally Posted by peterslovo View Post
    Of course the local paper has to catch me at a closeout section instead of elsewhere on the wave.

Check out the shiny bald head!

Will post more images of the surf from Igor as they become available.
    ...nice!